[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GoT: Rhaegar and Lyanna and plot hole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 6

File: Lyanna And Rhaegar.png (708KB, 537x532px) Image search: [Google]
Lyanna And Rhaegar.png
708KB, 537x532px
Alright so if I understand correctly: King Robert was meant to marry Ned Stark's sister Lyanna but as Season 1 events portray: Lyanna was kidnapped by Rhaegar and raped.

This led King Robert to begin a war between the Targs and to kill Rhaegar. Little did he know Lyanna secretly wed Rhaegar and she was not raped. Ned found her dying by a bedside and he told her to look after her son she had with Rhaegar.

BUT: Why would Lyanna betray King Robert by secretly wedding Rhaegar and if it was some forbidden love thing; why did she allow Rhaegar to be killed by Robert without telling anyone the truth?

Now I forgot now how Ned found Lyanna by a bed dying if someone can please refresh the events that were in Season 6.

Lyanna anyway would have known that the Baratheons and Starks would have gone to war when they found out she had wed Rhaegar anyway because she betrayed her own people.

Now I do not know all the events of the history between these 3 Houses before the events of their marriage so I am not sure if the Targs got along well with the Baratheons and Starks but I suppose they did not.
>>
she dumb

she literally would have known that the mad king killed her father and brother
>>
>>87400765
She was a dumb boar whoar, she wasn't thinking. She just wanted the BDC.
And you're forgetting that the Mad King executed Ned's father and eldest brother because they protested against the assumed kidnapping.
>>
>>87400803
>she literally would have known that the mad king killed her father and brother
what you mean
>>
She was a dumb slut.

BUT the war wasnt for Lyanna's cunt. The war actually started when the Mad King asked for the heads of Ned Stark and Robert Baratheon after executing Ned's brother and father

And that was only the casus belli. The war would've happened anyway cause Aerys was a psycopath and noone could stand him.
>>
>>87400894
>And you're forgetting that the Mad King executed Ned's father and eldest brother because they protested against the assumed kidnapping.
yeah I forgot that. Cheers
>>
>>87400940
Reminder that the war was supposed to be between Rhaegar and Aerys, for they hated each other
>>
>>87400765
She loved him, but Rhaegar did actually kidnapped her. She would never have stayed with him otherwise because she knew the consequences her actions would entail. Rhaegar didn't care though, and forced her to be with him. She never got a chance to tell anyone the truth because Rhaegar kept her under guard constantly.
>>
THE TRUE QUESTION IS IF THERE REALLY WAS A NEED TO HAVE THEM MARRY EACH OTHER! WAS THAT REALLY ESSENTIAL!?
>>
>>87401078
Yes because otherwise Jon would still be a bastard and not the rightful heir to the throne.
>>
>>87401078
It was essential to have Jon win the game of thrones
>>
>>87401000
what?
>>
>>87401186
Remember that Tourney at Harrenhall where Rhaegar crowmed Lyanna as his Queen? Well, ot was supposed to be a meeting of Lords to remove Aerys from power and put Rhaegar as king, but Varys ratted on Rhaegar and told everything to Aerys, who went to the tourney
>>
>>87401000

Rhaegar didn't hate his father, but he resented his violent ways and was fully aware that his sanity was fading with age, he wanted to wait for his father to die to rule cause he though he was the Prince that was Promised, when he realised that he wasn't he then started thinking that one of his children should be the prince of prophecy, but later he came to the conclusion that he needed to fuck Lyanna and that their child was the PtwP.
>>
File: 1503503735493.jpg (201KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
1503503735493.jpg
201KB, 700x466px
TARG FUCKING SHITS
>>
>>87400765
>if the Targs got along well with the Baratheon
Bobby's father was best buds with the Mad king and his unexpected death due to shipwreck was one of the reasons he became mad
>>
That's not a plot hole
>>
Modern day Isaac Hempstead Wright
>>
>>87400923
He means she literally would have known that the mad king killed her father and brother.
How fuckin daft can you be?
>>
>>87400765

I expected Rhaegar to look way better and more "special" than that.
>>
>>87401322
VARYS THE SPIIIIDDUUUUUUHHHH
>>
>>87400765
What happened to the costume department for this show?
>>
File: 1504205356472.jpg (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1504205356472.jpg
99KB, 500x500px
>>87401395
NICE HAMMER, BOY

