[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 407
Thread images: 59

File: 1504543853768.jpg (117KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1504543853768.jpg
117KB, 1920x1080px
Why Does This Town Have So Many Middle-Aged High Schoolers Edition

https://pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Meanwhile: >>87334315
>>
Watching not only series 3, but the entire previous two series' comprehensively trashed by the finale has left me feeling - and I'm not exaggerating - utterly sickened. That blood-freezing scream at the end underlined that we have willingly subjected ourselves not to a dream, but an 18-hour waking nightmare. Kind of reminded me of the mother's scream at the end of the film Threads - a black howl of despair and hopelessness. Episode 17 was poor, but episode 18 really took the biscuit. One of my main criticisms of the show was that it was only tangentially connected to Twin Peaks. Episode 18 had no connection whatsoever to Twin Peaks. I think that it's safe to say that Lynch was taking the piss the entire time.

It's difficult put into words how utterly furious e17 made me. Bu retconning the story so that Laura Palmer never died, Lynch effectively ripped the heart out of the original show. How are we supposed to view the original, in which so much was invested over so much time, in light of the revelation that it, in effect, never happened in the first place? It turns what was a tragedy into a minor inconvenience and effectively wipes the whole narrative from existence. Remember how upset fans of The Simpsons got when they were told that Principal Skinner was an imposter all along? This is even worse. People have grown up with this story, and to callously destroy it in this manner is just cruel and mean-spirited.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

What about the implication in e18 (surely one of the worst conclusions to any television drama ever) that every single thing we have ever known about Twin Peaks was nothing more than a figment of someone's imagination? Sheriff Truman, Hawk, Andy, Lucy, James, Donna, Laura, Bobby, Mike, Nadine, Ed, Norma, Hank, Leo, Jacques, Jean, Blackie, Jerry, Ben, Audrey, Cole, Albert, Pete, Catherine... haha, they never existed! The joke's on you!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7TT4jnnWys

ben had so much pep
>>
Carrie Page's reality is just the future.
It's the same timeline as when she disappeared and didn't die.

Coop would be dead by then probably, so he's in a new body. Richard's.
>>
>>87336203
And all that is before we get to the criticism of the main nuts-n-bolts of the two shows. Chad's non-story came to a conclusion. Bet we're all glad that one was resolved, eh? Dribbling Jail Boy spent most of his time looking like Steve Buscemi at the end of Fargo, then vanished. Naido turned out to be the real Diane. Why? Who cares. Green Glove Mockney Boy thunder-fisted BOBall into... somewhere. Didn't see that one coming. More crappy CGI. NeoDougie went home and lived happily ever after. Cole turned into Basil Exposition while Tammy just sat there and stared like a cat that had just been shown a card trick. Cooper and Diane (or were they?) took a romantic trip together because hey, nothing says "Twin Peaks" like an over-extended fuck scene in a shitty roadside motel, right? We even got some tit action from Laura Dern! Whoop, Lynch! You da man! Philip Jeffries is still a teapot with a strange accent.

And, in the end, Cooper is no-one, nothing, nowhere. A more depressing and downbeat ending it would be hard to imagine. It makes s2's climax look positively hopeful by comparison. I know for certain that I will never even think about watching this series ever again, life is just too short. I'm determined to expunge the experience of this show from my memory. The Twin Peaks I knew and loved is still there for me to revisit. I'll pretend none of this ever happened, if I can. It seems that returning to Twin Peaks was a fool's errand, on the part of both the creators and the audience. We were stupid to think otherwise. As Cooper just found out, you really can't go home again.

Peace.
>>
can we do /TPG/ dubs the sheriff's office scene?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-07-26-05h56m58s895.png (1MB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-07-26-05h56m58s895.png
1MB, 1280x738px
>>
File: 1504579025618.jpg (154KB, 1052x1397px) Image search: [Google]
1504579025618.jpg
154KB, 1052x1397px
IS IT FUTURE? OR IS IT PAST?
>>
I doubt that Season 4 will ever happen but can you imagine how BTFO the Lynch elitists would be? The ultimate Lynching.
>>
Laura is the KEY
>>
Just finished the last episode. So this is how it feels getting lynched
>>
>>87336258
Unfortunately, no.
>>
could it be that the lodge spirits betrayed coop?
they had no use of him after they defeated BOB and we know that lodge spirits are out for themselves
the giant fed coop false info about richard and linda
>>
File: 1504242614351.jpg (53KB, 750x692px) Image search: [Google]
1504242614351.jpg
53KB, 750x692px
>>87336245
>linear frost-poster doesn't understand anything
Boy, am I not surprised
>>
>>87336277
>I doubt that Season 4 will ever happen
Season 4 IS happening. Don't give up.
>>
File: 1504573753165.jpg (212KB, 1280x812px) Image search: [Google]
1504573753165.jpg
212KB, 1280x812px
for the anons a couple threads back that were singing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hBk1esFe2U
>>
>>87336245
>"POO POO PEE PEE!!"

Brainlet detected.
>>
>>87336298
w-why?
>>
>>87336203
I do think you bring up a good point about making it so Laura Palmer never died, however I don't think that's what happened. It's what people assume on the surface but really it wasn't the case.
>>
File: criterion_fwwm.jpg (203KB, 1500x811px) Image search: [Google]
criterion_fwwm.jpg
203KB, 1500x811px
>>87336148
Am I the only person who got LYNCHED the hardest by the fact that having her wear a wig in FWWM wound up coming full circle with it being in this scene as well?
>>
>>87336319
I think it's more that their grander interests aren't necessarily immediately palatable to us.
>>
>>87336245
I know everyone is going to jump and holler like monkeys saying "LYNCHED LELELEL" but I am disappointed that so many characters didn't really get more screen-time that went instead of long silent driving scenes and fucking.

It makes a number of scenes feel too superfluous to be included, even in a "they exist to build atmosphere" sort of way.
>>
>>87336245
Damn
>>
>>87336265
>tfw the mitchums don't exist anymore thanks to cooper ;_;
>>
File: commando.jpg (72KB, 630x340px) Image search: [Google]
commando.jpg
72KB, 630x340px
REMEMBER JERRY WHEN I PROMISED TO KILL YOU LAST
>>
>>87336148
retard here, what was the significance of Cooper asking what year is it if it's clearly near the present and time didn't really have anything to due with it
>>
Overall, this is the worst piece of trash ever to be broadcasted on television. If I was Showtime, I would be embarrassed to have this pathetic excuse of a story amongst its programming. This was 18 hours of senseless scenes and story lines filled with the worst acting I have ever seen. For all you DL fan boys who claim this is art; well I guess if I was to take can of black spray paint and just spray the canvas randomly, that would be art, too. Here's a news flash: IT'S NOT.. and neither is Twin Peaks The Return. What this season did was to destroy the mystery of the series and the movie, FWWM. I said this when I first heard there was going to be a season 3, and I'll say it again.. David Lynch and Mark Frost should have left it alone. The story of Twin Peaks was perfect before this piece of crap was released.
>>
>>87336393
Nope. This has been confirmed false. The reddit theory is wrong.
>>
>>87332987
Yeah, fanservice would be Coop and Audrey having a scene together. The only Diane the audience has known before the finale was a tulpa.
>>
>>87336348
cease and desist from the last dubbing
>>
>>87336206
>parents wont share their weed
>Jerry hates this and becomes a drug addict
pottery
>>
>>87336433
Chalfont/Tremond
>>
The fireman wasn't guiding coop, he was warning him. Coop took it as advice and got fucked
>>
>>87336393
You didn't understand the episode if you think that.
>>
Beautiful art but bad Twin Peaks

