[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mfw the it director is making vidyakino

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: bloghome_sotc_100713[1].jpg (192KB, 1108x682px) Image search: [Google]
bloghome_sotc_100713[1].jpg
192KB, 1108x682px
mfw the it director is making vidyakino
>>
nothing about SotC lends itself to a film adaptation
>>
>>87421848
You're literally retarded
>>
>>87421874
think about the experience of playing the game and then think about what the cinematic equivalent of that would be. 13 action scenes, separated each time only by travelogue scenes, with one human character on-screen for 90% of the time, and almost no spoken dialog. yeah i'm sure they'll do that.

you are the retard my man.
>>
>>87422200
Watch valhalla rising.
>>
>>87422200
A 6 hours movie about a silence protagonist travelling a vast but lonely field with his horse and occasionally having fights filmed not in an action blockbuster way, but artistic, sounds pretty great to me.
>>
File: 1462847452405.jpg (1MB, 2640x1101px) Image search: [Google]
1462847452405.jpg
1MB, 2640x1101px
>>87421848
This ,fucking love that game, and want a new extended version, but you can't make a movie of it.
>>
>>87423050
It sounds great to me too but normies won't pay to watch it
>>
>>87422727
The chances of them making it some kind of art movie with no dialogue and long takes like Valhalla is veeeery slim. Depends on who is producing/distributing but more than likely they'll Hollywood it up and turn it into an action movie love story
>>
>>87423050
Well maybe Sony Pictures will get Bela Tarr to come out of retirement and give him the $100+ budget this would require, but more likely the SotC movie, if it ever actually happens, will be warped into something unrecognizable in an attempt to make it as commercial as possible.
>>
I believe a good SotC film adaptation would be possible, but completly unfeasible.
> almost completly silent
> few bits of spoken dialogue in the same made-up language as the game
> filmed entirely on 70mm IMAX film stock
> slow plodding pace, long stretches of nothing but soaking in the barren, desolate land that shows hints of an ancient civilisation
> punctuated with epic scenes of killing Collussi

Basically a 100m+ quasi experimental art film. I could be incredible, but there's a 0% chance of it ever being greenlit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.