[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Matrix

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Honest thoughts on The Matrix trilogy?
>>
Post-modern philosophy for normies
>>
>>87346620
Gnosticism for dummies
>>
1 is a successful combination of elements taken from hundreds if not thousands of previous works. Sorta like Tarantino: not an ounce of originality anywhere, zilch, but it's remixed well enough. Also a technical achievement in visuals and sound

2 and 3 show how limited the wachowski things are at actual storytelling and are obvious cashgrabs since they wrote 1 as a standalone. Hit or miss technically too, like they didn't give a fuck and used CG for things technology couldnt yet do well
>>
1 was really enjoyable. 2 had a couple of cool moments but was poor otherwise. 3 is amongst the worst films I've ever seen.
>>
>>87346787
>2 and 3 show how limited the wachowski things are at actual storytelling
Progressively, story wise, the story fit really well. The big issue is, nobody watched The Matrix 1 for the action cave dweller fighting scenes. They watched it for Neo controlling the world he was in. Once he disconnected from that world, the series lost what drew people to it.

Should have taken the blue pill, Neo.
>>
>>87346787
could you say they were dishonest filmakers?
>>
1 is great. 2 is okay but tried too hard to redo what made 1 great. 3 is crap, mostly because of the retarded battle at zion.
>>
>>87346620
I still like the Matrix trilogy despite huge flaws but The Second Renaissance is pure kino
>>
>it's a "all the great ideas from the first part where cribbed from other sources, the rest were mostly OC and that's where we saw the creator is actually a hack" episode
>>
>>87350917
>The Second Renaissance is pure kino
this
>>
reboot as a series when?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.