[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this movie so mean spirited?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 14

File: v1.jpg (28KB, 206x305px) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
28KB, 206x305px
>little girl eaten by compys
>Eddie Carr is ripped in two by dinosaurs while trying to save his retarded friends
>dozens of hunters and technicians horribly slaughtered by dinosaurs because Vince Vaughn is a cunt
>Shipworker implausibly eaten by their own cargo just for doing their job
>poor sap in San Diego just strolling down the street is eaten by a T-Rex
>bus and video store trashed, San Diego harbor destroyed and many injured
>Family have their dog eaten, and possibly implied to get killed as well
>Raptor impaled on a spike while just trying to pick up the takeout order
>Gymnastics kill a dinosaur
>Roland Tembo loses his best friend and his passion for his life's work
>Hammond is on his deathbed
>Ludlow, CEO of a megacorp is eaten by dinosaurs, his project for the corp goes to hell and probably tanks the company, costing thousands of jobs
>T-Rex muching hunters into blood and crushing them to death with its feet
>Vince Vaughn gets off scott free after causing the deaths of two dozen people
>A lot of this played as dark humor, too

The fuck was Spielberg's problem?
>>
I have permanent nostalgia goggles with this movie since I saw this movie when I was like 10 years old. I love Lost World just as much as Jurassic Park.
>>
>>87432005
The second one is supposed to be the darkest in the trilogy
>>
>>87432043
I feel the same way, like it's inferior to Jurassic Park but I just can't watch the first movie without this one right after it.
>>
>>87432043
Same here. Dinosaurs were everywhere at that time. I had a few JP toys myself and every Saturday my dad bought me a JP candy egg while he was out getting breakfast for us. The toys inside were crappy but he knew that I loved all the dinosaur/JP stuff.
>>
Roland Tembo was so likeable they had to cut a scene of him beating up drunk assholes so audiences don't sympathise too much
>>
>>87432005

The little girl lived though. The only person who dies at the claws of the dinosaurlets is a fucking white male
>>
>>87432005
Hammond said she was fine.

As for the rest of your post, all of those people were once again trying to control 'nature', and the whole story of Jurassic Park is that if you try to control something like that and you don't understand it or respect it, it's going to be dangerous.
The second book was about the evolution of complex social behaviour and how much of it we don't understand yet. In the movie, their lack of understanding of T-Rex behaviour causes Eddie to be eaten and their equipment to be destroyed.

Vince Vaughn was being a cunt but he was doing his job. Hammond had him there to sabotage InGen if they showed up.
>>
>>87432121
But it wasn't because they inserted cringy shit like the scene transition to Goldblum yawning when the girl gets attacked or the infamous gymnastics scene

The tone is all over the place.
>>
Vaughn was the real villain of the film.
>>
>>87432396
>Hammond said she was fine.

why did this make me laugh so much
>>
>>87432396
>Hammond said she was fine
And you believe the guy who served his honored guests chili and sea bass?
>>
File: skeleton.jpg (27KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton.jpg
27KB, 400x300px
>>87432806
>Hammond: "She's fine, now go to the fucking island Ian"
>>
>>87432043
The Lost World is like that really sweet, fattening desert you eat right after a well cooked and seasoned meal.

It tastes great, but there's nothing really good in it.
>>
So weird, I was just watching The Lost World yesterday.

I finally stumbled through the special features and noticed the STAGGERING amount of unreleased posters for the movie. Seriously, check them out if you can. There are some bizarre ones.

I overall love the film immensely.
>>
>>87432996
Can't say I know what you mean specifically, but considering just how much shit got reworked in this movie it's no suprising. It probably underwent more changes than any other Jurassic Park movie, unless we count the dino-human hybrids and Jurassic World as being the same thing
>>
>>87432875
>btw your girlfriend is already there ian :^)
>>
>>87432950
>It tastes great, but there's nothing really good in it.
What a terrible analogy. Nothing about it tastes good. It's a shitty movie that is a chore to sit through.
>>
>>87433027
>dino-human hybrids
Excuse me?
>>
>>87432005
Like others have said, she's fine.

lol

Pretty sure there was a deleted scene that implied Roland had already lost almost all passion for life and that hunting a Rex was like the last challenge.
Still sucks that he lost his one true friend.