YOU MAKE A FATHER PROUD
>>
File: 1503413814383.jpg (384KB, 902x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503413814383.jpg
384KB, 902x720px
>>87402099
DUBS FATHA I Will AVENGE YOU
>>
File: 1504203820728.jpg (390KB, 800x755px) Image search: [Google]
1504203820728.jpg
390KB, 800x755px
>>87402141
YOU'VE GROWN TALL, BOY. I EXPECTED NOTHING LESS FROM YOU
>>
The mad king killed Neds brother and father among shit loads of other things. The war would have happened regardless of Lyanna and Rhaegar, which is why I think they kept their love secret. It was a Romeo and Juliet type scenario.
>>
>>87401395
GODS MY SON IS STRONG. NOW.
>>
>>87400765
>BUT: Why would Lyanna betray King Robert by secretly wedding Rhaegar and if it was some forbidden love thing; why did she allow Rhaegar to be killed by Robert without telling anyone the truth?
I think the implication is even though Robert loved her, she didn't love him back and eloped with Rhaegar to get away from a marriage she almost assuredly had zero control over, because marriage was mostly arranged for political alliances and not for love.

>Lyanna anyway would have known that the Baratheons and Starks would have gone to war when they found out she had wed Rhaegar anyway because she betrayed her own people.

The war didn't start because Rhaegar "kidnapped" Lyanna, it started because the Mad King killed Ned's father and older brother when they went to King's Landing to complain about it and then ordered John Arryn to execute Ned and Robert because he's a paranoid nutcase.
>>
I actually wish these 2 hadn't died so they'd realize the full scope of how much they fucked up.

Lyanna could never return to the North because her countrymen would view her as a Targ slut that caused Northmen (including her father and brother) to be killed needlessly.

Robert would never forgive Rhaegar AND Lyanna for making him look foolish as a cuck. So he'd probably breakaway from the Iron Throne. It's very possible Ned's relationship with Robert might go to shit because of this.

Dorne would also secede because Rhaegar annulled his marriage with Elia Martell, thus his 2 kids with her are also removed from the line of succession. Good luck trying to incorporate Dorne without a marriage alliance because even Aegon the Conqueror and his dragons couldn't do it. Nor did Daeron and his invasion.

Even if they managed to depose Aerys peacefully, Rhaegar inherited an unstable realm with 2 or more kingdoms breaking away. How's he going to reincorporate them?
>>
>>87400765
>Why would Lyanna betray King Robert by secretly wedding Rhaegar
Because she's a fucking woman. She thinks with her cunt, not her brain. Granted Rhaegar and Bobby aren't exactly shining beacons of brilliance either. Or anyone involved with this shit really.
>why did she allow Rhaegar to be killed by Robert without telling anyone the truth
Rhaegar was already married, and Lyanna was betrothed to Robert. No one on any side of this debacle would have allowed it to happen.

I imagine that the original concoction of Lyanna's malformed uterine brain was something along the lines of "teehee, I'll just run away with Rhaegar and marry him in secret, then we'll come back and tell everyone, and it will be too late to do anything about it". Of course, being a stupid cunt, she didn't foresee any sort of consequences to her actions. Her father and brother were killed as a result of her juvenile behavior and poor decision making, and at that stage, war was unavoidable.
>>
>>87403681
I wonder if she and Rhaegar found out that Lord Rickard and Brandon were brutally executed? Because if they did, it makes Bobby hammer-timing Rhaegar in the chest all the more satisfying.

Rhaegar was a fucking moron and probably insane with the Targ madness. He got what he deserved. A real man doesn't abandon his wife and kids. What happened in the end? Elia got brutally raped and murdered while her kids became a bloody mess that even Robert couldn't bear to look at. Real fucking good job there.

As for Lyanna, I hope in the books that there's a twist like she went with Rhaegar willingly, but had second thoughts and he refused to let her go because of MUH THIRD DRAGON HEAD. She eventually developed Stockholm Syndrome and was content with being Rhaegar's breeding machine.
>>
>>87403198
As long as they have Darkstar, Dorne will never lose its independence
>>
women always ruin everything
>>
>>87403818
when Rhaegar spoke to Jaime before riding out to the trident he didnt give the impression of knowing that hes fucked up or acknowledging that Robert and the rebels were in the right
>>
she developed Stockholm syndrome - it was still rape.
>>
Rewatched season 1 and started season 2.

