[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

historical dramas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

Why have we never got a comfy medieval drama ala Rome? Imagine the kino possible.

Also general historical drama thread I guess. Post recommendations and shit. Resurrection Erturgrul is mad and Turkish but is set in Late Middle Ages and can be a decent watch.
>>
File: caocao.jpg (70KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
caocao.jpg
70KB, 1920x1080px
>Heh...
>>
>>87418456
Obligatory Kingdom of Heaven post.
>>
>>87419425

kingdom of heaven is shit
>>
>>87419482
Yes it is but he asked for a recommendation and I gave him one.
>>
File: horsemen of death.jpg (422KB, 1280x915px) Image search: [Google]
horsemen of death.jpg
422KB, 1280x915px
>>87419482
>he didnt see the directors cut
>>
>>87418456
Vikings is the only one I can think of now, it's like Rome, but don't expect accuracy. Really fun though.
>>
File: the name of the rose.jpg (415KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the name of the rose.jpg
415KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>87419482
what is jerusalem worth anon
>>
>>87418456
Pillars of the Earth?
>>
The Tudors
Vikings
Versailles
The Last Kingdom
Borgia
The Borgias (Borgia is better, but if you can't watch it, watch this instead)
Spartacus
Da Vinci's Demons
Medici: Masters of Florence
Marco Polo

These range from good to watchable, not really historically accurate.
>>
File: sweating gif.gif (531KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
sweating gif.gif
531KB, 200x200px
>>87419771
>tfw 15
>watching this on history class
>that sex scene
>>
File: 412415216.jpg (334KB, 1006x394px) Image search: [Google]
412415216.jpg
334KB, 1006x394px
I wish we could get a Historical Miniseries based off this book, it'd get SJW points for being sourced from a Muslim but it'd also be entertaining:

>As I was passing in the market place, a Frankish woman all of a sudden hung to my clothes and began to mutter words in their language, and I could not understand what she was saying. This made me immediately the center of a big crowd of Franks. I was convinced that death was at hand. But all of a sudden that same knight approached. On seeing me, he came and said to that woman, "What is the matter between you and this Muslim?" She replied, "This is he who has killed my brother Hurso." This Hurso was a knight in Afiimiyah who was killed by someone of the army of Hamah. The Christian knight shouted at her, saying, "This is a bourgeois (i.e., a merchant) who neither fights nor attends a fight." He also yelled at the people who had assembled, and they all dispersed. Then he took me by the hand and went away. Thus the effect of that meal was my deliverance from certain death.
>>
>>87419943
Sounds comfy, might just read it if I can find it as a ebook, or order it later. Thanks, was looking for something to read just now.
>>
>>87418456
Anything similar to Game of Thrones' first 3 seasons? I mean I really like watching Houses fight over land. Anything like that?
>>
File: wolf-hall-rylance.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wolf-hall-rylance.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>87418456
durr comfiest shit. thin its on netflix too
>>
>tfw you want to watch the hollow crown but you're too stupid to understand what anyone is saying
>>
File: 15870570867.jpg (98KB, 1047x720px) Image search: [Google]
15870570867.jpg
98KB, 1047x720px
>>87419943
There's another account somewhere of a Templar trying to correct a Muslim who he thought was praying in the wrong direction.

Which makes their depicition in Kingdom of Heaven as Islamic State: Christian Edition all the more irritating. Hopefully Knightfall gives them a slightly fairer showing but I doubt it. Guess it doesn't really fit the modern narrative of the Crusades being some genocidal campaign that decimated the Islamic world at the height of it's golden age, which seems popular with both the political left and right in the West, as well as various groups in Islamic nations.
>>
>>87420626
I'd definately recommend sticking with it, Shakespeare is actually surprisingly easy to follow, at least broadly, once you get your ear accustomed to it, and the actors give you cues to what is happening. Really, not fully following the words is part of the appeal in some ways, it makes you focus on the actor's body language, expressions and the emotion of their speech rather than it's context.
>>
File: 1495965790467.jpg (67KB, 600x323px) Image search: [Google]
1495965790467.jpg
67KB, 600x323px
>>87418456
Not a drama series, but the movie Alatriste is really good.
>>
>>87421712
hi /twg/
>>
>>87421712
Is that based viggo
>>
>>87422108
yep
>>
>>87419851
please don't just regurgitate the contents of your skull without reading the op
>>
>>87419771
Seconded. It's a real treat to see Connery acting and not just going through the motions.

>>87419904
It's amazing how hot that sex scene is.
>>
There is a good Ivanhoe miniseries that got made by A&E.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.