[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dr Strangelove unfunny

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: DrStrangelove060Pyxurz.jpg (116KB, 1600x1102px) Image search: [Google]
DrStrangelove060Pyxurz.jpg
116KB, 1600x1102px
Can someone explain the appeal of this film? Is it one of those things where you had to be alive at the time to get?

Its touted as a comedy but its anything but funny. The scene where he rides down the bomb has to be some of the worst CGI Ive ever seen.
>>
Almost. You have much to learn about the powers of bait.
>>
>>87374834
You're right. It needs more weed and penis jokes. And if only they could of got Seth Rogan to play the lead that would of made it awesome.
>>
>>87374834
The humour is dark and dry. That's not to everyone's taste, but it's there for people that appreciate it.

Don't feel bad, OP. Some people like coffee, some people prefer tea.
>>
File: 1454093607-200-5.gif (542KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
1454093607-200-5.gif
542KB, 356x200px
THIS MOVIE SUCKED
WAS NOT FUNNY

where's my capekino quips with jokes on cadence so I know when to laugh?
>>
>>87374936
I hope you're being doubly ironic here because Dr. Strangelove is based almost entirely around dick jokes.
>>
>>87374834
Totally bro

This lame movie needed to be in color. I mean black and white?! So lame!!

And lmao when my professor showed us this in our American' poltics class I couldn't help but think how badly this needed a laugh track! It works so well in Big Bang theroy!

I didn't get any of the jokes. Why did hitler appear in a wheelchair? Why did the world get blown up? Why did the general go crazy? Why didn't anyone stop him?

This was just confiusing a weird. They should remake it into an action movie with Tom Cruise
>>
File: onthermo.png (27KB, 430x310px) Image search: [Google]
onthermo.png
27KB, 430x310px
>>87374834
You need some knowledge of the time period to understand a lot of the jokes around nuclear war

Read some Herman Kahn
>>
>>87377680
That's how Megadeth got its name
>>
>>87374834
subtlety is key
>>
>>87374834
Patricians revel in absurdist comedy, if you didn't catch on to that.. >>youknowheretogo
>>
I really didn't enjoy it either desu. I like other Kubrick films but this was so fucking dry, too dry for me anyway, and I know it's nothing to do with the age of the film since I think Smiles of a Summer Night is hilarious. It's a very different style of comedy though
>>
>>87374834
It predicted 2017 from 1964.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.