>Ludlow, CEO of a megacorp is eaten by dinosaurs, his project for the corp goes to hell and probably tanks the company, costing thousands of jobs
In all fairness, Ludlow was a stupid prick. Also, the company was bought out by the Indian guy from Jurassic World, so most of the employee's probably retained their jobs.

The one thing that makes me truly made about this movie.
>>
>>87432310
fucking hell, I remember those.
I had a shit tone of the eggs, but lost most of them, mostly outside.

I even found one of them while digging up some soil for a new veggie garden one time, like 10 years ago.
>>
>>87432005
You forgot everyone in the dock operation building gets wiped out because only the mustache twirler was smart enough to book it
>>
File: shesfine.jpg (35KB, 190x272px) Image search: [Google]
shesfine.jpg
35KB, 190x272px
>>
File: 1428972498661.jpg (124KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1428972498661.jpg
124KB, 340x340px
>Jurassic Park
>Men shouldn't play God and what's lost to time should be left there

>Lost World
>artificially created murderous monsters that went extinct 100's of millions of years ago without the intervention of man should be protected at the expense of human life
>>
The Lost World is a good fucking movie. Second best in the whole series and by far the most exciting. 20 years later it still has a lot of replay value.
>>
>>87432005
>The fuck was Spielberg's problem?

Not killing the T-Rex by Spino.
>>
File: WP_20170907_002.jpg (894KB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170907_002.jpg
894KB, 3072x1728px
>>87433027
Here's a few.
>>
>>87433681
>fight between Spino and T-Rex, Spino wins
>later in film, maybe climax, Spino is attacked by a pair of T-Rexes, T-Rexes win

would have made up for so much of that film
>>
>>87432005
un /tv/ related but the video game made around this movie was 10/10
>>
File: WP_20170907_004.jpg (797KB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170907_004.jpg
797KB, 3072x1728px
>>87433760
>>
File: WP_20170907_006.jpg (881KB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170907_006.jpg
881KB, 3072x1728px
>>87433792
>>
>>87432396
>Hammond said she was fine

Funny considering that in the books the compy's saliva is like a drug that puts its prey into a stupor, and Hammond himself dies to them.
>>
File: WP_20170907_009.jpg (863KB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170907_009.jpg
863KB, 3072x1728px
>>87433827
>>
>>87432005
Little girl survived.
>>
JP1 DUDE THIS IS THE ISLAND OK?

JP2 DUDE THERE'S ANOTHER ISLAND WHERE WE DID ALL THE SHIT LOL
>>
>>87433785
>dodging sauropod feet as compy
>swimming around, desperately searching for air bubbles
>running from pachycephalosaur only to get knocked off of ledges by little flying shits
>murdering a whole group of hunters as a raptor, as they scream and run for their lives
>smashing through jungle encampments as a T-rex
>running from a pair of angry T-rexes with nothing but flares and a tranq gun

So much damn fun. I would take a remaster of this in a heartbeat
>>
>>87433768
Nah, spino getting killed by a pack of raptors like they planned to do in JP3 before cutting it out because budget.
>>
>>87432005
She gets bit by one. And that scene is from the opening chapter of the original novel. JP2 and 3 both plug in scenes from the original book, like the aviary, the T-rex trying to eat them in the cave behind the waterfall, or dinos escaping the island by boat.
>>
>>87432806
>>87432841
>>87432875
Besides what Hammond said. The board of directors stated she would be fine in one of the deleted scenes altho probably scarred.
>>
>>87433768
There isn't anything to make up for.
It's great.
>>
>>87434183
>believing a board of directors who would approve of a chef who serves chili and sea bass
>>
>>87434202
>TLW
>great
>>
>>87434257
No 3.
>>
>>87434225
They were holding photos of the girl in hospital.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGCA_iA8wqk
>>
>>87434330
>believing in the credibility of a photographer who would work for an organization that serves chili and sea bass
>>
>>87432005
spielberg lost control of the jew demon, but he's fine now.
>>
>>87432841
Chilean Sea Bass. Or am I being memed?
>>
>>87433614
the mean spirited tone really makes it hard to enjoy. it is very well made though, from a visual standpoint
>>
>>87433614
>replay value

