[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it going downhill?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 9

File: bobsburgers.jpg (203KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bobsburgers.jpg
203KB, 1920x1080px
Is it going downhill?
>>
>>87367363
Literally nothing has changed, if you think any of the episodes this season are worse than Get Schwifty, you're fucking crazy.
>>
season 2 was awful
>>
season 1 episode 1 is still the only true rick and morty episode
>>
>>87367403
I'm enjoying this season less than the previous ones, but maybe it's just me who's getting bored with the show.
>>
So far there haven't been any "play emotional music as emotional scene plays out" moments. So to me it's only getting better.
>>
>going
>>
Rick and Morty's violence was usually pretty funny, but now they just use it as padding and it's getting obnoxious.
>>
>>87367403
pickle rick was way worse than get shwifty

thought the jerry episode was probably one of their best
>>
>>87367662
>pickle rick was way worse than get shwifty
Retarded post, you're just upset it was spammed for weeks on end before release so you couldn't process it any other way.
>>
>>87367363
Yes.
>>
>>87367363
it was never good
>>
>>87367967

t. contrarian pleb
>>
>>87367363
Pickle Rick is, given the context, one of the worst episodes of television in history.
>>
>>87367749
I'M PICKLE RIIIIIIIIICK HAHA!
>>
>>87367363
Can't go down something you were never on top of.
>>
File: 1449363624276.png (104KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
1449363624276.png
104KB, 450x300px
i unironically enjoyed pickle rick. /tv/ only hates it because the creators are retarded sjws and reddit loves the show
>>
>>87367598
was fine the first time they did it, the second time with Rick trying to kill himself was contrived... you can only do that kind of thing once in a series like this and not have it immediately seem contrived/derivative/pandering

fucking quit on a high note like george from seinfeld, don't push it
>>
>>87368326
you're retarded and I can prove it mathematically
>>
>>87368326
>the creators are retarded sjws
They are? Examples?
>>
>>87368538
dan "if you dont say you´re not a nazi you die" harmon for sure is a sjw
>>
Last episode was great, it could even be two parts it was that good 2bh

shows still got it
>>
>>87368661
Just looked him up... wow he really is a stupid fuck. Actually believes one third of Americans are nazis. Really obnoxious and annoying way of talking, too.
>>
>>87367363
i liked the first season, but the second season was horrible
>>
>>87367363
i've never seen this show but kinda want to avoid it because of the Reddit stigma. is it any good or are the /tv/ memes true?
>>
>>87367363
I used to like it then all you assholes and your shitty memes ruined it for me. I hate you all so much.
>>
>>87369757
Its great
>>
Was it ever uphill?
>>
>Watch an episode at a friends place
>Handful of times they denounce Gods' existence, or ridicule that people believe in God, while at several points, Rick proclaims he's a god in the single episode
I'm not a christfag, but did one of the writers get fiddled by a priest? What's their deal?
>>
>>87367363
>>87367363
It's been riding the line of average/below average since it aired. I watched the Pickle Rick episode (hailed as one of the greatest episodes) because of the sheer amount of spam I saw leading up to the episode. And I was a mildly amused. I didn't laugh once, and when the video was over I closed the tab and have never watched it since. This must be a show for the generation growing up right now in middle school. Because I refuse to believe that people in their 20s have gotten hooked on this bland average crap.
>>
>>87369757
It's shit
>>
>>87369757

it is a great show but you have to hate everything popular on 4chan so..
>>
>>87369757
There are no jokes in Rick and Morty. It's just random phrases shouted like "I'M PICKLE RICK!!" that was literally the only "joke" in that entire episode. And it became a meme. I don't understand how that was funny, but that is the type of humour Rick and Morty has. It's a show aimed at 13 year old boys. Not a show for adults
>>
File: 1477367516911.jpg (12KB, 343x357px) Image search: [Google]
1477367516911.jpg
12KB, 343x357px
>>87367363
I'll never understand why this board is so damn butthurt over this show.
>>
>>87370683
Rick is a hyperflanderization of the extremely positivist scientist trope. His being an abrasive atheist is part of the joke of the character; the show has also explicitly mocked that aspect of him numerous times. If you didn't get that then you probably weren't paying attention, or were deliberately looking for things to be triggered by.
>>
File: 1479353493137.jpg (216KB, 810x483px) Image search: [Google]
1479353493137.jpg
216KB, 810x483px
>>87369757
For God's sake, don't ever come to this board for opinions. This place is a shithole.
>>
>>87371523
This. You don't go to 4chan for any sane or rational reason. You come here because you're addicted.
>>
File: 1504287163168.jpg (122KB, 848x686px) Image search: [Google]
1504287163168.jpg
122KB, 848x686px
>>87371604
4chan houses the finest patricians...I would know because I am one. Rick and Morty is irredeemable trash.
>>
>>87370683
Rick begs for God to save him in one episode when things are looking dire for him, then once he is saved he tells God to fuck off and that he never believed in him

