[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PRAISE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 12

File: aLEXander1.jpg (1MB, 7680x2400px) Image search: [Google]
aLEXander1.jpg
1MB, 7680x2400px
/DCEU/ general

fresh OC edition
>>
File: 1504621505745.png (185KB, 739x317px) Image search: [Google]
1504621505745.png
185KB, 739x317px
>>87357087
ONE NOTHING WRONG WITH ME
>>
File: 1(2).jpg (63KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1(2).jpg
63KB, 720x540px
Will this cast ever be topped?
>>
File: IMG_0440.jpg (640KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0440.jpg
640KB, 2048x1365px
>>87357380
>Whedon has to negotiate sex by offering parts to C-Listers.
>Snyder gains the affection of A-Listers through sheer Chadness alone
>YOU JUST KNOW
>>
>>87358061
now post the one with Gal.
>>
>make OC
>no one replies
>>
>>87357087
>Only one DCEU film next year
Shame.

Was hoping it would be revealed that Gotham City Sirens had already begun filming or something at SDCC
>>
File: IMG_0415.jpg (90KB, 450x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0415.jpg
90KB, 450x430px
>>87358061
Snyder truly is a manlet god among men. Chad status unlocked through sheer virtue.
>>
>>87359538
>>87358061
>that look in her eye
>>
File: IMG_0711.jpg (136KB, 636x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0711.jpg
136KB, 636x682px
>>87357087
Here's one of my recent ones.

Also, re-watched Suicide Squad yesterday, and I'm reasonably sure that the Enchantress knowingly blinded the A.R.G.U.S. project, so they're going to have no choice but to bow to whatever Lex demands.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5h8pebNeyvk
>>
>>87357276
You know? I actually hate that it's going to be so bad. The MCU had so much promise. Why did they allow such a schism to develop between their movie franchise and their small-screen endeavors? They could have given us something truly amazing - an integrated cross-medium "universe."

I secretly hope that's WB's goal, what with the interdimensional stuff they've been exploring with their WB programs. I heard rumor that the upcoming SyFy series "Krypton" isn't going to be set within the continuity of the DCEU, and that saddens me. Maybe they intend to grandfather it in if it's successful.
>>
File: IMG_0214.jpg (3MB, 1200x3200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0214.jpg
3MB, 1200x3200px
>>87360028
I prefer that Krypton remain outside of the DCEU canon. It could never live up to what Snyder set up in his two films. If WB is trying to turn DCEU into a multiverse, I'm behind that all the way.
>>
FRIENDLY REMINDER

If you haven't watched BvS Ultimate Edition at least 10 times you need to return to reddit

If you haven't watched BvS Ultimate Edition in black and white you need to return to reddit

If you haven't watched BvS Ultimate Edition Pausing every 2 seconds to take in every detail you need to return to reddit

If you haven't watched BvS Ultimate Edition on mute to just absorb the visuals you need to return to reddit

There are no half measures and i recommend they add these to the official 4chan rules.. maybe also a sticky. i will wait
>>
>>87357087
>"it's a fake"

>false god
>they have to see the fraud you are
>>
>>87360466
fuck
>>
>>87360466
I think maybe the whole Sword of Alexander thing is also some sort of veiled reference to the importance of mythic "truth" or something. It might be some sort of statement on how WB is embracing the underlying myth and lore behind these characters and how Disney's rejecting it.

>Bruce: It's a fake. The real one sold on the black market in 1998 and now hangs over the bed-"
>Diana: "Of the Sultan of Hajar."

You know what else sold in 1998? Marvel Comics, as part of an extremely complicated transaction. Complicated. Like a knot that can not be untied.

I believe that we're going to find out that sword above the Sultan's bed is a fake, too. Diana has the real one.
>>
>>87361613
>the importance of mythic "truth" or something
no

>there was a time above, a time before,
>there were perfect things, diamond absolutes
>but things fall, things on earth
>and what falls, is fallen

Truth itself is an absolute, immediately after black zero and the introduction of kryptonite, lois' conversation with the warlord immediately brings up the question of truth in relation to perspective

"one question begs another"

Think: The bullet, evidence, LITERALLY ends up in lois' journal, where she keeps her observations in search of the truth. In this case, the truth unveiled by the bullet is the truth that lex says would be blown like sand in the desert.

Lex places himself above truth itself, basically.

The bullet and kryptonite throughout the narrative form another 'coupling' within the movie
>>
>>87362618
>Think: The bullet, evidence, LITERALLY ends up in lois' journal, where she keeps her observations in search of the truth. In this case, the truth unveiled by the bullet is the truth that lex says would be blown like sand in the desert.

straight up:
lois has to dig the bullet out of her journal after noticing the hole and not being able to open it (fucking snyder)

she takes it out, contemplates it naked no less, then proceeds to hide it (fucking snyder)
>i'm afraid i didn't see it because i wasn't looking
f u c k i n g
s n y d e r

the connection between the bullet and truth narratively and thematically is obvious, but it leads to something else

i guess snyder really is too subtle
>>
>>87362618
Personally, this is what I think we're going to find out, this or something very much like it:

A very long time ago, the Guardians of Oa went to war with the New Gods. The Guardians and their newly recruited Corps found a way to effectively banish Darkseid's forces from reality by somehow hoarding "magic" away and storing it on Oa. Regardless of how thorough they were in locking away magic as a force in the universe, anywhere sentient life develops, magic starts to grow anew, birthing gods both good and evil in the process.