I'll just consider this season a lodge dream and be content
>>
>>87336438
L A U N C H E D
>>
>>87336277
>Showtime orders a small amount of episodes, maybe 4 or so
>Tell Lynch to fuck off and it's pure fanservice after the first 30 minutes of the season resolve ep 18
>>
>>87336438
Jesus christ you're gay. No one cares what you think, literally no one.
>>
Remember when /tpg/ thought there would be a happy ending? Remember how you felt after watching episode 16 and how you thought Cooper was gonna do it, he was gonna save the day?
>>
>>87336500
He objectively did save the day though.
>>
>having to keep like 4 /tpg/s open at a time
>>
>>87336438
>well I guess if I was to take can of black spray paint and just spray the canvas randomly, that would be art, too.
It worked for Pollock
>>
File: 1495218530866.png (925KB, 724x800px) Image search: [Google]
1495218530866.png
925KB, 724x800px
>>87336426
I LIED
>>
Remember when everyone thought that piece of script in the Lynch Documentary describing the Monica Bellucci dream was going to be the ending of the series?
>>
>>87336527
this
>>
>>87336433
It was fifty years after Laura's original murder.
Laura was sent to Texas by Sarah in 2015 to hide her from Coop, and Coop spent years trying to find her with Diane.
Then they drove into the future and fucked to get new bodies.
>>
File: dale-cooper.jpg (91KB, 1600x1304px) Image search: [Google]
dale-cooper.jpg
91KB, 1600x1304px
Anyone else feel a deep and painful sadness over the fate of their husbando?

He was too qt, he didn't deserve this ;_;
>>
>>87336433
to show Cooper was so wrong and far out of his element that he thought what he did wrong was mistake what year they were in, which had nothing to do with it at all
>>
>>87336482
Wrong. It was specific instructions to specific places and people. If he didn't want Coop to be at [certainplace/certain time] he could have just not said anything about 430, etc.
>>
>>87336441
It wasn't fanservice, it was Lynchservice
>>
>>87336500
Remember when /tpg/ was freaking the fuck out last night because they thought Cooper was actually going to save Laura?
>>
Why would the house shut off all their lights when Laura screamed?
>>
>>87336433
>>87336481
Also Marty's RR Cafe
>>
>>87336552
He asked for this.
>>
>>87336439
>confirmed false

source.
>>
>>87336500
i believed it when coop tooke her by the hand in the forest
then she disappeared, i realised we still had 1 hour and i prepared myself for the lynching
>>
>>87336587
She was waking up from the dream.
>>
>>87336552
Coop was special needs, this is the fate of all of those types.
>>
>>87336552
He was a qt, but in the end, he was just a man, and he wasn't enough.
>>
>>87336491
Showtime knew exactly what they were getting. Lynch gave the the complete script before production began and they read it. When Lynch pulled out over budget/length reasons, Lynch gave them his approval to do it without him. Showtime said they had no interest in doing it without him.
>>
>>87336527
unironically correct
>>
Oh god I'm so depressed at how bad it was
>>
>We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
>We live inside a dream
>Laura is the one

When you dream a new reality, and live in that reality which is separate from the non-dream reality, you are no longer that same person that is dreaming, so who is the dreamer?
Ep 17 had the goofy capeshit happy ending, but Cooper's face superimposed over it was him realizing it is all a dream.
Carrie Page's reality was a dream, and Laura was the dreamer. She heard her mom call her to wake up the morning after the murder that didn't happen, and she realized she is Laura about to get raped by her dad again.
Fin.
Bravo L. Frank Baum
>>
>>87336554
This is not correct. He asked Laura this as part of a cue to get her to wake up out of the manufactured reality Judy had created for her. He thought taking her to Twin Peaks would snap her out of it but clearly the Tremonds/Chalfonte spirits tried to put doubt in Cooper and Laura by being in the Palmer house.
>>
File: IMG_0059.jpg (113KB, 780x520px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0059.jpg
113KB, 780x520px
Reminder that Lynch decided that there needed to be an entire scene just for Michael Cera to give a tongue-in-cheek Marlon Brando impression.
>>
>>87336591
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/twin-peaks-finale-explained-kyle-maclachlan-interview-1035013
Kyle says the Mitchum brothers are A-OK
>>
>>87336615
They thought they wouldn't be able to sell the show without him.
>>
well at least this show introduced me to this based song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb3H4_kITLk
>>
>Andy sees two Coopers in the Lodge, specifically exactly what DoppleCoop looks like
>he knows exactly what to do with Naido after getting out so he clearly remembers it
>meanwhile when DoppleCoop shows up he doesn't recognize him and falls right for it

Explain this. This alone tells me something is fucky about the whole series we still haven't realized yet.
>>
What was with the part in 17 where it blacked out and all of a sudden they're in the cellar? And where TF was that cellar?
>>
>>87336547
exactly as lynch intended. you got played, son
>>
>>87336552
hahaha he's literally retarded now being pulled 3 different directions mind fucked by the lodges and stuck in a never ending nightmare
>>
>>87336632
Bob is dead so she is waking up to a world without all that stuff that happened to her.
>>
So the script that Frost and Lynch wrote ended with part 17 and part 18 was just Lynch on his own making shit up, right?
>>
File: dale-cooper-fear-the-double.jpg (85KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
dale-cooper-fear-the-double.jpg
85KB, 1200x628px
I think I'm gonna cut clean now. I'm heading back to my studies tomorrow and there doesn't seem to be much to discuss that there hasn't already and it will be like that for a good while.

Farewell, /tpg/. It's been a ride. (Pic is evil Cooper)
>>
>>87336615
Can you imagine what we would have gotten without Lynch?
>>
>>87336527
him and laura/carrie are trapped in a reality where they and everyone they ever knew and loved don't exist. how did he even remotely save the day?
>>
anyone else change their opinion on the final scene after rewatching it
it is really well acted and sheryl lee is still one of the best screamers
>>
>>87336643
It was great
>>
>>87336551
I don't understand this. What indicated that? How would Cooper not be dead after another fifty years?