Rick is a massive hypocrite and an asshole, he does whatever he wants and whatever helps him get his way in the moment
>>
>retards on this board spent literally an entire year shitting on rick and morty constantly on /tv/
>WUHH! IT'S BAD NOW!!!
>>
File: 1504286207741.jpg (215KB, 734x680px) Image search: [Google]
1504286207741.jpg
215KB, 734x680px
>>87371604
>>
File: Fuck cancer biiiiitch .jpg (147KB, 779x671px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck cancer biiiiitch .jpg
147KB, 779x671px
>>87367363
Episodes 1, 5 and 6 were good

The ones written by women were fucking garbage lmao, I didn't even know beforehand which were but unsurprisingly /tv/ was right

>Summer transforming into a badass producing some absolutely groan worthy scenes
>le genius wall breaking psychologist writer self-insert dissecting Rick's brain
>>
>>87368386
What was the second time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24RIl-vFBs8

I only remember this one
>>
>>87367403
It did start really bad though
>>
>>87367967
bullshit, Meseeks and Destroy is one of the best episodes of animated television
>>
>>87367403
Am I the only one in the universe who likes Get Schwifty? Because I fucking love that song
>>
>>87371778
Woah you mean /tv/ is more than one person? Imagine that
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJHzKo6rgII
>>
>>87373611
Sorry bro, but I still like the show
>>
Why does jerry constantly get shit on? Everyone treats it like it's ok to be mean to him when he's done hardly anything bad.
>>
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
>>
>>87372095
Second time was the season 2 finale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCAK6MZ4FEs

It's like the show has wildly overestimated how deep it is and how much the characters matter.
>>
you cant really go downhill if you started at the bottom
>>
>>87369757
This is the "Just watched X, what did I think?" meme for real
Just watch the first two episodes, that'll give you a sense of whether you'll like it or not. Ep1 sets up the premise and introduces the recurring characters, Ep2 is unironically one of the top 3 episodes so far.
>>
>>87369757
It's mediocre if you have a brain. It's great if you're a youngling or you want to think you have a brain. The comedy is more or less hit and miss. The hits are consistently funny, where the misses range from 'meh' to painful to watch.

The big reason its normie-bait is because it addresses and centers around very basic philosophical and existential ideas, and people think that it's some amazing revelation of the human psyche when in reality you could read 5 pages of Nietzsche and get the same effect.
>>
File: 4w6odvd8uucz.png (839KB, 290x983px) Image search: [Google]
4w6odvd8uucz.png
839KB, 290x983px
>>87369336
The man does a drunken rant about everything once a week and of course this is the one that caught wind, a week after he said it.
>>
>>87367363
Fandom ruins everything. /co/ was fine with this show until the end of season two when the fandom just exploded.
>>
>>87374566
It's a weird contrast, how can you make a sad and emotional scene of Rick giving everything up to protect his family and then show him confident at the start of the next season as if he was never in any real danger and could always just escape. Did he actually believe himself to be fucked and then by chance saw the opportunity to escape when his brain was being picked and interrogated?
>>
>>87374792
>and people think that it's some amazing revelation of the human psyche

No one thinks this, it's actually just funny/entertaining and you aren't anywhere near as smart as you want to think you are

>inb4 screenshot of some neckbeard retard as if that's not a wider internet phenomenon and those people aren't in every fanbase to some degree
>>
>>87373372
I like Ice T in that episode too
>>
>>87375414
Yeah, writers really screwed up that one. It automatically teaches us that things that happen don`t matter much, which weakens any of the divorce drama they tried.