yeah, mostly related to production design and visuals. that's why the tie-in games and toys are better than the actual movie.
>>
File: jurassic_park_41.jpg (167KB, 700x643px) Image search: [Google]
jurassic_park_41.jpg
167KB, 700x643px
>>87433059
>>
>>87434375
It actually called Patagonian Toothfish but no one would eat that shit.
>>
>>87433520
Is this OC? Did you just make it?
What's it from?
>>
>>87434445
What is this from? I don't remember any of this dumb shit.
>>
>>87434375
memed
>>
>>87434475
The top design is briefly visible on a monitor in the science lab in Jurassic World
>>
>>87434445
>yes, this will sell toys and not traumatize children, make it.
>>
1>TLW>JW>3
>>
>>87433889
Do the third one.
>>
>>87434515

1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TLW=JW=3

FTFY
>>
>>87434524

JP3 DUDE ALAN A KEK TREX A BITCH
>>
>>87434446
Nobody did because it was ugly looking and had a shitty name. So some Jew bought a load because it was considered chum at best and throw away at worse. So the Jew bought it and cooked it and it tasted amazing. So what he did was sold it to inland restaurants and said it was a Chilean Seabass and told them how to cook it like he did (or it was his mate, I forget). Became super famous and was essentially fished to extinction over the next 30 years. It's now protected species and you need loads of permits and licenses to fish it and it's a delicacy.
>>
>>87434504
Jurassic Park was never for kids.
The original book was hard R horror-sci-fi thing
>>
>>87434660
imposter sux bro
>>
>>87432005
>video store trashed

Good to see your priorities are in the right place.
>>
File: 1503386639873.jpg (200KB, 764x512px) Image search: [Google]
1503386639873.jpg
200KB, 764x512px
>>87434006
Do you still know the game name anon i forgot
>>
>>87432350
not jeff goldblum's black daughter, there was the other girl who died at the beginning. they are trying to introduce the idea that the dinos have spread to other islands (as a result of newman spilling his shaving cream in the water suppler)
>>
>>87432950
>uses a food analogy
>explains the food analogy
>>
>>87433849
tf is a book?
>>
>>87434461
looks like Hammond from Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis
>>
>>87436489
She didn't die.
>>
>>87436584
it's like a movie script
>>
File: shes fine.jpg (20KB, 190x272px) Image search: [Google]
shes fine.jpg
20KB, 190x272px
>>87436794
>She didn't die.
>>
>>87432005
She lived. Hammond says as much when he meets Ian.

>Eddie Carr is ripped in two by dinosaurs while trying to save his retarded friends
Bite force of the Trex likely killed him immediately. He was good friend.

>dozens of hunters and technicians horribly slaughtered by dinosaurs because Vince Vaughn is a cunt
That's what happens when you have shitty perimeter security and don't spot check your weaponry.

>Shipworker implausibly eaten by their own cargo just for doing their job
The raptors snuck on the boat, they weren't cargo. Play stupid games when stupid prizes.

>poor sap in San Diego just strolling down the street is eaten by a T-Rex
I don't remember that.

>bus and video store trashed, San Diego harbor destroyed and many injured
That's a good thing though.

>Family have their dog eaten, and possibly implied to get killed as well
No. The dog was eaten.

Is this supposed to be witty?

>Gymnastics kill a dinosaur
Mental gymnastics are ruining your complaints.

Because he realizes that what he's doing is immoral and unethical and that nature is truly superior to man.