>>87336634
He didn't ask Laura though, he said it to himself with a shocked expression on his face.
>>
>>87336695
They're not trapped.
>>
>>87336634
why are you assuming judy created an alternate reality for them? because she hit her picture with a glass bottle?

it makes more sense that judy is enraged that laura, the thing that will defeat her, is out of the timeline, hence how literally every other subtitle on that scene is [wailing]
>>
>>87336695
They're not trapped in reality, they were trapped in a dream manufactured by Judy, Cooper saves Laura and wakes her up at the end.
>>
>>87336566
I was agreeing.
>>
>>87336700
Why was Alice constantly glaring at her?
>>
>>87336692
thank god summer is over
it was nice shitposting with you anon
>>
>>87336700
Story/closure-wise I might not have been a big fan but yeah Sheryl knocked it out of the park regardless.
>>
>>87336657
Andy is still kinda dumb
>>
>>87336649
It still would have had his involvement. He would have had to be Gordon Cole. He would have still had writing credit. He just wouldn't have directed every episode, like the first season.
>>
>>87336500

There was a happy ending though: Bob is no more, Dougie is home with his family, Ed and Norma are finally together, and everything worked out for the police and the FBI and the Mitchums. As for Cooper, Diane and Laura, it's not a bad ending, rather, it's a lack of an ending- they've moved on to a different struggle in a different time and place. Sure, there's the horror of knowing that the struggle against Judy will never end, but at the same time, the characters we fell in love with are more or less okay.

Still hoping there's some Missing Pieces that give Bobby his happy ending though.
>>
why'd he deep fry the guns
>>
>>87336643
This is what people need to remember about Lynch

There are TONS AND TONS of scenes that he put in the show "just because" or because he had an idea even if it doesn't actually fit.

And he thinks it's more interesting for people to not know anything an argue back and forth about what they think is correct, than to actually give any kind of conclusion.

The viewers wanted television, but he gave them 18 hours of abstract art.
>>
>>87336717
>How would Cooper not be dead after another fifty years?
He took a new body.
Like, he came back to 2015, and couldn't find Laura, so he and Diane went looking and eventually drove to the motel to fuck and become new people in the future.
>>
>>87336734
Cooper entered this manufactured reality the morning he wakes up as Richard, Judy was trapping Laura there and Coop entering that reality to save her set off Judy/Sarah Palmer because she knew she had lost.
>>
Anyone else kind of developed a thing for older women based on this show?

Was there even a woman in it under 35
>>
>>87336643
Out of all the Return this felt the most like Season 1.
>>
Imagine, for a minute, you're a redditor. You have this identity, and for weeks you've invested in that identity by arguing over events in Twin Peaks like you have some special insight. And then this finale happens, Episode 18, it happens and you're stuck. You've got this entire character written, and now Lynch did this to you, and you can't just say, oh, I was wrong after all, it's fucking garbage, no, you have to say it's even more brilliant than you can imagine, you're falling, you're over the barrel, you're grasping at wispy images in the steam from a teakettle to explain anything, any little peace, because what is totally intolerable is that your completely fake manufactured bullshit upboat identity look like a fool.

Lynch is amazing.
>>
>>87336668
You mean with the humming noise? That was the furnace area in the great northern hotel that Ben Horne kept hearing the noise from and told James and Freddie to go investigate. When james when down there he heard the noise and saw the door. But reported back nothing.
>>
>>87336657
We don't know how lodge knowledge works. He clearly starts remembering after Cooper walks further into the station.
>>
File: tremond.jpg (97KB, 610x319px) Image search: [Google]
tremond.jpg
97KB, 610x319px
>>87336752
she did in the movie too
>>
>>87336779
>yfw Lynch is here right now basking in all the arguments and debates about the meaning because it's what he really wanted.
>>
>>87336682
>Bob is dead
Bob wouldn't have been killed if Laura never died. So he is still alive.
>>
>>87336779
>michael cera mumblecore
>abstract art
>>
>>87336779
Rewatch those scenes and tell me they aren't hilarious and done for comedic effect.
>>
Did Lynch retcon what Judy is?

In FWWM Bowie says "Judy is positive about this" then goes on to talk about the meetings in the convenience store.
>>
File: 1122.jpg (678KB, 1520x1335px) Image search: [Google]
1122.jpg
678KB, 1520x1335px
>>87336692
Finally, the normie exodus. Don't let the door hit yr ass on the way out, son.
>>
>>87336736
so cooper no longer exists?

>>87336723
there's no indication otherwise. it ended on an extremely bleak and chilling note. seems like they're doomed to me.
>>
>>87336803
>he thinks the kettle was just wispy images
No it is where the truth can be found you just have to look.
>>
>>87336657
He saw Cooper with two different hairstyles.
There is no reason for him to assume that one is evil and it's the one with long hair.
>>
what did the mitchum brother mean by "one for the grandkids"? My mom seems to think it means that kind of superhero-esque fight is more for the younger ones, the grandkids of those who watched 25 yeara ago. I dont really agree or disagree though.
>>
File: IMG_2532.jpg (29KB, 518x284px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2532.jpg
29KB, 518x284px
Is stranger things just normie twin peaks?
>>
>>87336148
this scene was amazing
>>
File: 1498077192240b.jpg (34KB, 284x423px) Image search: [Google]
1498077192240b.jpg
34KB, 284x423px
>>87336832
>he'll never give a straight answer about what any of this meant
>>
>>87336883
no that's Northern Exposure
>>
>>87336752
>>87336831
SHE STOLE MY MARBLE RYE
>>
File: Sarah_palmer_2017.png (1MB, 671x799px) Image search: [Google]
Sarah_palmer_2017.png
1MB, 671x799px
I have to say, she never really truck me before, but Grace Zabriskie was great as Sarah. Probably because she's so much more important in Season 3, but there's something really horrifying about her, even in the scenes before you know she has some supernatural element to her.
>>
>>87336874
>there's no indication otherwise.
You know besides the fact she could hear Sarah Palmer saying "Lauraaa" over and over again and screamed when she remembered everything.
>>
>>87336874
Cooper's fate is left ambiguous. He could have exited the dream with Laura or he could be trapped there as Richard but effectively sacrificed himself to save Laura.
>>
please explain ending to me i am retard
>>
File: IMG_7998.png (130KB, 309x336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7998.png
130KB, 309x336px
Has Lynch said fucking anything yet? Why is he allowed to just be silent after this? He doesn't even act like twin peaks exists in his social media
>>
>>87336880
I just assumed he meant this will be one of those stories they'll tell to their grandkids.
>>
>>87336866
is this shopped
>>
>>87336812
james and freddie went there? what ep? totally.missed this
>>
>>87336803
>imagine, for a minute, you're a redditor.

You ask too much
>>
File: susan-parents.jpg (158KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
susan-parents.jpg
158KB, 768x576px
so this timeline is canon now
>>
>>87336893
Janine Turner was a QT but goddamn that show sucked
>>
>>87336689
I doubt it. They drafted out the entire plot together when it was originally slated as a 9-episode series; it's just that when Showtime doubled the billing Lynch expanded/padded out the story to add more personal flair/touches (read: driving scenes, scenes with people standing around not talking).

