[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did walt ever care for jesse? Or was he just using him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: heisenberk.png (228KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
heisenberk.png
228KB, 500x333px
Did walt ever care for jesse? Or was he just using him?
>>
GUESS I GOT WHAT I DESERVED
>>
i think maybe yeah kinda a little or whatever
>>
during the first seasons, when he was trying to make Jesse a respectful and professional member of the (drug dealing) society
>>
B-B-B-B-BONFIRE
>>
>>87357134
He cared about jesse probably more than his own son, maybe his family
>>
>>87357134
he cared at times because he always felt like he got jesse in all this
in reality jesse was lost as fuck and without walt he'd just OD somewhere
>>
>>87357134
after Jane dies it's Walt that goes looking for him after he's had the big meltdown and gets him cleaned up, though I can't remember if he needed Jesse for something or it was just the combination of guilt over letting Jane choke to death.
>>
>>87357134
He clearly did care about him otherwise he wouldn't have saved him at the end
>>
I think jesse and mike bonded better, he urged jessie to get out the game multiple times.
>>
>>87357134
Jesus Christ. The final episode is literally named Felina. Leading up to that they blatantly play El Paso. Walt loves only one thing and the entire fucking song of El Paso pretty much plays out everything from the time the redneck bikers show up onward. Go look up the lyrics and compare them to the last season. From Hank dying to the final shot, they went artsy fartsy modern cinema. It's actually lazy, not brilliant.

tldr no he never gave a fuck about Jesse except as a means to have more meth and meth distribution
>>
>>87357134
Obviously otherwise he wouldn't have saved him in the finale. Also, he does manipulate him to the extreme since he was his teacher however deep down he does care, there's an episode in season 2 where he goes back to persuade jesse to leave jane you can tell he cares, then he lets jane die. He's just a frustrated and angry man who likes manipulating him as well.
>>
>>87357460
I know the finale eps tied things up way too nicely however I liked some of the cheesiness to it, especially when they start playing the breaking bad theme tune on that scene where the police surround the bar and the camera slowly pans to walts empty chair and glass of whiskey, it just reminds me of older shows.
>>
>itt: kids who think their teachers care about more than their pay

kek
>>
>>87357743
He probably didn't care about jesse during his school days but only after.
>>
>>87357134
It's complicated to say because for 95% of the series Walt is lying even to himself about what he actually cares about
But by the end of it, whether it's a true assessment of himself or not, I think he realizes and finally accepts that he always just cared more about himself and he's fine with that because no one else ever cared about him. I guess in the loosest sense at the end he cares for Jesse simply as a human being he has the ability to save, but it's not like he thinks he owes him anything.
Walt's whole arc is coming to terms with accepting your narcissism, no matter how seemingly deserved that narcissism is.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.