>Hammond is on his deathbed
And a piece of shit.

Gee I wonder who he has to blame for literally walking into the cradle of a T-Rex and it's baby

>T-Rex muching hunters into blood and crushing them to death with its feet

Mexicans lol

"Vince Vaughn doesn't get punished for being the hero that managed to get through a raptor infested welcome center and radio for the help that eventually saves everyone"
>>
>>87432005
>>T-Rex muching hunters into blood and crushing them to death with its feet

The bearded guy that gets snatched from the waterfall is a caricature of paleontologist Robert Bakker.

He was the rival of the series' dinosaur consultant Jack Horner, so Jack asked Spielberg to make Bakker look like a dumbass that didn't know what he was doing. Of course, the way he died ended up backfiring on Jack because one of their biggest arguments is over the whole "Is T. rex a Scavenger (Horner's position) or an active Hunter (Bakker's)" thing and when the movie came out, Bakker sent Horner a letter saying "I told you T. rex was a hunter!"
>>
File: 4908239048.jpg (45KB, 413x481px) Image search: [Google]
4908239048.jpg
45KB, 413x481px
>there are people in this very thread who think that T-Rex was in the cargo hold, woke up, escaped, killed the crew, was lured back into the cargo hold and then got trapped there
>>
>>87432763
it was supposed to be funny because you think the woman (who is at the beach) is screaming at goldblum because the next scene has him standing in front of a tropical backdrop
(ha ha ha)

but really though, there was another scene between the beach scene and the subway scene, which I REALLY wish they left in the movie, the boardroom scene. yeah its a bit dry but really nails home the first film, and shows that Ludlow is about to kick Hammond out of ingen
>>
>>87437531
can we all finally agree there were a pack of clever raptors that massacred the crew and left it to look like the T-rex while the pack all escapes on a life boat
>>
File: trex ship cage.png (989KB, 1396x719px) Image search: [Google]
trex ship cage.png
989KB, 1396x719px
>>87437848
Nah, it was the T-Rex. It was in the cage on the deck, woke up, escaped, killed the crew, got lured into the cargo hold and then got trapped there.
>>
>>87437842
This scene was incorrectly placed in the tv release, really it would go after the subway scene but before he goes to the house. This way it maintains the yawning goldblum
>>
>>87437531
yea dude we all read the imdb trivia section, like 20 years ago, so we know about the scrapped raptor sequence
>>
>>87432310
Jurassic Park was so fucking huge at the time they named a Canadian professional basketball team after it
>>
>>87438053
>severed hand on the wheel of the ship
>wheel located in the confined crew quarters
>implying T-rex chomped off the rest of the body

how
>>
>>87438256
ah interesting, thanks for clearing that up
>>
>>87434445
I never thought this was legit, just fan stuff
>>
>>87436489
In the boardrook scene they talk about how she lived but is in critical condition. She'll live, although not comfortably.
>>
>>87437848
Originally, there was gonna be a pack of Raptors loose in San Diego, too, but something went awry in the production process.
>>
>>87437531

I always thought it was the baby-Rex that killed them.
>>
>>87436489
>(as a result of newman spilling his shaving cream in the water suppler)
Did your parents never tell you about the birds and the bees, anon?
>>
>>87437531
I did as a kid and thought that the writers were retards, then I grew up and realized that it was just another case of TLW shitty editing.
>>
>>87434445
I'm down for them to bring back Chaos Effect and put these fuckers into production. It"s a retarded concept for a JP movie, but not for toys.
>>
>>87438431
It reached out with its hands
>>
>>87439576
The juvenile T-Rex was flown in
>>
>>87432950
>eating a desert
you what now?
>>
this movie is a fantastic example of how dangerous environmental activism can be even if it's done with good intentions

A lot of people die because an activist did some highly dangerous things to protect creatures which by all rights do not belong in any ecosystem by virtue of them being genetic abominations loosely based on animals that went extinct 100 million years ago
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.