There is very little, even in the finale, that has the more esoteric pure dialog of Lynch that you'd find in say, Inland Empire.
>>
>>87336574
is there a link to that thread
>>
>>87336896
the supernatural shit kind of ruined her for me. she was better as a devastated & lonely human being who was drinking her life away
>>
>>87336989
>mfw george gets sent to the black lodge for throwing bread into the window
>>
So was Twin Peaks better when Lynch just directed the big episodes and other people fleshed out the characters in the middle episodes?
>>
>>87336914
Odessa's population indicates that the year was 2015-17, so sarah's voice from feb 1989 was likely a memory. therefore she got her memories back but she's still stuck in an alternate dimension.
>>
>>87336574
He did save Laura, simpleton.
>>
>>87336896
In hindsight, her scene at the end of Season 2 (where, seemingly possessed, she tells Major Briggs that she's in the Black Lodge with Cooper) makes more sense.
>>
File: 1504099734599.jpg (100KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1504099734599.jpg
100KB, 540x540px
>>87336651

are you 15?
>>
>>87336957
The scene where freddie tells james his story. The last thing they have to do is check the furnace before going to the Roadhouse. James goes alone. In a previous episode when Ben and his secretary are listening to the humming noise we hear her say that security didn't find anything. When james is down there (we can assume he's the security guard that was sent to check on the noise) we hear the humming again. Its the same place goes to and uses the key in the penultimate episode.
>>
>>87336938
That actually makes way more sense, Seems like he'd mean it that way too.
>>
>>87337050
>>87274062
>>
>>87336896
>There's something in the kitchen

CHILLS
>>
File: JUDY.png (75KB, 1026x766px) Image search: [Google]
JUDY.png
75KB, 1026x766px
>recording medium
>Judy is the tape recorder that Coop spoke into.
>>
File: 1183.jpg (145KB, 580x597px) Image search: [Google]
1183.jpg
145KB, 580x597px
>>87336883
Not even close. Too much familiarity, bad acting and empty nostalgia. Most of its limited charm lies only within the decade in which it is based.
>>
>>87336934
He doesn't care. Someone asked him if he watched the first episode when it aired and he starts talking about a table he's building.

He's like some savant or high functioning autist, or whatever type of person is stuck in their own world unable to really understand other people. He does what he wants and then leaves it up to the viewer to decide what they've just watched.
>>
File: 1504112207724.jpg (21KB, 853x462px) Image search: [Google]
1504112207724.jpg
21KB, 853x462px
>>87337144
IT IS ALL A RECORDING
>>
>>87336668
>Black out
Life is a dream, Cooper woke up and became a lodge magician

>Where was the door
Basement of the great northern
>>
>>87336387

know what you mean but still if they'd concluded even half of the smaller characters the whole episodes atmosphere would've failed

It was simply wrong to include so many characters with their own plotlines, it only works if you think it as a quick and fractured glimpse to world of modern twin peaks
>>
File: 1494639807477.jpg (42KB, 400x459px) Image search: [Google]
1494639807477.jpg
42KB, 400x459px
>>87336934
>he thinks Lynch gives a shit about anything besides his meditation scam

Anon...
>>
>>87337091
This. I think lynch tried to lynch the normies by scaring us with that scream, but that means Laura remembered who she was and the murder she went through in another reality. Coop seems scared, but after she realizes who she is, maybe they can make it back to the lodge together? Either way, it makes no sense for Judy to stop Coop at the door like that only to have laura remember right after. The only real thread left is if Judy can ever truly be defeated, she could just snatch up laura again, unless fireman intervenes.
>>
>>87337144
No, the tape recorder was Diane. Also jiao de means to scream in Mandrain.
>>
Ending reminded me of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter...So is the ending of this basically "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge"?
>>
that ending definitely lynched me hard

still sweating over it
>>
how much of laura's abuse did they intend for us to see as bob possessing leland or leland own actions? i mean with the scene in s2 with coop saying "into the light" i thought it was 100% posession but FWWM made me rethink stuff
>>
>>87336831

This ol' cunt is Judy.
>>
File: truck you.jpg (30KB, 532x668px) Image search: [Google]
truck you.jpg
30KB, 532x668px
>>87336896
>she never really truck me before
>>
>>87337210
Coop probably sacrificed himself to save Laura so she could fulfill her final confrontation with Judy.
>>
>>87337210
It wasn't just the scream, we hear the electric, scratching noise that the fireman warned cooper about right before laura disappears from cooper's grasp. THEN we hear her scream.
>>
>>87336858
Yeah

Originally Judy was Josie's sister

Then Judy just became a codeword for Laura

Now Judy is an Eldritch goddess (???)
>>
>>87337236
FWWM implies it was all possession. All Leland did was yell at Laura for not washing her hands.
>>
>>87337286
>Then Judy just became a codeword for Laura

When?
>>
>>87337199
It might have ruined the atmosphere I guess. I just think characters like Carl (remember when he mentioned Linda living in the trailer park?), Becky, Red, Ben/Jerry, and Audrey should have had more time to let their stories actually affect the larger plot. That was one of the strengths of the original show was how well the characters doing their own thing moved the story forward. I mean, in hindsight, we didn't really need to see uh, Beverly talking with her husband. Or all the roadhouse scenes. Or that guy talking about Chip.

I know people will mock me but this season has occasionally strayed into self-indulgence.
>>
>>87336929
Basic consensus is that
> Coop went to some sort of alternate universe/timeline/dream/whatever
> went to get Laura in that universe to explain how she's actually Laura Palmer
> Drives to twin peaks
> but then shit got fucked up or something and when Laura heard her name and screamed everything went dark
>>
File: 1495761525995.jpg (26KB, 276x368px) Image search: [Google]
1495761525995.jpg
26KB, 276x368px
>so after One Punch Man bashes paper mache Bob with his Hulk Hand we wrap it up with the clip show and Dale and Laura's hour-long road trip

Brilliant! The normies have truly been Lynched! The brainlets can not understand this tremendous artist!
>>
>>87336858
the convenience store is where spirits mingle
>>
>>87337284
Yup, same sounds we hear when Audrey wakes up from her "dream"
>>
File: 1181.jpg (216KB, 746x759px) Image search: [Google]
1181.jpg
216KB, 746x759px
Precedents are abundant, but uniformity amongst them is rare. The interpretation exists in the ambiguous, yet therein lays the indentured charge of his approach. To be Lynchian is to radiate elusiveness, and the enigma of what signifies Lynchian rationale lies in perpetuating unfamiliarity in that which was once familiar. Gnomic incantations and pronouncements resist the elucidative service and rationalist inclination of dialogue, gambling instead on sound design to evoke what lies beyond the language. The consequence of language is used less for meaning than it is for sound - particularly his curious, syntactically awkward predilection for abstract nouns. Words for Lynch are not just reductive; they are anathema.
>>
>>87336934
It's a holiday in the US (Labor Day) so nobody's announcing shit until tomorrow morning at the earliest.
>>
>>87336148
Imagine if her hand was your balls.
>>
>>87337174
Okay, but then why was Dian and Lynch down there with him? Just because?
>>
File: 1500397230157.jpg (112KB, 1042x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500397230157.jpg
112KB, 1042x1080px
>people think Cooper saved Laura
>people think Cooper sacrificed himself for Laura
>people think Cooper was some noble hero saving Laura from evil

>when all he really did was bring her back from the joy of her escape in death to the terrible life she was living

You guys literally got LYNCHED as bad as Cooper himself did in the end.
>>
File: 1503899856748.jpg (128KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1503899856748.jpg
128KB, 1280x960px
Missing Pieces confirmed
>>
>>87337336
It's why the monkey says "Judy" right as Laura dies
>>
>>87337360
Coop went to an alternate reality created by Judy to trap Laura there, making her believe she was "Carrie Paige"

