[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dare I say, best track record ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

>best part of LOTR trilogy
>best part of Hobbit prequels
>best part of the Ape films (they literally don't work well without him)
>will be best thing about nu-Star Wars
>best MCU cameo
>actually is a serious actor with great range for drama as well as comedy
>is also a competent director, producer, writer and helped revolutionize mocap technology.
If anyone deserves /ourguy/ status, it's him.
>>
>>87419154
>best MCU cameo
You couldn't tell me who his character was with a gun to your head.
>>
>>best part of LOTR trilogy
That's not true
>best part of the Hobbit prequels
Only because everything else was so awful. Also his entire scene was played far too light-hearted and the lighting was a travesty
>>
>>87419221
Yes? I could? Do you not have the ability to recognize faces or something?
>>
He's not even an actor stop sucking his dick so hard. Give credit to the guys on the computers who actually have to draw a convincing performance.
>>
>>87419261
>an Oscar-award winning, completely CGI character that had more depth and character development than most of the Fellowship
>not the most iconic thing to come out of the trilogy
>>
>>87419272
>reading comprehension
Don't play dumb anon, you're far too good at it.
>>
>>87419311
>He's not even an actor
But he is.
>>
>>87419315
>you couldn't tell me who his character was with a gun to your head.
>>
>>87419261
>Also his entire scene was played far too light-hearted
Because that's The Hobbit, you fucking retard...
>>
>>87419154
What the fuck? The Two Towers and Return of the King weren't good movies. The only good part was the battle of Helm's Deep.
>>
File: Ugluk.jpg (49KB, 265x193px) Image search: [Google]
Ugluk.jpg
49KB, 265x193px
>>87419854
>The Two Towers and Return of the King weren't good movies
Kek, put some energy into bait.
>>
>>87419927
There is no bait you memester. They're bad movies and it's funny that the only good movie of the trilogy didn't really have Serkis in it.
>>
>>87420000
Here's my last (you), you and I both know you are objectively wrong.
>>
>>87419154
>he has never heard of John Cazale
Look at this millennial. Look at this millennial and laugh.
>>
>>87420094
I'm on a television and film board and you think I've never seen the Godfather films?
>>
He also played Vincent Van Gogh in this
https://youtu.be/iuYvp50K_aY
>>
But the best movie is Fellowship and he's only in it for like 30 seconds
>>
>>87419543
The scene is still supposed to be creepy, you fucking retard.
>>
>>87421967
>it can't be creepy and also light-hearted
Again, this is a children's book about a goofy adventure anon. The riddles in the dark scene was never supposed to be terribly creepy.
>>
>>87421967
>everyone with differing opinions is retarded.
>>
>>87419315
You have no idea who he played on generic MCU movie #7.
>>
>>87422157
>children's books can't be creepy
When did this meme start? You should try reading the book anon
>>
>>87422388
We are talking about The Hobbit, you stupid kid. Hobbit isn't grimdark or creepy.
>>
>>87422466
Again, read the book; specifically the chapter in question. It is quite clearly supposed to be creepy
>grimdark
No one said this
>>
>>87422535
>It is quite clearly supposed to be creep
Except it's not, you illiterate faggot.

Mysterious, mischievous, inquisitive, riddling, a bit comical, plot heavy a little, character informative, story moving...sure.

Thematically "creepy"? No.
>>
>>87422280
Why are you assuming this?
>>
>>87422603
>Thematically "creepy"
Tonally. "Creepy" isn't a theme, you illiterate faggot.
>>
>>87422686
Are you actually trying to argue that "creepy" can't be thematic? Please...stop posting.
>>
>>87422740
Yes, I'm saying creepy is an adjective describing tone, not a theme.
>>
>>87422603
Read the book anon
>>
>>87422814
>a specific and distinctive quality, characteristic, or concern

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/theme

"Creepy" can literally be a type of theme you fucking dumb faggot.
>>
>>87422868
Why don't you? Stop posting already, you are embarrassing.
>>
>>87419154
But that's not literally any of the fellowship except Orlando Bloom
>>
>>87422911
I have read it. You should too
>>
>>87422603
>plot heavy
>story moving
But it's neither of these things. The entire chapter is an aside
>>
>>87422927
Fellowship may have been the best entry, but the best "thing" that the movie got away with doing, is humanizing a completely CGI character back before CGI characters were taken seriously.
>>
>>87422982
Gollum was in Fellowship for about 20 seconds and no that's definitely not the best thing the movies did.
>>
>>87422981
>riddles in the dark scene was not story moving
Are you baiting me now? It is the single most important scene in the goddamn book...it's literally how he tricked Gollum and took the One Ring. You people are infuriating.
>>
>>87423025
We can disagree, faggot. You can have your opinions. More awards went to the CGI and production department than the picture itself, but alright.
>>
>>87423033
The ring is of absolutely no import for the entirety of the Hobbit and has literally no effect on the plot. It was literally just a random magic ring until Tolkien wrote LOTR. If we're talking about the Hobbit as a story here, riddles in the dark is arguably the least important chapter in the entire book.
>>
>>87422981
>not plot heavy
-you see Gollum for the first time
-you see Bilbo trick Gollum that makes him salty for the next 50 years
-you see Bilbo take the ring, the single most powerful weapon in Middle Earth
-you get a sense for Gollum's life and how it hints at larger events of the world
>>
>>87423162
See>>87423127
We're talking about The Hobbit, not LOTR
>>
>>87423127
>The ring is of absolutely no import for the entirety of the Hobbit
Holy shit, are you pretending to be this mind-numbingly dumb?
>and has literally no effect on the plot.
He literally uses it constantly for the remainder of the book...it's how he tricked Smaug.
>it was literally just a random magic ring until Tolkien wrote LOTR.
Tolkien was writing LOTR alongside The Hobbit. The Hobbit just took less time. He had been working on his mythos for a decade.
>If we're talking about the Hobbit as a story here, riddles in the dark is arguably the least important chapter in the entire book.
WITHOUT THE RING, HE DOESN'T SNEAK INTO SMAUG'S LAIR, HE DOESN'T FREE THE DWARVES FROM THE WOODLAND REALM, HE DOESN'T SNEAK AROUND DURING THE BATTLE FUCKING CHRIST GO KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>87423183
So fucking what? The Hobbit is a light companion, side story to the larger mythos that is literally important to the scope of Tolkien's larger work.

Am I being baited?
>>
>>87419314
>more depth and character development
he found a ring and it corrupted him. there was absolutely no character development beyond that point. golum is as one-dimensional as it gets. the actor was great though
>>
>>87423530
>"golum" is as one-dimensional as it gets
He literally wasn't. Are you trying to make a meme?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.