[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kathleen Kennedy and the 'Star Wars' Directors Problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

>forced reshoots on Gareth Edwards
>Josh Trank fired
>Phil Lord & Chris Miller fired; movie reshot
>Collin Trevorrow fired

for Lucasfilm to have "creative differences" will ALL of them just seems extraordinary
>>
>>87371360
>Collin Trevorrow fired

Is that true? He was a bad choice anyway, he's another literal yes-man formerly indie director that got chosen for a big budget reboot because he can be easily manipulated. That's why they picked him for Jurassic World, that's why they picked him for Star Wars.

I'm sure the replacement they find won't be any better because Disney *wants* yes-men as their directors but it's still a good thing. He would've made episode IX more soulless and bland than anything in Star Wars history.
>>
>>87371360
how long until some jumped up womyn gets the gig?
>>
>>87371360
Well, we know these are Kathleen Kennedy and Bob Igers movies, with directors like J.J Abrams and Rian Johnson only coming in to fill in the story and do all the heavy lifting. Kathleen and all the directors may have agreed upon ideas initially, but all it takes is for Kathleen to back out of her word and say "nah I think I want it like this instead" and the directors either have to bend the knee or walk away.
>>
>>87371469
>>Josh Trank fired
>>Phil Lord & Chris Miller fired

nothing wrong with either of these given what has been rumored in some journals about what Lord and Miller were doing.
>>
>>87371469

How well-liked a movie is to many people or to movie critics isn't determined solely by the characteristic of much of the ideas, writing, and other creative processes involved in the creation of a movie being driven by one person or a small number of people (like three or so people) or done by a considerably larger number of people. It's heavily dependent more specifically upon who makes up the people in either of those situations in addition to other factors of course. For example, James Cameron has made some very successful movies and his movies have apparently tended to have a small number of people having an large impact on many parts of the creative process. While many animated movies like many Pixar, Disney, Dreamworks, BlueSky movies have a very collaborative process with input from many people in many parts of the creation of important aspects of the movies including in the writing. Many successful and unsuccessful live action and animated tv shows also have a very collaborative process in the creation of things for the show.
>>
>>87371360
its almost like they are trying to push some kind of agenda and force things to be cookie cutter
>>
>>87371360
We can but hope that The Mouse starts to grasp the concept of opportunity cost and fucks her off.
The films could literally be a still image of dog shit and still make money, but her toxic influence is clearly damaging the brand.
>>
>>87373391
I can't see them obviously firing her unless some big movie like Indiana Jones or Star Wars bombs. Especially, with so many of the people complaining about her complaining with thinking she is influential in aspects of the movie seeming to them as promoting girl-power too much or promoting too much an American progressive agenda somehow.

Whoever was responsible for the firing would get a lot of criticisms on some sites like Tumblr (that seem to be quite beneficial for promoting some of their stuff) and in some journal sites. There might be concern this could extend to some other movies and other things.

Disney doesn't like movies that explicitly promote the modern Republican or Democratic party. They got mad at the Weinstein Company for doing that, but I don't know they would care as much about some people thinking something much less explicitly promotes some political ideas
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.