Cooper's intrusion into the reality causes Laura to slowly start to wake up from this reality, the scream at the end and Sarah saying "Laura" is her waking up on the day she was supposed to have been killed, thus negating Judy's plan to stop the ONE who could defeat her.
>>
tfw lucy is 63 and i would hit it
>>
I've heard Riverdale is the spiritual successor to the original Twin Peaks, should I watch that now?
>>
How would you react if it was announced that there was one more episode to air next Sunday and that Lynch wanted it to be a secret so people would think this is the end and contemplate what it means. Then next week he gives you the true ending?
>>
>>87337438
whats this mean?
>>
File: IMG_0362.jpg (65KB, 891x594px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0362.jpg
65KB, 891x594px
Now that's it's over are you ready for the 3rd greatest show ever made?? (behind TP and sopornos of course)
>>
>>87337489
Is that Curb Your Jewthusiasm?
>>
>>87337168
>He's like some savant or high functioning autist, or whatever type of person is stuck in their own world unable to really understand other people.
Nah, he's just being coy because he doesn't want to explain anything.
>>
>>87337468
I'd watch it, but be a little disappointed at the news because I liked the ending.
>>
>>87337456
No.
>>
>>87337068
what's the deal with the arm? why does he do that weird sound with his mouth, he's an arm for christ sake, why does he need a mouth?
>>
>>87337438
>through the darkness of future past the magician longs to see
>this guy was a magician
HOLY SHIT
>>
File: pleb.png (827KB, 846x434px) Image search: [Google]
pleb.png
827KB, 846x434px
was this the pleb filters final form?
>>
>>87337511
Why yes it is. The only great Jew to ever Jew
>>
The birds fly freely in the air and sing their pretty songs while the stone sinks and brings us crashing back down to earth. Coop flew
>>
File: COCKSUCKER.png (262KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
COCKSUCKER.png
262KB, 400x400px
>>87337489
>behind TP and sopornos of course
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPuqT3_Hm-w
>>
>>87337489
seinfeld is significantly better than curb your enthusiasm
>>
File: 1499745551560.png (645KB, 760x661px) Image search: [Google]
1499745551560.png
645KB, 760x661px
>>87337489
Barrymore's Strike It Lucky got recommissioned?
>>
File: 1501170568936.gif (1MB, 738x761px) Image search: [Google]
1501170568936.gif
1MB, 738x761px
>>87337468
Though I like how it end
>>
>>87337409
When you're a lodge wizard you can bring anyone with you anywhere you want

>>87337424
This, Cooper's fatal character flaw is his obsession over Laura. He won't let her just stay dead even after BOB is killed, he tries to stop her from ever dying in the first place...getting himself lost in the dream.
>>
So Cooper tried to change the past to save Laura, but ended up throwing himself into an alternate timeline? Is that correct?

And what the fuck was with Audrey?
>>
>>87337540
>youtubers
>>
>>87337517
What if you like 19 even more?
>>
Why did everyone forget best girl?
>>
>>87337489
KK's Dekalog
Bergman's Scenes From A Marriage.

If you name a western show, you're a spewing pleb.
>>
>>87337550
Kill yourself please
(although seasons 3-5 of Seinfeld are 10/10 I admit)
>>
>>87337601
Supposedly, Heather Graham refused to fuck Lynch so she was pretty much written out of Twin Peaks entirely.
>>
>I understand
Did he actually understand any of this nonsense?
>>
>>87337557
>>87337578
>>87337424

It was the Fireman's plan to have Laura restore balance by defeating Judy, the reality we see at the end is clearly being manufactured by Judy and Cooper most definitely pulled her out of that reality at the end.
>>
File: 1172.jpg (213KB, 770x766px) Image search: [Google]
1172.jpg
213KB, 770x766px
>>87337602
They're both exceptional, truly, but we both know you're trying way too hard.
>>
>>87337550
This

Tight script>improv any day
>>
>>87337602
Bergman's Fanny Och Alexander is good too.
>western show
Both Sweden and Poland are considered the west. "West" doesn't just mean the US.
>>
>>87337602
literally kys, America is the peak of the world and art
>>
>>87337636
Good, she's a terrible actress.
>>
>>87337111
the same place coop goes to use the key?
>>
>>87337642
>It was the Fireman's plan to have Laura restore balance by defeating Judy
This is kind of stupid honestly. How the fuck is a high school girl supposed to defeat an ancient evil? I get that she has the golden ball scene or whatever but what makes you think that gives her super powers or some shit?
>>
>>87337602
>boomercrap
>>
Are you going to buy The Return on blu-ray when it comes out?
>>
>>87337665
American television is bottom of the barrel pleb fodder. Absolute anti-art spew. Way to out yourself as a bandwagoner who's unable to appreciate art.
>>
>>87337698
She's able to transcend reality like Coop and Jefferies, the high school girl is her mundane form.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHl_8WK8w3Y

It's really incredible how the finale gives you an entirely new perspective of old sequences

I want to say that doppelcoop was waiting for Jefferies at the hotel (as indicated by the silhouette when Jefferies checked in the hotel) and the timeline got distorted (because doppelcoop wasn't supposed to be there possibly?) by I assume Judy, because that moment was not meant to happen. So Jefferies must have disappeared to either the lodge or another timeline (that was never shown) and reappeared back to the "proper" timeline in a flash, completely spooking the bellboy. Jefferies has no idea what is going on, and realizing he feels completely out of place when that bellboy is screaming at him woke him up from a dream, and now he is a permanent resident of the lodge. So since he was travelling down a path he either wasn't supposed to go down, or doppelcoop fucked with the timeline in a way that completely sealed Jefferies' fate. I have no idea.

Jefferies also references a Judy when checking into the hotel, but i'd like to assume it's a coincidence that his woman's name is Judy.

I know i'm really just attempting to dissect non-canon segments, but Lynch obviously made these pieces to ultimately fit in the storyline at one point.
>>
>>87337602
Bergman is great. He made the original Mulholland Dr
>>
>>87337740
maybe
>>
>>87337284
Oh, shit. I forget that the sound had signifigance.

So "ELECTRICITY" is the medium through which inter-dimensional (reality-hopping?) happens?
>>
>>87337643
If I was trying, I wouldn't be enlightening you plebs with my taste. Most of you are lost causes.
>>
>>87337583
I'd watch it in case that happens, but on hearing the news I'd be disappointed because I already think it has a good ending and doesn't need another episode.
>>
>>87337658
formulaic horseshit that gets old after 3 episodes < naturally funny actors and comedians being themselves
>>
The one thing I'm most upset about is how we never got to see Jesse's new car.
>>
File: 1497758071317.jpg (27KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1497758071317.jpg
27KB, 601x508px
>/tpg/ right now
>>
>>87337753
lynch didn't intend any of this and you're working way too hard
>>
>>87337776
Electricity and the advent of nuclear power made it easier for the Lodge spirits to manipulate humanity.
>>
>>87337750
I guess that makes sense but why not just get her from the lodge? I don't really get that because she was in the lodge so why do they have to get her back in time? I just don't understand.
>>
>>87337601
Annie was basically emergency placeholder Audrey because of behind the scenes shit.

