[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would this movie exist today?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: LOTR.jpg (28KB, 590x290px) Image search: [Google]
LOTR.jpg
28KB, 590x290px
>Humans, when refered to as a race are called "men" i.e, "The time of men" "the race of men" The kingdom of man"
>The immortal elf chick marries a mortal human male and gives up her mortality so she can be with him for the rest of her mortal life, instead of being immortal and cucking her mortal husband after he dies

How would this work in 2017?
>>
everyone still says manking you retard
can we stop having this thread every fucking day
>>
Probably just have some black people in the cast, and add a random female to the fellowship.
>>
>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately
>bad acting
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot on film in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>rivendell scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the elves, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown sliding down complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to better fantasy movies that don't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of fantasy forever whereas this episode neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>extended pitch black scenes because of a lack of a competent cinematographer
>audio issues with microphone static left unaddressed because of poor sound design
>extremely poor editing with magically disappearing extras and production staff accidentally walking into frame
>somehow the best thing in cinema history
>>
>>87371795
>everyone still says mankind
That's sexist tho
>>
If you weren't underage you would remember that when it came out, lots of fantasy fans were complaining about how Jackson's movies contained too much feminist pandering.
>>
Frodo would be a chick, Sam would be a tranny, and Aragorn would be a nigger.
>>
>>87371971
I'm 23 so I was fucking 7 when Fellowship came out. I was a little more concerned with playing army guys in the sandbox than reading political articles online
>>
>>87371971
These people aren't underrage, they are what happens to bullied kids after they graduate.
>>
>>87371909
good none of these are true
;)
>>
galadriel feet
>>
>>87372057
I really will never understand the point of this sort of post- I get it, you're being provocative, but you're not shocking or impressing anyone. There is no wit, no humour, nothing of any constructive value at all. Its not even like you are mocking anyone who would read it- this is 4chan, you are the cliche in being intentionally un PC. You can't be seeking validation either- this site is Anonymous.

So I put it to you, why even bother?
>>
File: 1490312654250.png (896KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490312654250.png
896KB, 1280x720px
>gives up her mortality
How? How does it work? Can you just decide you don't wanna live forever?
>>
>>87372203
Because I'm surrounded by progressives all day who would be boycotting a movie like LotR these days for its lack of diversity and 4chan is where I come to vent.
>>
>>87372143
keep telling yourself that
>>
>>87372284
No they wouldn't though, that's the thing. You live in such a constructed reality, you're getting mad at mild twitter hashtags and Jezebel articles.
>>
>>87371909
based hawk hater
>>
>>87372360
>twitter hashtags and Jezebel articles
>mad at
Good people should get angry about / at a lot of those.
>>
>>87371909
False
>>
>>87372284
If LOTR was released today, you could be complaining about how Jackson handled Arwen and Eowyn just like people at the time were.
>>
>>87371608

yes with a few very minor differences.

>Haldir is black
>Hama is black
>Eomer is black
>Theodin is black
>Gandalf is black
>Gimli is black
>Samwise is black
>Wormtongue is slightly more white
>Eowyn is black
>Legolas is black and gay
>Galadriel is black
>Faramir is a black woman
>Aragorn is Idris Elba
>>
>>87373003
>slightly more white
Don't forget Sauraman
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.