[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some shows that are eerily accurate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: trump waldo.jpg (104KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
trump waldo.jpg
104KB, 1600x900px
What are some shows that are eerily accurate?
>>
Did Black Mirror predict the future with its worst episode?
>>
>>87341305
San Junipero? Probably.
>>
>>87341305
waldo wasn't a prediction, but commentary on how every major politician since reagan functioned.
>>
>>87340867
>>87341305
>>87341745
Waldo wasn't a Trump hit, at least not in execution. Its a hit on all the comedy news shows and their smug, cowardly hosts who act like politicians with none of the "acccountability" or expectation of leadership and policy.
>>
>>87342297

Did Charlie Brooker then rebound it to Trump cause he's a homo who watches too much Adam Curtis when Trump actually won?
>>
>>87342297

I don't think it has to be read entirely in one way or another. The parallels, namely the vapidity, between Waldo and Trump are glaringly obvious to anyone who's not a die hard Trump fan though.
>>
>>87343713
this applies to every major politician since reagan
>>
>>87343951

Arguably, but not to the extent it does with Trump.
>>
>>87341665
>we live in a simulation and all lesbians actually come from a future where inferior cismales have been added to the mass grave
>>
>>87343964
yes to the extent it does with trump. especially with bush, reagan, clinton, gore, and blair (who it was actually about).
>>
>>87342297
Felt like a stab at the whole faceless identity people assume when discussing important matters, like they arent accountable, the "avatar" is. Like people on /pol/ saying "I want to kill all niggers" when in real life they dont give half a shit about black people, they are some no-mark teenager who just runs their mouth off because its funny, but the thing is, there are actually people that will see this radical shit and actually support it thinking there is someone with the same radical views as them, even when the person who said it didnt support it themselves, they could just say whatever they wanted because they were behind an avatar.

Imagine if Pepe started actually being adopted by politicians, you wouldnt know who was behind the avatar at any time and it could be someone you dont actually agree with politically but they are using the avatar as a face to say things, just because its funny and makes you laugh you side with them, with no regard to actual politics.
>>
Doesn't The Simpsons predict a lot of things? (inb4sneed)
>>
dumb

its about the facelessness of real power; of how the modern political is simply the PR man for the interests they represent

not an original sentiment though, waldo is merely an updated version of big brother
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.