So she's where ever Audrey is now.
>>
>>87336689
Certainly feels like it, all the "it was a dream" storyline felt incredibly tacked on. Belluci was a nonsequiter, and Coops face being super-imposed over his dialog at 17 was a clear edited in post moment. But the biggest thing that makes it feel like a bid for S4 bait is how it literally reshows Coop dragging Laura through the woods again when there were zero "previously on" scenes like that in all of S3.

17 was the logical conclusion of nearly everything, 18 threw a new plotline at us from out of nowhere and then tied it into the plot with the Richard and Linda line.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-04_00-51-52.png (34KB, 941x254px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-04_00-51-52.png
34KB, 941x254px
>>87337801
>/tpg/ right now
>>
>>87337284
That's in Episode 17, no? Don't we hear that Laura scream three times throughout The Return: episode 1, 17, and 18. Wouldn't be surprised if, with the nonlinearity of Twin Peaks time, if all these things are happening synchronously.
>>
>>87337815
Cooper pulls her out of 1989 so her death and trapping in the black Lodge never happened.
>>
>>87337798
You didn't get to see his new car, he showed it to me after the finale ended.
>>
>>87337456
Abso-fucking-lutely not. The only thing that pulls off being inspired by twin peaks directly is Deadly Premonition.
>>
File: 1180.jpg (322KB, 887x768px) Image search: [Google]
1180.jpg
322KB, 887x768px
>>87337789
You regard Kieslowski & Bergman as enlightening? My friend, they are but a simple gateway to so much more.

Oh anon, bless you.
>>
Someone post the webm.
>>
>>87337841
But why can't Mike just give Cooper Laura? It makes no sense to me, I thought Laura found peace in the lodge so why is it necessary to get her in the past? I really don't get it.
>>
>>87337812
Not the OP but you're wrong.
>>
does the secret history of twin peaks support anything in the return? Like, would I understand some things better? or is it completely irrelevant in the long run?
>>
did anyone ever edit the ending of 18 with the eddie vedder song playing?
>>
>>87336736
after watching the episode 5 or 6 times, I have to say I'm leaning to this. The reality Cooper and Diane went to is clearly (at least to me) manufactured. They went into it knowing that things were going to be different and from Coopers behavior in this reality, one can see that he's not only aware that it is false but that he is still Dale Cooper and not Richard even though Diane faded into the Judy personality. When he meets Carrie Paige, she IS Laura Palmer even though she doesn't remember it. This reality is created by Judy to trap Laura. Seeing the Palmer house didn't trigger anything in her and the Chalfont woman attempted to further confuse them and make them unsure. When Cooper asks what year it is, you can tell that even Carrie/Laura doesn't know and when she hears the faint voice say "Laura" she awakens and screams and the reality winks out. Job done. She's awake.
>>
>>87337875
Laura was ultimately trapped in the reality we see in episode 18. Judy controlled this reality which is why MIKE is unable to just deliver Laura to Cooper so she can fulfill her destiny.
>>
Where did Laura go the first time she disappeared at the end of 17?
>>
>>87337789
Bergman and Kieslowski are entry level babby's first arthouse. You're the worst kind of pleb, the kind who thinks he's a patrician. KYS.
>>
>>87337890
Of course it is important but what is more important is Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier which is coming out on October 31, Halloween. Make sure you buy it!
>>
what happened at the police station after coop and diane teleported out? what was the conversation like?
>>
>>87337873
What's next, then? Don't stop talking now! I've already seen Polanski in drag - I just don't feel like there's anything more to film
>>
>>87337875
It was Leland who wanted Laura back not Mike. Mike isn't inherently good. He's half way between good and bad.
>>
>>87337874
Which one I have lots
>>
>>87337904
Yup, pretty coherent when you think about it.
>>
>>87337839
>>87337284
Her ep 17 scream is the same as the one when she's pulled away from the Lodge isn't it? We even hear the curtains flapping or whatever the noise is.

Once Cooper goes back in the lodge it starts repeating scenes from Episode 1, except Laura doesn't show up and Cooper even looks at her chair, expecting her to be there.
>>
>>87337930
Oh okay so Cooper didn't actually change the past he just needed to do that in order to enter the alternate world/reality and there he could find the real Laura? Is that what happened?
>>
>>87337890
Yes for $19.98 you get: TWIN PEAKS The Authorized Secret Historyâ„¢ going over the show and it's characters and the history and elaborate detail of the town.
>>
>>87337890
Everything in the secret history is flat facts. For example, you're not going to find anything about Judy or any information that will sway your interpretation of the events in the return. It provides a background on the Town, its supernatural elements, and the supernatural at large in the world of the show.
>>
>>87337977
Aw shit, forgot about that part, Leland knows she's somewhere else too.
>>
What was Evil Coops's endgame? Stay alive? Time travel?
>>
>>87337904
What does it mean when people say "she's awake" though? That's what I don't understand.
>>
>>87337904
is Judy the dreamer then?
>>
>>87338000
Yes, correct. Twin Peaks still exists in a different reality or "dream" that Cooper finally has woken Laura into.

>>87338047
No, Laura is.
>>
>>87336232
Are you saying he got…WINDOMINATED?
>>
>>87337956
>>87338008

Thanks Mark
>>
>>87338047
Sort of, Judy is pretty much a god and can create false realities (dreams)
>>
>>87337904
I like this. The voice clip of "laura" is straight up the same clip used from the pilot when Sara calls for Laura in the morning before she know's shes dead. Supports the idea that she is going to wake up into a world where she didn't die and Pete goes fishing.
>>
Did the Arm saying "nonexistant" have to do with Laura? What about "the story of the little girl"?
>>
I'm sore.

Lynch and Frost just spent 18 weeks fucking me.

The whole thing was a waste of my time.

The whole thing was pointless.

Unlike so many other people on the internet denying that this hasn't been one of the worst seasons of television ever, I think it was. Given the talents involved, this is absolutely a squandering of ability. And, all told, it used Twin Peaks as a method of creating a greatest hits collection of bits of Lynch's past career.

This was a real 'two fingers' to everyone. This was a cynical, hateful waste of time and effort.

It wasn't art; rather it was 'anti-art.'

