[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tv/ think of DW Griffith?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: DW Griffith smirks in disgust.jpg (345KB, 789x994px) Image search: [Google]
DW Griffith smirks in disgust.jpg
345KB, 789x994px
His career, personal life, personality

No spoilers of works for fellow anons
>>
>>87377925
easily most over-rated director of all time. so many directors claim him as an influence out of some precious pretense. his films are absolute garbage. an absolute waste of time for anyone interested in film - skip this director.
>>
>>87378214
Your whining is annoying and redundant. It can be whittled down to you find silent films boring
>>
>>87378928
no, i don't think so. there are plenty of silent films that were substantial works of art. Griffith made amateurish reels in backyards and called them epics. directors who grew up believing in his cache worship his "emotional depth" and "innovation". his films are devoid of either. from a technical standpoint, i've seen better home movies. he had absolutely nothing going on and was immediately trumped by lesser known filmmakers.
>>
>>87379157
he didn't only make epics, that statement alone confirms you only know of intolerance and birth of a nation
>he had absolutely nothing going on and was immediately trumped by lesser known filmmakers.
are you fucking retarded mate?
>>
>>87379470
yeah that's not what i said at all. but sure, his two most influential two movies, the only ones anyone has ever seen, were the solitary bad examples of his oeuvre. great point. i'd better get into the deep cuts so i can appreciate someone just learning to use a camera for the very first time before anyone was ever good at it you ridiculous nonce.
>>
>>87379629
>learning to use a camera for the very first time
>>
>>87379629
>the only ones anyone has ever seen
Actually Intolerance was a flop. His highest grossers are Birth, Hearts of the World, and Way Down East

Speaking of Hearts, showcase of painterly photography
>>
File: Hearts_of_the_World_poster2.jpg (106KB, 653x475px) Image search: [Google]
Hearts_of_the_World_poster2.jpg
106KB, 653x475px
accompanying comparison
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.