Cersei was so fucking beautiful
>>
>>87405168
That makes Lyanna even more of a dumb cunt because Rhaegar was out to kill more Northmen in battle and potentially Ned too.
>>
>>87405440
He said something along the lines of
"When this battle is done, I mean to call a council. Changes will be made. I meant to do it long ago but... Well it does no good to speak of roads not taken. We shall talk when we return."
>>
>>87400765
>BUT: Why would Lyanna betray King Robert by secretly wedding Rhaegar and if it was some forbidden love thing; why did she allow Rhaegar to be killed by Robert without telling anyone the truth?
>Now I forgot now how Ned found Lyanna by a bed dying if someone can please refresh the events that were in Season 6.

When Lyanna went missing the Starks assumed the worst and went to Kings landing. The Mad king tortured them to death father and first born son. He hung the son above a fire by a chain attached to the fathers neck so he strangled himself to keep his son alive for a bit killing them both in the end.

At that point the war was on Lyanna had no way to stop it then.
>>
>>87400765

Also all indications are that the entire kingdom was preparing to force a leader change. Evidence is the string of marriages between the great houses shortly before shit went down. Everything looked like Aerys would be retired somewhere and his son would take the throne.
>>
>>87400765
>why did she allow Rhaegar to be killed by Robert without telling anyone the truth?
bitches are crazy anon sama
>>
>>87400765

>looking into this much

ice nigger rides zombie dragon and destroys magic wall, everything else is incest and BOOOOARRRRR
>>
>>87400765

Also a flash back in the books point out Lyanna had no faith in Robert as a husband. She knew he already had a bastard and told Ned Robert would never be true.
>>
>>87406056
>Also a flash back in the books point out Lyanna had no faith in Robert as a husband. She knew he already had a bastard and told Ned Robert would never be true.
"Ned.. Robert is alright and everything, but he has a bastard daughter. That's not something I can accept."
Also Lyanna:
"YES RHAEGAR DISOWN YOUR REAL FAMILY RUN AWAY WITH ME LET'S RUIN WESTEROS FOR GENERATIONS TO COME!"
>>
>>87406244
>YES RHAEGAR DISOWN YOUR REAL FAMILY RUN AWAY WITH ME LET'S RUIN WESTEROS FOR GENERATIONS TO COME!
they didn't know at the time, and daddy stark + big brother were still alive at that moment

Also, you're forgetting they were living their fairy tales love + rhaegar thought he had everything under control

In the books is stablshed that he had the support of all (or atleast most) of the big allies of house targaryen, so the plan was, take control of iron throne (no-one would complain about the mad king being kicked out) and then deal with the anger of a lonley robert "hammer dick" baratheon

But of course everything went shit when the mad king did mad shit, and rhaegar was forced to join forces with him
>>
>>87403681
Jesus, cool it down on the sexism buddy. We got the message the first time.
>>
>>87400765
>This led King Robert to begin a war between the Targs and to kill Rhaegar.
Incorrect. Ned Starks father and brother both went to Kings Landing in order to find out where Lyanna went but instead were murdered by the Mad king. Thats when the war officially began.
>>
>>87406244
>a literal magic blooded prince who is arguably one of the most attractive human beings I will ever witness in my life, tells me that I am essential to a world saving prophecy.
>>
>>87401144

>Yes because otherwise Jon would still be a bastard and not the rightful heir to the throne.

But Jon isn't the rightful heir. The Targaryens were usurped and the Seven Kingdoms recognised Robert has the new King - how the fuck does him being legitimised change that?

There is literally no historian who would argue that James Francis Edward was the 'rightful heir' to the English crown after his dad was disposed of.
>>
>>87400765
It really is all her fault.

>Her dad died
>Her oldest brother died
>The war kicked off
>Her husband died
>Her father in law died
>Her adopted children/whatever died
>She died
>Later Ned died
>Second war started
>Her sister in law and nephew died
>Her niece was raped (and watched NY her nephew who thought it was beutiful)

All because the dumb cut couldn't just say hey dad, I love this man and want to marry him.
>>
>>87407904
What is a Bonapartist and a Bourbonist.
>>
>>87400765
This isn't a plot hole, it's just a plot detail or plot point that isn't fully addressed yet. GoT is essentially a soap opera and people have to tune in to hear the full story, they don't want to give it all away.