David Lynch's work is dead to me now.
>>
>>87338038
There are multiple layers of reality going on, but since this is Lynch these fabrics of reality are called "dreams". Laura "waking up" is her breaking out of Judy's reality into the correct one.
>>
>>87337636
You realize that's a meme, right?
>>
>>87337959
Chad apologized, Andy set up the picnic, Wally rode in with his new girlfriend Judy, Dick brought everyone some drinks, Jesse showed off his new car and everyone had a good time.
>>
File: 1502823208221.png (181KB, 497x450px) Image search: [Google]
1502823208221.png
181KB, 497x450px
>>87338110
>>
>>87338080
Oh I'm not Mark. But honestly I hope the fans enjoy the show and the detailed rich history the showrunners have spent the last few years putting into it.
>>
The sex scene in part 18 wasnt supposed to be awkward and long, Lynch just never yelled cut. His giant boner for Dern cut off circulation to his head
>>
>>87338066
Okay so the only question is what happens after that? Did they beat Judy or what?
>>
>>87337904
what about the fact that the giant told Coop that electricity sound means Judy is coming/goign to do something. I think Judy could have grabbed Laura after that scream
>>
>>87337959
Punished Andy went down to the jail and brutally tortured Chad to death.
>>
>>87338111
But what is this correct one? Her actually being alive? I thought he disappearing from Cooper in the woods was a sign he couldn't save her.
>>
>>87338000
Pretty much, Cooper didn't fuck up anything. He did exactly what he needed to do. Giant was playing 4D chess with Judy the whole time. He knew Coop would try to save her, knew Judy would pull her away, and gave Coop the information needed to find Carrie-laura in her dream and ultimately he woke her up. Judy is now actually in danger as the dreamer is woke and off to fulfill her Dragonball destiny. It's a terrifying final scene, but the good guys got a huge win in the end.
>>
>>87337959
Doesn't matter, it never happened.
>>
File: 5460054.png (199KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
5460054.png
199KB, 853x480px
>>87338037

To meet Mother/Experiment/Judy/Sarah. When he gets to the coordinates we see that he is about the be transported to the Palmer house (where Judy is), but then the Giant goes "Nope" and sends him to the Sheriff Station instead, where he gets killed.
>>
>>87338149
That part is left ambiguous. Laura is definitely free from the dream to defeat Judy but Cooper's fate is left unknown, he might have sacrificed his reality/mind/sanity to save Laura but we might never know.
>>
>>87338166
You didn't understand the episode.
>>
File: REEE.png (445KB, 957x538px) Image search: [Google]
REEE.png
445KB, 957x538px
SHE WAS WARNING COOP FROM THE BEGINNING TO STOP
>>
>>87338019
So it's more an overview of what Albert knows? As in, FBI dossiers?
Not so much Gordon, since he knows about the judy plan after the jeffries incident.
>>
>>87338187
Enlighten me, Mr. Lynch.
>>
>>87338166
The "Twin Peaks is a figment of someones imagination" theory has already bee debunked nerd.
>>
>Julee cruise gets jyped and cut off early.

I waited 17 parts to see her, fuck off Lynch
>>
>>87338157
Her disappearing in the woods was Judy's final attempt to throw Cooper off but he's intuitive and familiar with the Lodge and its spirits now so he knows that she's been taken to a manufactured reality. It's hard to say which one is the "correct" reality because the lodge denizens can literally conjure up new realities at will.
>>
File: 1495676111842.jpg (57KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1495676111842.jpg
57KB, 645x773px
>>87338110
Pretty much this. How can anyone actually be satisfied with that ending? Just compare that shit with the incredible ending to season 2.

Everything after the cancellation is just a pretentious Lynch wankfest.
>>
File: 1455239492463.jpg (348KB, 1000x1926px) Image search: [Google]
1455239492463.jpg
348KB, 1000x1926px
>>87337740
Probably, hopefully it will have good special features
>directory commentary
>cast commentary
>extra or extended scenes
>>
>>87338170
Yes, it was irrelevant as you said. It's also a terrible song with a nostalgia-bait title
>>
>>87338110
> a greatest hits collection of bits of Lynch's past career
Sums it up pretty nicely. I was thinking this the whole season.

Can someone make an image comparing scenes from his other works to this season?
>>
>>87338110
Do you get tired of posting the same "fuck lynch" post over and over?
>>
>>87338216
Read this fucking thread, lazy
>>
>>87338216
Just because Cooper/ Richard went to the dream reality where Laura was doesn't mean the other one was a dream. Those were two completely separate realities.
>>
>>87336347
>has no argument but a childish strawman
>calls someone else a brainlet
>>
>>87338216
>>87338227
>>
File: IMG_3750.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3750.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
>>87338206
Why is someone so cute also so good at bloodcurdling screams
>>
>>87338219
Part 18 didnt even run for the full hour, what the fuck is wrong with Lynch
>>
Someone explain the glass box from the first episode.
>>
>>87337841
>people actually think he saved laura and retconned the original series
>>
>>87338214
It's a collection of documents that are annotated by Tammy Preston. The documents themselves belonged to "the archivist" who was just Briggs.
>>
>>87338217
That's not what I was saying, dweeb.
Cooper saved Laura from being murdered, that means everything after that didn't happen.
Pete didn't report a body
Coop didn't go to Twin Peaks to investigate
etc. etc. etc.
Laura was sent to earth to die, in order for Hulk Hand to kill Bob.
Without the event of her death, all events that happened as a result wouldn't have happened either.
>>
>>87338308
Metaphor for the netflix/instant-gratification generation.
>>
File: julee.png (219KB, 502x531px) Image search: [Google]
julee.png
219KB, 502x531px
>>87338219

she wasnt happy either
>>
>>87338172
What wild happen if he met Judy though?
>>
>>87338286
he hates you
>>
>>87338311
He did, and the series wasn't "retconned" Larua was the one all along.
>>
File: 1487084587431.jpg (236KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1487084587431.jpg
236KB, 633x758px
>lol then Laura wakes up and isn't dead anymore and the whole show doesn't even happen now lmao
>...This concludes Showtime Presents: Twin Peaks: The Return
>>
>>87338311
We have no proof he didn't or did, if each universe still exists or what. That's why people are pissed, the dream storyline adds this question to the show.
>>
File: IMG_3332.jpg (196KB, 1024x697px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3332.jpg
196KB, 1024x697px
>we only got one episode of sherylkino and even then half the runtime was on Diane instead

I got Lynched into believing her third redhead character would be a pivotal part of the season. Fucking Lynch
>>
>>87338308
It was the Experiment.
>>
>>87336148
After last night's episode, the DUDE RANDOM LMAO meme really is on point. Lynch just films random shit and his fans try to think it has some deeper meaning.
>>
these threads have been so much better since vedderfags got BTFO
>>
>>87336245
>Cole turned into Basil Exposition while Tammy just sat there and stared like a cat that had just been shown a card trick.
i lol'd
>>
File: 1497301490927.jpg (194KB, 1080x797px) Image search: [Google]
1497301490927.jpg
194KB, 1080x797px
>>87338390
>>
>>87336657
and what happened to that vision he had of Lucy?
>>
>>87338400
vedderfriends will never be btfo
>>
I liked it
>>
>>87338265
I never said it was a dream
>>87338280
nah, too much "filling in the blanks" by some anon to consider that with any objectivity.
>>
>>87338311
If it makes you feel any better most of what is being posted ITT is conjecture with very little substantive proof. I for one don't think Cooper saved her but that he fucked up and her screaming was just Carrie remembering Laura memories and how horrific that life was
>>
File: wtf.png (27KB, 506x275px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
27KB, 506x275px
>>87338370

>responding to every comment

Please tell me this isnt her actual profile. Sad!
>>
>>87338388
I have been Lynched so hard I don't remember what that is.
>>
>>87338390
Do you get tired of posting the same "fuck lynch" post over and over?
>>
>>87338374
well I hate him too!
if you think Im going to let him have the rights anymore for his criterion release guess again buster!
maybe I can even revoke them for the intro in syndication
ha
if he didnt want to hear julee, then he wont hear julee
>>
>>87338435
6 more episodes in feb/mar
>>
>>87337687
Yes.
>>
>>87338373

