[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will there ever be high adventure kino again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: conan-the-barbarian-arnold-21.jpg (30KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
conan-the-barbarian-arnold-21.jpg
30KB, 800x450px
Will there ever be high adventure kino again?
>>
No, you'll never see another of its ilk again.
>>
>>87369710
not in our lifetime.
>>
The Witcher Netfilx series could potentially be this.
>>
Which was the best 80s, Nietzschean adventure film? Conan The Barbarian or The Neverending Story?
>>
>>87371309
Conan the Barbarian, obviously
Also I don't know if you can call a movie Nietzschean just because it has a Nietzche quote at the beginning
>>
>>87371137
>Netshits
no it won't
>>
>>87371699
Howard and Nietzsche both had primitivist tendencies especially regarding civilization, and Conan is certainly about moving past emotional ties and the manipulation by others to make your own choices. The last sequence in the new Conan film was Conan claiming his fathers sword, whereas in the original he smashes it in order to conquer a foe. Whoever made the remake was a fucking hack if they didn't understand the meaning behind it.
>>
Cgi has ruined the adventure genre
>>
>>87371864
>Conan is certainly about moving past emotional ties and the manipulation by others
Is that why Valeria gives up her life for Conan? God damn you are really dumb anon.
>>
>>87371699
Well, Conan starts with a Nietzsche quote, and while most fantasy films have a kind underdog as the protagonist, Conan is a brutal killing machine, a literal Ubermensch. And The Neverending Story is a battle of ideas against nihilism and oblivion. It's not literal Nietzsche, but the themes are there. And while Conan is a great movie, The Neverending Story is not to be underestimated. They are both great films.
>>
>>87371929
Im a millennial and I agree.
>>
>>87371754
Netflix's The Witcher
>Geralt is shacked up inside during a rainstorm. Ciri near the hearth reading a book by fire light.
>A knock at the door. The Witcher steps forward and readied his blade. Suh a storm could hold anything
>Peering through the door. He sees a familiar face. He quickly throws the door open wide
>"Come in old friend!"
>Ciri looks at the stranger in the doorway and perks up immediately
>A large, muscular and imposing half black half Mediterranean man stands sipping wet. Rain cascading down his strong arms
>He steps into the doorway, much taller than Geralt
>Yennifer steps into the doorway from the cellar, eyeing the stranger up and down. Her eyes afire with passion. She bites her lip
>The Witcher hands the large bull his finest cotton towel to dry himself off with
>"It's been a long while my friend. Great seeing you in this storm. Luckily my ladies are back just in time as well. It will certainly be a pleasure hosting you again tonight... while I watch..."
>The Witcher hangs up his blades, sits down and unsheathes his cock. Small and chained inside a small cuckold cage, protected by pure magic
>>
File: 1425257791917[1].jpg (25KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1425257791917[1].jpg
25KB, 400x462px
>>87371929
>mfw some guy I know said he dislikes the original Terminator because of the special effects
>>
>>87371864
>primitivist
I wouldn't really say that Howard says that civilisation is inferior to our primitive nature. In Beyond the Black River it's more of an inevitability that civilisations will rise and fall, in that story the Picts are portrayed extremely negatively. Hard living leads to brutal strength, and Conan is always the apex of that in every story.
>>
>>87369710
You generally need a charismatic protagonist, a great score, some spectacle, with a dash of genuine deepness that filters out the plebs and keeps it timeless and the ability to have some fun without sacrificing all seriousness.

So no, chances are it won't be made now without fucking up one of those requirements.
>>
>>87371864
I'd say that Conan shattering his father's sword is symbolic in a similar vein to the castration of Oranos.
It's highlighting that the greatest thing a man can do is to raise a son to surpass him, however in doing so you unman yourself, because you admit to the world that your own prime is either at an end, or swiftly approaching it, and that your own achievements will soon be trodden underfoot by those of your own blood.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.