The real plot hole is that if Rhaegar annulled his marriage to Elia like the asshole that he was it would have rendered Elia and her (now, bastard) children useless. There was no reason to murder them because they couldn't really inherit anything anyway. I'm guessing the show will either gloss that over or make it to be a secret, but you can't really keep an annulment and marriage secret, people had to have known.
>>
>>87407904
Robert was never as popular as he thought and his new "dynasty" was never going to last...hence the War of Five Kings. Robert was a ticking clock for the other Houses to prep for civil war, which is literally what half of them did. I wouldn't be surprised if a Targ sits the throne again in the books, I doubt after both the War of Five Kings and dealing with the undead that anyone would really argue. The only two families that had any recent bad blood with Targs were Starks and Baratheon cucks.
>>
>>87408087
>There was no reason to murder them because they couldn't really inherit anything anyway.
Robert didn't know about the annulment.
>>
>>87408145
Yes, but Robert wasn't really the one who ordered their execution. Aerys should have known (though you could make the argument he kept them all as hostages, but how would Dorne not know?), along with Rhaegar and more importantly the Lannisters. Especially by the time they got to KL.
>>
>>87408193
The only other people who could hsve possibly known were killed at the Tower of Joy, anon.
>>
>>87408093

Oh I agree. I'm saying that all this talk of 'rightful' is irrelevant. It's been established that if anyone wants power, they can just take it for themselves, so why even get hung up on such details?
>>
>>87408225
An annulment from Elia would have had pretty big political and practical considerations, namely that Rhaegar would have likely sent her back to Dorne. Plus, there was the septon and whatever witnesses saw the marriage, at the very least, and by the time the ball got rolling a lot of important people should have had some idea of what Rhaegar and Lyanna did since it was official, but nobody ever seems to have brought it up, ever (by that I reiterate the people who should have had some idea of it, like the KG, Aerys, the Lannisters, at least the high septon, etc). So again, why bother killing some nobody and her two bastards? There was no reason.
>>
>>87400765
Because Lyanna is a shank ass ho and wanted the D
>>
File: image.png (37KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
37KB, 657x527px
>>87400765
Lyanna a cute! CUTE!
>>
>>87408343
Rhaegar is an asshole. He annulled his marriage in secret, probably didn't even tell his wife. In the books he probably didn't annul but just practiced the ancient targ practice of polygamy but Dabid are too retarded to put that in since it makes more sense.
>>
>>87400765
That's a big hole
>>
Why didn't Bran just warm into Lyanna and stopped this bullshit?
>>
>>87408343
You seem to miss the canonical part of "nobody knew".
>>
>>87408673
It defeats the purpose of both an annulment and a marriage if "nobody knows" and it is actually impossible since both require a religious figure (at the very least one) to participate, along with witnesses.

>>87408661
He probably warged into her to start it.
>>
>>87401322
>Varys ratted on Rhaegar and told everything to Aerys
heh he certainly cares for the realm doesn't he
who better to be king than a paranoid schizophrenic who regularly rapes and beats his wife and has a sexual fetish to watching people burn alife

what could possibly go wrong???
>>
>>87400765
This is why I think D&D fucked the Dorne plot line. Doran wanted to avenge Elia and put another Targ on the throne but the Targs fucked themselves over for some wolf pussy.
>>
>>87408760
>you can't havr a secret annulment unless you tell everyone
Are you autistic?
>>
>>87402230
is that Hot Pie?
>>
>>87408760
The septon is probably dead. The witness is probably one of the Kingsguard who was at the Tower of Joy...also dead.
>>
>>87408661
Because he can't change the past, only cause what already happened to happen.

Like if he warged into Lyanna, he might wind up doing it while she and Rhaegar are fucking, Lyanna spazzes out, pussy tightens up, makes Rhaegar ejaculate early, sending the right sperm at the right time to get her pregnant with Jon
>>
>>87408800
He might have wanted Aerys to have something real to grasp on to so he could go crazy, further destabilize the kingdom, and be gotten rid of. I doubt Varys really gave a shit if some random lords got burned alive if it furthered his plans.
>>
>>87408093
>The only two families that had any recent bad blood with Targs were Starks and Baratheon cucks.
Are you forgetting the Lannisters?
>>
>>87408800
He doesn't give a shit about the stability of the realm. He kills Kevan Lannister in the books so Cersei can continue to rule. His entire plan in the books is similar to LFs, is basically have the realm in chaos so he can put Fake Aegon on the throne.
>>
>>87408760
Dude, nobody knew Rhaegar got an annulment and married Lyanna.
>>
>>87401672
And how would she have known that?
>>
>>87403198
Rheagar wasn't in love. He was obsessed with fulfilling the his interpretation of the song of ice and fire.

In his mind he need a child with a Stark(ice) to give the world the savior.
>>
>>87403681
Dude she was a little girl by today's standarts. Give her some slack.
>>
>>87407739
This.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.