[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It comes at night discussion thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: it-comes-at-night-poster.jpg (281KB, 1280x1897px) Image search: [Google]
it-comes-at-night-poster.jpg
281KB, 1280x1897px
More like Nothing comes at night, amirite?
>>
>white dad
>mixed mom
>black son

what the FUCK did they mean by this
>>
>>87336843
I like me a good metaphorical slow burn A24 horror as much as the next /tv/ shitposter but I was just underwhelmed by the end.
>>
>>87336894
Is he, dare I say it, a cuckold?
>>
I dont get it.

I get the movie, but I dont get the praise.

This was a bore to watch, painfully mediocre, shallow to boot and yet it is praised to high heaven.
Is the horror/thriller genre really this starved for good movies that films that are merely competent gets paraded around?

Does a "horror" movie only need to play it lowkey and avoid some tropes to be considered the best horror/thriller movie of the year?
Throw in a little handheld camera work, mumblecore dialoge and proceed to bathe in positive critical reception?

Sprinkle a little high school grade psychology on top, a little bit Lord of The Flies, a little bit The Shining, now it's a mature horror for the mature viewer?

I just dont get it man.
>>
i could of made a better movie than this just on my own property with my old samsung phone and a few spare hours a true 0/10 film fucking trash
>>
>>87337709
>could of
Cannot even write a grammatically correct sentence. I would like to see you fucking try.
>>
Reminder that the segment where the woman vomits into his mouth is his unreliable recollection of him giving her his black seed.
>>
>>87337830
muh grammar neck yourself cunt
>>
>>87336843
They did a great job with the atmosphere but the end was incredibly unsatisfying. The dream sequences were kind of over used to, felt like mislead in trailers too much.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.