[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly why was the CGI in this from 1993 so realistic? the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: real.jpg (80KB, 928x523px) Image search: [Google]
real.jpg
80KB, 928x523px
Honestly why was the CGI in this from 1993 so realistic? the dinosaurs actually looked like they were there.

I thought if i was to look back at this in 20 years it would look like shit, but compare this animation to CGI that came after to even today, and those modern CGI's look like pure garbage, even the BEST BIG BUDGET movies have shitty CGI in my opinon
>>
Because you're a nostalgic idiot. They look good, but far from what we have today.
>>
>>87430156
Cinema is over. Get over it. Nobody's concerned with making actual good shit anymore. It's neither necessary nor profitable anymore thanks to the dumbing down-lobby.
>>
File: proveme.jpg (106KB, 960x541px) Image search: [Google]
proveme.jpg
106KB, 960x541px
>>87430185
screen cap any movie of current years and visually prove me wrong dip shit

im not talking about CGI artistically, i mean realistically, shit that looks actually present

Also how am i nostolgic ? when i was born in 1998 and never saw this movie till 2012?
>>
>>87430156
because most of the shots were done with creative angles, lighting, etc to ensure they could look better, and then theres the fact that none of them had hair or cloth or anything else, the fact that none of us knows how dinosaurs SHOULD move so when they move funny we don't even realize it, and the fact that most of the shots of dinosaurs in the film were large props, not cgi at all.
>>
>>87430156
Because a lot of the shots were done at night, plus the CG was mixed with animatronics
>>
>>87430304
>plus the CG was mixed with animatronics

no.
>>
>>87430267
That more pic looks like a rubber toy.
>>
>>87430156
They had physical models to match. The rain and darkness also helps hide flaws.
>>
>>87430156
The raptors in the kitchen were pretty bad.

But for the rest, the CGI was used relatively sparingly, environment was used to make it look better (darkness, rain, lighting) and they still used real models.
>>
File: source1.gif (1024KB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
source1.gif
1024KB, 500x230px
I think movies like Jurassic Park are proof that cgi applied lazily is unconvincing; it takes component filmmakers to make it real, pic unrelated
>>
File: REALER THAN REAL LIFE.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
REALER THAN REAL LIFE.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>87430156
Because they knew their limitations. the bulk of the CGI T-Rex and raptor scenes take place in the dark, in shadow, in rain. The crudeness of early cgi could be hidden in these scenes. For instance artificially lighting the cgi models was hard to do for day time scenes, but for night time scenes where everything's dramatically lit from above by a large blue light, wet surfaces nearly completely white with blowouts, this was easier to render since that kind of lighting is purely cinematic to begin with - moonlight does not look like that in real life. Nor would there be much moonlight filtering through a tropical storm. It's all about "selling" the shot.
>>
>>87430185
Lol wat. That T rex is bite for bite better than any piece of cg that's come out since except maybe the aliens in District 9
>>
>>87430156
The cgi galamimus were garbage
>>
>how to use cgi
>accent real things

>how not to use cgi
>replace real things
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.