[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stanley Kubrick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: post_00834408.jpg (94KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
post_00834408.jpg
94KB, 666x1000px
Overrated? Underrated? Discuss.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1280x720px
He made one of my favourite films of all time.
>>
>>87381989
Human kino
>>
>>87383220
Fucking this, I love this movie. Way better than the overrated Lawrence of Arabia.
>>
>>87381989
Overrated also hack.
>>
he was pretty good
>>
He deserves the reputation he has, I really don't understand the flood of contrarians around here trying to deny it.
>>
2001 is objectively a top ten of all time contender
>>
Which movie of his did he think was the best?
>>
>>87383538
>can't enjoy a film without trashing another
You are a pleb regardless of your taste.
>>
His success was almost entirely because he treated actors like the vermin they are.
>>
>>87381989
Pink Floyd of cinema. Amazing blend of artistry and appeal. Only hated by contrarians trying to bury their mania phase.
>>
>>87383220
he disawowed that film.
>>
>>87387633
proofs?
>>
>>87381989
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6S_n8CQBpRs

Room 247

Watch this and see how Kubrick used every inch and every second to tell multiple stories.

That guy was the producer artist most try to be
>>
>>87381989
Overrated among normies, underrated among connoisseurs
>>
>>87385171
Eyes wide shut, I have yet to see a single movie like it
>>
>>87384637
Agreed. Actually a masterpiece.
>>
>>87388305
I feel like a lot of those theories are just people solving for x with an incomplete equation. It's literally ambiguous, so people having different theories is sort of the point, but there is a lot of projection going on where people fill in the blanks and then attribute it to him leaving intentional clues when it probably wasn't the case.

Like the cross dissolve of tourists into the suitcases being a metaphor for the holocaust? It's like conspiracy theory, but instead of world politics they're just using an ambiguous movie.
>>
>>87388305
meh
>>
Paths of Glory is one of the best war films ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJH8hO7VlWE
>>
>>87391462
I cry every time i see that scene
>>
>>87388305
that documentary is fucking awful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiC9X_MoE1M
>>
>>87388294
>Despite the film being a huge box office success, gaining four Oscars, and being considered to rank among the very best of historical epics, Kubrick disowned the movie, and did not include it as part of his canon. Although his personal mark is a distinct part of the final picture, his contract did not give him complete control over the filming, the only occasion he did not exercise such control over one of his films.
>>
>>87381989
He actually got cinema and understood what made it a unique artform unlike the faggot Hollywood execs who push bullshit like Save the Cat and sermons by hacks like Mamet about how you should only write screenplays focused on stuff that "can be filmed" and has a three act structure and appeals to China and also ties in with all the other merchandise and toy commercials in your cinematic universe. Even if it generated some great films over the years, Hollywood ruined the scope for cinematic experimentation and originality with its proclivity for the preponderance of layers upon layers upon layers of braindead rules. Kubrick had the one rule that matters - "if it can be thought, or spoken, it can be filmed."
>>
>>87381989
>before the internet
Rated just right.jpg

>after the internet
Moderately overrated
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.