[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only guy on here who saw this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: Thevoid.jpg (62KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Thevoid.jpg
62KB, 720x1080px
>>
i liked it
>>
>>87425378
no there were multiple threads and this was talked about alot when it released.
>>
>>87425378
saw it. i liked it.
>>
it was fun. I was the only one in the group I saw it with that liked it though.
>>
>>87425396
I just saw it for the first time the other day, must have been off this board when it came out. I think it kinda showed too much and spelled everything out too much, but I still really liked it. Thoughts?
>>
Saw it. It was a shitty zombie movie for cunts who like practical gore effects. They put in five minutes worth of triangles and called it Lovecraftian. An insult to the intelligence.
>>
>>87425378
A decent attempt at recapturing some of that 80's grainy b-movie magic.

Not the best film ever, but not the worst way to spend 90 minutes either.
>>
File: 1473352341506.png (150KB, 310x320px) Image search: [Google]
1473352341506.png
150KB, 310x320px
>>87426509
>being a snob about the most oversaturated and least respectable genre of film

lol

do you expect a five star gourmet experience when you go to mcdonalds as well? fucking idiot
>>
I got what they were going for, but didn't enjoy it. It wasn't terrible though.
>>
File: 1501029808503-tv.jpg (43KB, 493x449px) Image search: [Google]
1501029808503-tv.jpg
43KB, 493x449px
>>87425378
No, I hated it. It's fucking reddit in movement. Muh eldritch, muh cosmic scale. Muh 80's.
>>
Was really looking forward to it and horribly let down. A few decent moments, like the monsters in the basement scene and all the triangle shit near the end, but jfc the editing in this has to be the worst I've ever seen in a movie that I've actually watched.
>>
Just saw it. Great practical effects. Reminded me of The Thing or Reanimator. Story was terrible tho. What happened to all the triangle disciples?
>>
>>87425378
It was shit. Watch Prince of Darkness instead
>>
>>87427532
>Prince of Darkness
Good, but not great.
>>
File: the void 2.png (633KB, 1600x678px) Image search: [Google]
the void 2.png
633KB, 1600x678px
>>87425378
Watched it for Ellen Wong as the cute nurse. Wasn't disappointed in that regard.
>>
Couldn't really appreciate the pratical effects because it was so goddamn dark the entire movie, I guess because they had a shoestring budget and couldn't make anything that looked good on inspection?

>>87427789
For sure best girl.
>>
>>87425378
I liked the concept of it and there were a couple of really cool scenes. I think overall it was a weak movie and I probably like it more than I should due to bias, but that being said I'd like to see these guys make a similar movie with a bigger budget and staff.
>>
>>87425378

ending was awful. it looked like director suddenly gave up and left and producers asked actors to just stand in front of greenscreen for several minutes and we'll just insert pyramid image for several images.
>>
>pure comsic dread
Were they talk about the movie itself or what it was about?
>>
I enjoyed it a lot. There were a couple things I didn't like - such as the doctor being a generic muscle boy at the end, or the demon being a fetus with recognizable body shape and noises. It made it seem like the forces beyond the void were actually comprehensible and able to be controlled, rather than unknowable, unfeeling horror.
>>
>>87428492

Yeah, it was pretty nonsensical and out of left field for what was up to that point a simple and traditional horror film.

What did it mean, exactly? That he and his wife escaped to another world? That they're both dead? That he traveled alone and the world he's in conjured an image of his dead wife? It feels like it's meant to bring closure or the final clue to his personal dilemma but it's not set up or explained in any way.
>>
>>87428708

i suspect movie was unfinished but producers decided to release it anyway with what footage they have.
>>
>>87425378

It had some severe flaws in pacing and story elements, but overall it was a pretty solid 70's/80's inspired horror movie with some great practical effects.
>>
>Am I the only one to discover this movie that's currently available on the Netflix menu for mass-normie consumption?
>>
>>87426572

I'm not the guy you responded to, so he's not taking the bait. But there's absolutely good horror and there's bad horror.

It's definitely not the highest form of art and film making, but it's arguably one of the oldest and has a long history in cinema.

This isn't one of them, but it's a step above some random netflix release.
>>
>>87427885

How do you think the 70's and 80's got away with practical effects? Strategic lighting was just as important as the animatronics.

Hell Alien is hailed as one the greatest horror movies with practical effects and it's almost pitch black.
>>
>>87428968
I don't have Netflix, wouldn't know. Feggit.
>>
It wasn't amazing, but I'm glad I watched it. Some fun practical effects.
>>
>>87429136

>I can't afford $8.99 a month for unlimited streaming on a substantial amount of content.
>>
>>87429274

netflix is $10 a month now, senpai
>>
File: farva.png (226KB, 499x348px) Image search: [Google]
farva.png
226KB, 499x348px
>>87429274
>wanting bugmen with clipboards to curate your kino experience
>>
No, lots of people saw it, it just wasn't worth talking about.

Also it was shilled mercilessly by paid marketers on this very board, often two threads a day, so by the time it actually came out the only thing left to talk about was the fact it was wildly mediocre and the sudden lack of Void threads.

Decent idea, not even half-baked execution, felt like a pilot to a TV series rather than a complete movie. Also derivative as fuck, might as well just watch John Carpenters Prince of Darkness instead.
>>
>>87426647

This. God this movie was painfully bland. I get that it was "paying homage" to "80's horror flicks," but that doesn't make it any less boring and dull.

The people that rave about it are literal redditors. I had to force myself to finish it because of how lame it was. Give me The Witch, It Follows, It Comes At Night, A Dark Song, hell give Babadook over this. They're all more interesting movies than "The Void."
>>
>>87428708
A substantial amount of the character development or interaction happens off-screen, or before the movie. The way it was made you only get hints of what is going on, and obvious explanations where absolutely necessary. It's kind of like if you stumbled onto the season finale of a TV show.

I think the ending is supposed to convey that he and anyone else killed by the monsters/associated with them is transported to this other world that is intimidating, but not necessarily malign. He and his wife seem to have reconciled when they turn to face the thing. I think its supposed to give the viewer the impression that they are in a place like Limbo, where it might seem foreboding, but its more just strange or superficially unsettling than painful.
>>
>>87425378
No, we watched it the first time it was shilled here. It was shit and there was nothing left to talk about.
>>
>>87427585
Better than the fucking void at least
>>
This movie had to fasted accelerating action from 0 to 100. One sec, they're all talking, literally 1.5 mins later, they are hacking a eldritch mound of flesh that is face fucking their friend.
>>
>>87425378
it was fucking awful, the only good part was the last 5 minutes. The plot is terribly paced, bloated, and terribly paced
>>
>>87426572
I bet you thought Blue Is The Warmest Color was actually good.
>>
>>87426509
t h i s
>>
>>87429546
>hating a movie because you randomly attach the descriptor of it being "reddit" to it

Imagine being this unironically cancerous.

This is why you have no friends, and this is why no girls find you attractive.
>>
No.

The poster is way too good for the film though.
Not a bad movie but felt like the narrative was too weird for enjoyment.
>>
>>87426572
Are you retarded?
>>
Give me the basic gestalt, is this actually worthwhile and somewhat original or is it purely a 80/90's throwback nostalgia wankfest? Because I'm burned out on the latter.
>>
It felt like a long video game cutscene
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.