[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly made this film so good? Was it peak 2014 kino?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: grand-budapest-hotel.png (2MB, 1352x1034px) Image search: [Google]
grand-budapest-hotel.png
2MB, 1352x1034px
What exactly made this film so good? Was it peak 2014 kino?
>>
Your lack of taste
>>
>>87413817
THIS! Not enough explosions desu
>>
Kino patrician here. It was a little too wes for me. His best are royal tennebaums and fantastic mr fox. Life aquatic is okay
>>
>>87413900

One of the greatest things about Wes Anderson is that you can ask 10 different people to rank his films and you'll get 10 completely different answers, and I've seen every single film of his mentioned as someone's top choice (yes, even Bottle Rocket, which is a criminally underrated film).
>>
>>87413785
trailer was a literal synopsis in 60 seconds, completely ruined it
>>
I love Wes's use of miniatures because they remind me of my dick
>>
>>87413900
Change Fantastic Mr. Fox to Bottle Rocket and change okay to great and I agree with you.
>>
>>87413936
Bottle Rocket is his best in my opinion.
>>
File: rough-year.png (366KB, 598x256px) Image search: [Google]
rough-year.png
366KB, 598x256px
>I've had a rough year, Dad.

THE FEELS
>>
i never watched this
should I just for sersha?
>>
What an awful fucking film
>>
>>87416200
watch it for the kino editing, the changing ratios and gorgeous kodak film stock.
>>
>>87413900 is right, royal tenenbaums is his best movie

Grand Budapest is pretty good, I like it second-most due to my interest in the settings
>>
Rushmore top Wes kino prove me right
>>
>>87413974
You described 90% of all trailers. It's the journey, not the destination, chump.
>>
>>87413785
It was nothing special.
The Life Aquatic > Moonrise Kingdom > Fantastic Mr. Fox > The Darjeeling Limited > Bottle Rocket >The Royal Tenenbaums > Rushmore > The Grand Budapest Hotel
If you don't agree you have shit taste.
>>
>>87416424
trailers used to be pretty good. trailers being a summary of the movie is a recent practice.
>>
>>87416457
This is correct if you flip it

you fucking plebeian
>>
>>87413785
>What exactly made this film so good?
The Allstar cast, fantastic acting, good humor, excellent writing and good camera work.
>>
https://youtu.be/GO5P3fLTwA0
>>
>>87413785
Not even the best of the year.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.