Destroying the council of Ricks and the federation destroys all threats to Rick, which is another dramatic fail.

Since they seem intent on playing up the drama, they really shot themselves in the foot. Would have been smarter to either just focus on zany eyeball humor, or explore what rick is like in an environment where he has no power to use technology, or conversely, beth and morty teaming up to try and save Rick.

In fact, that would have made sense, could have been an interesting dynamic and allow for character development for three characters.

Morty+beth wouldn`t have been as powerful as Rick, but they would have access to his goodies and would have to figure things out along the way.

Then when they`d finally save him, he would be unwilling to go, sticking with his original plan as that would keep them safe.

So you`d be unsure of how things would develop and sense a significant change.

Next episode would start with the family facing some kind of alien problem, maybe Summer having some alien STD that controls her, and Rick showing up out of nowhere with a portal to save the day. Beth would be happy to see him again, but Morty wouldn`t trust it`s the real Rick, or at least not their real Rick.

They could play with that tension the rest of the season and resolve it in the finale.
>>
>>87367403

vindicators 3 was easily worse, and rest and ricklaxation sucked dick also
>>
>>87375414
I think they explained in the S3 premiere that it was his plan to get caught, then escape to destroy the Empire or whatever it was
>>
>>87376601
>Destroying the council of Ricks and the federation destroys all threats to Rick, which is another dramatic fail.

Infinite universes. Meaning there are infinite councils of ricks and infinite federations.
>>
>>87376928
The council was all the infinite Ricks coming together in one place. There wouldn't be an infinite amount of them.
>>
>>87367403
>if you think any of the episodes this season are worse than Get Schwifty

You're a pleb
>>
>>87376857
Yes, thus negating any drama. I`m fine with non-drama. But then they have half of the episodes be about the drama. Just poor character development to have everything be rick ex machina.

Remember when Rick was in a miniverse competing with another genius? It`s hard to feel any danger or risk when all the big enemies are destroyed in one go. Just poor planning and a sugn that things will get shittier. This`ll be like monty python season 4. Derivative retreads.
>>
>>87367403
>if you think any of the episodes this season are worse than Get Schwifty

You're a pleb
>>
>>87367403
Season 2 had some really memorable episodes though, Season 3 has been totally mediocre.
>>
Lol at all the autismos mad at pickleball rick but they still tuned on to watch
>>
>>87367363
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
>>
>>87369757

If you avoid stuff in life because of "reddit stigma" you're god damn retarded.
>>
>>87377030
There would be if some shit writer decided so for the show
>>
I've ONLY seen season 3 and only a few episodes. I wanted to hate it because it's so popular and I'm an edgy contrarian but it's actually not bad
>>
>>87377445
How can someone get mad at something they've never experienced
>>
>>87377460
Funny.

But literally facebook-tier. Saw this on a butch dyke feminists' feed weeks ago.
>>
>>87371220
You clearly didnt watch it, some jokes are pretty clever. Anybody that says "its a show for smart people" is talking shit but it surely has some good jokes
>>
>>87371962
The joke about the robot family was kino though
>>
>>87371962
I always wondered what had to be wrong with someone to enjoy rick and morty.

Brain cancer it is.
>>
>>87373372
Don't you mean Water T?
>>
>To repetitive with the jokes
>Tries to get political
>Tries to be hip
>No plot besides trying to get daddy back
>>
File: hmm.png (190KB, 600x628px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
190KB, 600x628px
>>87377030
>all the infinite
>all
>infinite
>>
>>87377460
Bad pasta
>>
The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy > The Rickshank Redemption > Rest and Ricklaxation > Vindicators 3 > Rickmancing the Stone > Pickle Rick
>>
>tfw justin roiland prankcalling a church in ricks voice wanting to get a prayer
>later calls as morty to pray for his grandfather rick

it happened 10 minutes ago
>>
>>87373372
No, you're not alone. I don't really super like the song but I enjoy Ice T and some of the gags, like Rick releasing the snakes.
>>
>>87378541
Good Point.
>>
>>87381421
Sure it did.
>>
>>87382182
uh? ok? what's this then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCOSG17PUUU
>>
>>87382293
This is dumb as fuck and im a big fan of Hollywood Handbook
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.