[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the power if autism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: Room_237_(2012_film).jpg (70KB, 300x444px) Image search: [Google]
Room_237_(2012_film).jpg
70KB, 300x444px
Is this the power if autism?
>>
>>87354624
2deep4u
>>
>>87354624
Most shit tier """""documentary""""" ever.
>random """"""experts"""""
>have balls to the walls insane theories about the film
>reading too much into it, the movie
>>
Kubrick is single-handedly the most overrated director ever

Literally entry-level geometrically-obsessed robot shooting photographs of sterile environments with robots inside them
>>
>>87354624
"When you look at the clouds they look like Kubrick. I know it's hard to notice but believe me'
>Wut?
>>
>>87355401
kubrick is and will forever be a legend, you could pause his films at any point and he would explain to you his intentions for literally everything on the screen

his autism made him a master, his anti semitism made him a god
>>
>>87355365
thats the fucking point you retard. it's a documentary about the theorists and the theories, not the movie.
>>
>>87355365
That's the whole fucking point, jesus christ you pleb.
>>
File: monarch skier.png (125KB, 319x370px) Image search: [Google]
monarch skier.png
125KB, 319x370px
>the ski poster theory
i was in stitches
>>
>>87355608
some of the theories were really stupid
>>
>>87354624
this was the most autistic thing i ever saw. it came off as a documentary but as it got further in i realized it was just filming a bunch of fucking nerds who watch the shining every day
>>
Am I supposed to think these people are crazy? I was looking forward to hearing about the making of this film and instead I get this schlock.

This same guy made a movie about sleep paralysis. I watched it unknowingly. I expected them to go into the science of why and how we could maybe help these people. Instead I got some bullshit horror doc with nonsense recreations. Worst of all, Instead of actually attempting to find an actual cause they SERIOUSLY entertain the idea that SP is brought on by demons/aliens.

Fuck this director.
>>
>>87355510
You could do the same thing with many other directors, but the difference is in how cold and sterile Kubrick's movies are.
>>
File: transformers-balls.jpg (28KB, 480x200px) Image search: [Google]
transformers-balls.jpg
28KB, 480x200px
>>87355901
>You could do the same thing with many other directors
>So, Michael, what is the meaning of framing this shot this way?
>DUDE, BALLS LMAO
>>
File: 22E.jpg (181KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
22E.jpg
181KB, 1280x720px
AYO
HOL UP
SO YOU BE SAYIN
WE
WUZ
NASA?!
>>
is the shining worth watching?
>>
>>87354624
Pretty good forc omedy purposes.
>>
File: Bresson the Croissant.jpg (199KB, 981x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Bresson the Croissant.jpg
199KB, 981x1000px
>>87356072
>he's a "If it's a symbol it's good"fag
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-09-02-20h08m59s444.jpg (333KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-09-02-20h08m59s444.jpg
333KB, 1280x720px
No 9/11 foreshadowing here.
>>
>>87354624

What Danny does with the cars is induction. He moves two cars up and down the side of the red cube on the carpet, and a ball rolls towards him out of nowhere. Maybe that is why they faked the Moon landing, to induce a viable space craft?

https://vid.me/8ifs8
>>
>>87357947
>Danny rises the same way the Apollo did
>the hotel is a fake set, just like the "Moon" was
>Danny goes to Room 237 aka the "Moon"
>when Jack goes there he sees a fake ghost and then says "there was nothing there"
we only had to listen
>>
>>87355901
not a criticism
>>
The point was obviously to discredit any and all theories about Kubrick films.
>>
>>87359890
The criticism is that there are many directors who do the same thing, and often much better, and are able to elaborate on it when asked, whereas for some reason Kubrick is held higher when he does it
>>
>>87355365
Oh wow. I'm glad this website can still make me angry.
>>
>>87360024
Cuz he never talked about his movies which makes people add all kinds of theories. Because his films are often shot very well, people think he must be great at the other things too.
He didn't even have a finished script when he shot Full Metal Jacket. That doesn't mean some things don't make sense within the film, but there is way less thought put into it than people think.

He edits so long because he is a perfectionist. Surely means he knows what he is doing. But considering he also wanted self-written pages of "[...] makes Jack a dull boy" instead of copies, it simply shows he's insane. Which stopped him from doing many movies.
horrendous ocd
>>
This whole movie shows that interpreting art past a certain level is pointless.
>>
>>87354624
If it had only been about the indian/holocaust stuff, it would've been fine. But jesus christ, a fucking minotaur?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.