[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At least we can agree he was a huge hack, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: nigger.jpg (119KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
nigger.jpg
119KB, 1200x1200px
At least we can agree he was a huge hack, right?
>>
never
>>
Nope
>>
>>87407749
Undoubtedly the most overrated director of all time. Every film he made was slow and boring. Age is no excuse, because there are fast paced and exciting films from as far back as the 1920s.
>>
>>87407749
People dont appreciate convention without historical contextualization.

The basics of some film language or norms are taken for granted today because they were invented innovated or perfected by their predecessors. Hitchcock included.

I wasnt amazed by Rear View, but it was pretty good.
>>
Rewatched Vertigo a while ago. You're wrong, OP.
>>
>>87408039
>being this pleb
just say it next time
>>
Vertigo is amazing. Really surprised me by how good it was.
>>
>>87408039
reported underage b&
>>
>>87407749
He is
His plots are illogical and convoluted, created just to create suspense in the scene
A great director, but the definition of a hack. He sacrifices coherence and character development for the sake of the moment.
>>
>>87407749
Watched rope a week ago.
No
Kill yourself
>>
I'm amused by critics giving The Birds good reviews. It's Snakes on a Plane/Sharknado-tier trash, but it's by a "serious" director so they pretend it's not. Drunk seagulls look ridiculous, and birds never signed the Geneva Conventions so we could just use chemical weapons on them.
>>
Who /39 Steps/ here? It's amazing how he can make suspense so comfy
>>
>>87409114
i agree. rear window is pretty shitty also. psycho is KINO.
>>
File: 14-tippi-hedren-blue.jpg (47KB, 650x425px) Image search: [Google]
14-tippi-hedren-blue.jpg
47KB, 650x425px
>>87409114
yeah Birds is Hitchcock at his most appealing to just give entertainment but it had some very good shots desu
also any film with Tippi becomes a 10/10
>>
>>87409943
If you think Rear Window is shit, then you in turn, are shit.
>>
>Implying the man that directed North by Northwest is a hack.
You're a hack, pal.
>>
>>87410106
guy looks out the window: the movie. it has its merits definitely but its overrated and mediocre.
>>
>>87410778
>ignoring visual storytelling
>ignoring Grace Kelly perfection
>ignoring set design
why dont you just fuck off
>>
Here's what our guy Orson Welles thinks of him

>"I've never understood the cult of Hitchcock. Particularly the late American movies … Egotism and laziness. And they're all lit like television shows … I saw one of the worst movies I've ever seen the other night [Rear Window] … Complete insensitivity to what a story about voyeurism could be. I'll tell you what is astonishing. To discover that Jimmy Stewart can be a bad actor … Even Grace Kelly is better than Jimmy, who's overacting."
>>
>>87410106
It spends the whole movie hinting that there's going to be some clever twist, and then it just ends with everything happening in the most straightforward way possible. 100% boring crap.
>>
>>87410896
>reee no gimmick this time must be shit
>>
File: Orson Welles on DW Griffith.png (48KB, 913x330px) Image search: [Google]
Orson Welles on DW Griffith.png
48KB, 913x330px
>>87410858
As usual, he's right. Even called out the hack that Godard is. He knows who's better than him. Capra, Vidor, Ford, Griffith
>>
>>87410815
i didn't ignore those things, strawman
>spotty pacing
>jimmy stuart being obnoxious
>""""""suspense""""""
>>
>the griffith autist has arrived
im off
>>
>German Concentration Camps Factual Survey
2014 ‧ Historical Documentary/Documentary ‧ 1h 28m
Did you like this movie?
Cameramen from Britain's Army Film Unit capture footage of concentration camps in Germany in 1945.
Initial release: February 9, 2014
Directors: Alfred Hitchcock, Sidney Bernstein, Baron Bernstein

fucking top yourself nazi scum
>>
He has his bad movies like Topaz or the wrong man, but generally be made great films.
I don't really enjoy his spy/cold war movies as much as his thrillers.
One little thing that has impressed me a lot:
Rope was supposed to be a one long shot film, but he was limited by that time's technology. Even though he had this in mind to create the building up atmosphere that suited the scripted he would recognise the importance of good montage so there are few scenes were the camera cuts to someone's face to build up even more suspense. The guy knew how to use the medium.
I wanna watch the Truffaut & Hitchcock documentary really bad...
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.