Millions of years later, along come the Kryptonians, a species unique in their potential for power. Both they as well as their organic "tech" and structures possess a bio-electric field capable not only of letting them resist Krypton's crushing gravity, but also fueled by the starlight to which it is exposed. The New Gods somehow come into contact with Kryptonians and their tech(most likely on Earth) and find a way to use it to foster a renewed invasion of the universe. Earthborn gods, the Amazons, the Atlanteans, the Lantern Corps, and primitive humans manage to repulse them, but discover that so long as the gods remain in contact with mankind, their presence will continue to provide sufficient magic for the forces of Apokolips to one day return. The gods agree to depart from the world, with one exception - Ares. Still empowered by the recent conflict, he proves more than equal for all save Zeus, who vanquishes him and charges the Amazons for guarding against his return.

Krypton, fearing the danger it poses to other worlds, voluntarily abandons exploration and erases all mention of Darkseid and the New Gods from its history to guard against Darkseid's corrupting influence, and turns its back on gods and magic, placing its hope and faith instead in science.
>>
File: 1504411808304.jpg (40KB, 580x614px) Image search: [Google]
1504411808304.jpg
40KB, 580x614px
>>87357276
Two nothing wrong with me
>>
>>87363935
nice fanfic dude, i'd totally replace terrio with you
>>
>>87359786
Out of all the easter eggs in bvs this is the only one that blew my mind
>>
>>87360363
>He prefers Ultimate Edition over theatrical

You need to go back
>>
lmao you guys believe this shit?
>>
>>87364421 yeah we do leave us alone
>>
>Sultan of Hajar
>three syllable word
>>
>>87364395
Ive only ever seen the theatrical cut and i loved it im gonna buy the directors cut for when i watch it with my bro he hasnt seen it he's only watched suicide squad and he liked it alot
>>
File: Hanged Man - Reversal.jpg (64KB, 666x349px) Image search: [Google]
Hanged Man - Reversal.jpg
64KB, 666x349px
>>87363935
Thousands of years later, the Terra-Apokolips War a forbidden memory, Jor-El and Lara send their son to Earth where he become a modern focal point for the planet's innate magic, and by doing so fosters a re-awakening, a new Heroic Age with certain individuals, "metahumans." becoming echoes of the long-departed gods.

Shadowy forces at work within the governments of the world are aware of some of this secret history, but it is ultimately Lex who gets all the answers. In a bid for power, he does the unthinkable, and provides the New Gods with the sacrifice that heralds their return.

The sensitives, both the Learned and the mad, sense the coming change.
>>
when will this meme end?
>>
>>87364421
>>87364884
It's literally the same guy replying to himself between phone and computer. That's what it is every single one of these threads.
>>
>>87363935
>>87364809
Can you back up this wild speculation by citing evidence in the movie, without just pointing at esoteric content?

It's so much simpler to just point out these symbols and how they're used and refer back to the content without making wild speculations.

You're making up a cosmogony without any need to, we don't need to speculate about any of this to fully uncover all of snyder's use of cinematic language within bvs, which is supposed to be the point of these threads

If you really care about going "all the way" with this magic shit, you don't need to look any further than the promotional material

"YOU can't save the world alone"
why is you on batman?
why are batman's eyes blacked out while everyone else's expressions are clear?
>>
>>87359786
>Amanda Waller: I see all.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Sir Isaac Newton
>>
>>87365167
Nah, that's all I have - just the speculation. I think this is what we're going to find out eventually, but it's really just my own best guess with what we've been given so far.
>>
>>87365323
you literally made shit up about the guardians and darkseid that is never inferred, alluded to, or hinted at in any way in any of the movies made so far, that's not speculation anon

You're going:
>use of symbol in movie
>hmm yeah symbol has certain associations
>MILLIONS OF YEARS AGO
This is a made up story that isn't relevant to the THEMES of the movie, because after all, how does all of this speculation about magic relate to our own real world?

>men can be good
>demonizing the other while sanctifying oneself
>not being able to, or not wanting to see truth because of the relationship to past trauma
>using our perception of ourselves to empower(or not) ourselves

BvS revolves around these very real human experiences, and all of the cinematic language in BvS serves to contrast characters, objects, actions, ideas, against each other

We don't need to create superfluous fanfic when we haven't even got all of the connections between imagery and thematics completely mapped out, even if we do understand the basic repeating structure present in the connections between scenes

if we really want to talk about darkseid, it has to revolve around the dream, the painting, 'above/below', the occult, and apocalyptic literature.
you need to look no further than lex's statement
"Devils don't come from hell beneath us. No, they come from the sky."
which by itself is already a complete inversion of the commonly held christian worldview, this movie is so 'basic' in its allusion yet somehow manages to invert everything in it yet somehow this goes unnoticed.

You need to look no further than the movie's preoccupation with that which is Above and that which is Below,

it's fine to take inspiration from media and let your imagination go wild, only remember to be aware that is its *your imagination, and not valid conclusions based on the content of the movie
>>
Next JL trailer when
>>
>>87366650
Kek, BTFO
>>
Cringe
>>
>>87368048
One more trailer in October maybe. Hopefully it doesn't blow it's load like the WW/BvS final trailers
>>
>>87357380
>incredibly talented cast
>a decent studio behind you
>all the money in the world
>delayed the movie an entire year to try and fix it
>still turned out to be unwatchable dog shit

I just don't get it.
>>
>>87357380
even back then we should've known Ben wanted out
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.