[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The dick tower

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
You know how you see commercials for something and you think "man that shit looks awful," and you try to avoid watching it for as long as possible, and then you watch it anyway and you think "oh that wasn't so bad."

That didn't happen here.
>>
>>87344538

still pissed I wasted months and months of my life reading that series

the ending was such a let-down
but I guess that's life. and that was probably King's point
>>
File: IMG_2766.jpg (242KB, 1241x1646px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2766.jpg
242KB, 1241x1646px
>>
>>87344669
If you read like 5000 pages spread across 7 (8) books just to get to the end, you were doing it wrong.

It's all about the journey. The destination is so mythic it's almost impossible to get right. I would have ended it with Roland entering the Tower, but that's just me.
>>
>>87344669
I think it was the point, yes. But you have to admit the ending of the book was better than the ending of the movie, eh "gunslinger?"
>>
>>87344669
I couldnt get past the first book - that may be just overall King burnout. I just look at his books, and feel exhausted, his books are a test of endurance, not entertainment. I know people who rave about the Dark Tower books, but I just can't do it. I could care less about the show. The made the lead character a nigger, that's all I need to know.
>>
>>87344538
>try to avoid watching it for as long as possible
>couldn't even hold out for longer than a couple months

It's clear that you wanted to see the movie and you're trying to downplay your interest in it so people won't laugh at you. Well it won't work.
>>
>>87344718

the journey thru the first 5 or so was fine

the ones written fully after he was hit by that van were completely different in tone and structure
felt like a completely different writer

I just kept trudging thru since I'd already gotten that far in
>>
>>87344682
Every time I see Breitbart, I just immediately laugh. It's not because I have contempt for them, I just think they're funny.
>>
>>87344757

I've read thru The Stand 3 times
goes surprisingly quick for how massive it is
>>
>>87344718
Good point. I hate endings in general because they can never live up to any expectations the journey may have given you. I wish the journey could go on forever, but it doesn't work that way. Well, though I guess it kinda does in the case of Dark Tower.
>>
>>87344757
The first book is a real drag, but once you get past it you won't want to put them down.

>>87344758
Well I love the fucking books, sue me.
>>
King is a hack, no way they did it worse.
>>
>>87344718

As soon as King wrote himself into the story I was out. Immersion 100% dead.

Fuck him, he had something good going and just wrote a bunch of bullshit because he almost died and was scared about leaving his work unfinished.
>>
What I want to know is why they changed so much that they didn't need to? Why make Jake have a caring mother? Why still call the dad Elmer if he's fucking dead? GAAH...
>>
>>87344843
Meh, you just didn't get it.
>>
>>87344843
same here really a "wtf is this?!" moment
>>
>>87344846
Bunch of people with money wanted a Dark Tower movie, but no one had the balls to say maybe THIS DT movie was a bad idea.

King is the only guy who's veto would mean anything, even though it would still get made. But he's clearly doesn't give a shit about artistic integrity anymore. I thought it was cool when he was involved with Dark Horse's DT comics. Like he might actually give a shit.

This movie was literally just a paycheck.
>>
>>87344892

that's what every teenage fag who likes some dumb shit says my dude. the story fell apart, deal with it
>>
>>87344758

Damn i was so fucking close, i got drunk instead otherwise i would have been this dumb anon
>>
>>87344940
>i got drunk instead otherwise i would have been this dumb anon
haha reminds me of this time I fucked my boss's 13-year-old daughter at a New Years party

good times, alcohol is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>87344843
I was almost done with Wolves of Calla and decided to read the overview for Songs of Susannah. I literally dropped the series upon learning that he put himself in the books. So fucking embarrassing. I had friends who defended it. Not well, though, they sounded like this>>87344892
>>
>>87344769
t. Salon
>>
File: IMG_2158.jpg (27KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2158.jpg
27KB, 300x400px
>tfw this movie bombed so bad in my country that they changed the original dark trailer to some lighthearted: "which side do you choose, the gunslinger or the man in black?, LETS GET READY TO RUUUUUUUUUMBLEEEEEEE!!!"
>>
>>87344926
I heard he wanted to write a sequel to The Shining - a story that literally requires no sequel.

He's shitting all over his own career. It's kind of sad.
>>
>>87345647
>tfw some anon from a dickhole country that got the movie so late they already knew it was a flop thinks anybody cares about his opinion
>>
>>87345744

Autism
>>
>>87345708
Reminds me of Anne Rice dropping Christianity (again) only to write the worst fucking sequels to her best works.

The Beauty Trilogy REALLY didn't need an SJW 4th installment, thnx. Affirmative consent has no place in novels about teenage royalty being kidnapped and raped.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.