No idea. If Judy is the origin of all evil, I guess he just wanted to reunite with his mother.
>>
>>87338347
But then why have the Dougie Reunion AFTER all of that was shown? It's pretty clear that the original reality is still there. On the bill hastings website he talks about alternate dimensions and the future as being the same thing. I think time doesn't work like you think in Twin Peaks. Really it is all about the dream and the lodge spirits seem to be dreamers of some kind. Basically the lodge exists outside of time because they exist outside of the dream. Going back in time is like going into another dream a world where it is the past instead of the present. Even in real life dreams time doesn't necessarily seem to follow the same rules as the real world. I don't know if that makes complete sense but I think it does.
>>
>>87338468
of 2019
>>
>>87336270
What year is this?
>>
>>87338219
I was honestly really disappointed that they didn't let her sing the whole song. I was so fuckin' hyped that she was going to actually perform, and I hoped it was The World Spins. Only one chorus then the ending, what the fuck

I wanted to wallow in the beautiful somberness goddammit
>>
>>87337550
Wrong
>>
Laura is the one = Laura is the dreamer
>>
>>87338484
no, of this year
>>
>>87338384
>>87338375
Bullshit.

He and laura got stuck in a worse place then the lodge. He didnt save her.

Only plebs and low iq think that.
>>
>>87338390
Can you tell me your secret, I want to know how you find the energy to post the same thing over and over.
>>
>>87338449
The only reason I don't think this is the case is because Lynch's history of "happy ending" films.
>>
>>87338450
why do so many people end up hating Lynch after working with him?
>>
Its been confirmed
>>
>>87338151
The giant only told Cooper to listen to the sounds and then said it is in our house now. The giant speaks cryptically and I think this could mean that Judy has entered into the white lodge and taken laura.The sound came when laura disappeared from Coopers grasp when he was leading her away in the woods. He then tells him to remember 430 and richard and linda two birds with one stone. Again because the giant always gives clues not direct answers, I think he is giving Cooper the solution to getting Laura away from Judy. Cooper and Diane travelled 430 miles. Went into the false world became richard and linda (at least diane did) and cooper rescued Carrie/Laura from Judy
>>
>>87338488
it's the current year
>>
>>87338510
>stuck
Love this meme. He deliberately went to this place as per the Fireman's instructions. It was the last resort after saving Laura in the woods failed initially.
>>
>>87336203
>haha, they never existed!
Correct. They're fictional characters, they don't exist and never have existed.
>>
>its all dreams on top of dreams on top of alternate realities

This kinda bugs me in a way that the S2 finale didn't in that even though that was confusing and ended on a cliffhanger, most of it was discernable and the cliffhanger was a question of what would happen with Cooper from here. With this finale, you can't even discern what was real or relevant to the main reality of the show, and the cliffhanger was a question of "what happened at all, and was any of this real?"
>>
>>87338510
Nigga, how do you know lol
>>
>>87338311
Low IQs only think this, senpai.
>>
>>87338510
And your proof is???
>>
>>87338098
>>87337904
but if coop was successful in saving laura and she does wake-up what happens to him? why did he look so distressed and mentally broken as he asks himself what year it is?
>>
>>87338478
Almost like the dream segment of the show was an afterthought thrown in because Lynch and frost wanted a cliffhanger to come from out of left field. The dream narrative is completely off base from what the entire series has been about and was implemented in a very ham-fisted way.
>>
>>87336270
wtf
the internet didn't even exist in its current form in 1990
>>
>>87338537
Because Lynch is a terrible human being.
>>
>>87338449
But why does the power fail? Something must've happened.

But does it even matter? Who cares? Just pretend the magician and Audrey teleported to Cooper and not Laura, and told them that dreams are speaking and fish are flying and then the credits roll two minutes later than they did. It would make as much sense as anything else in the show...
>>
>>87338537
>so many people
>some fucking midget and some lousy singer
>>
>>87338436
I have a happy surprise for you in the next thread friend
>>
>>87336270
JAMES HATERS LYNCHED 25 YEARS STRAIGHT
>>
>>87338435

he remembered to tell lucy to stay there but he didnt move her away he let her shoot Booper
>>
>>87338566
https://vocaroo.com/i/s1AeYNMqbkWl
>>
>>87338581
Honestly I think if he just didn't have the scene with Laura in the past everything would have been fine. Seriously you could just cut that part out and everything would still work. Basically after Cooper opens the door with the room key you could skip to 18 with the lodge scenes and you wouldn't really be as confused.
>>
>>87338570
Explain how he didn't save Laura, ascended one.
>>
File: 91.gif (1MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
91.gif
1MB, 2048x2048px
So /tpg/ how long until we get a movie with 6+ hours of filmed content FWWM style that addresses none of the questions raised in part 18?
>>
>>87338604
Besides Tammy and the guy that plays Gordon Cole, the entire surviving cast is pretty butthurt about season 3, anon. Even Kyle doesn't sound thrilled about how it turned out.
>>
>>87338537
Because people often feel more entitled to something than they actually are. MJA and JC are bit players, both of whom no one would give a shit about if it wasn't for Lynch and/or Badalamenti's score.
>>
File: 1499352089439.png (259KB, 728x843px) Image search: [Google]
1499352089439.png
259KB, 728x843px
>>87338635
>It's happening again.
>>
Who was the alien
>>
>>87338635
about 6 months
>>
>>87338637
Proof?
>>
I think I can honestly say 18 Lynched me harder than 8. That is quite the impressive feat.
>>
>>87338652
Tracy and Diane's back
>>
Am I the only one who liked 18 much more than 17? I liked 17 until Cooper goes back in time that part just pissed me off. But then 18 completely ignores all of that and goes into dream land so I liked it better.
>>
>>87338555
>i dont agree therefore it is a meme

Obviously they got placed in that new dimension/world by Judy to prevent them from succeeding. Naido was probably a minion of Judy. Thats why btfo of cooper...thus the freeze frame transparent shor
>>
>>87338637
Who else is upset? Please post links and or screencaps
>>
>>87338541
didn't Cooper even say "two birds, one stone" just like the giant did in the opener of this season? Someone help me out, did he mean save Laura, stop judy, as two birds one stone?
>>
>Actors died during production
>They died thinking it would be good
>>
>>87338628
I'm not going to listen to this but I assume you're screaming LYNCHED or something
>>
what kind of sci-fi show is this?!?
>>
Is Judy the midichlorians of Twin Peaks?
>>
>>87338723
damn fine
>>
>>87338691
>Obviously they got placed in that new dimension/world by Judy to prevent them from succeeding.
So you're saying you missed the entire scene with Coop and Diane in the car. And the conversation with the giant in episode 1.
>>
>>87338731
Its the Force Tree
>>
We are the memers who meme, and live inside the meme. But who is the memer?
>>
>>87338731
Yes. I miss when it was just BOB, MIKE and his arm, and some doppelgangers of people trapped in the lodge.
>>
File: IMG_3755.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3755.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Was the entire season part of a dream or just episode 18?
>>
>>87336203
>>87336245

I wish I had the time to properly respond to this. All I can say at the moment is that your perception of this show, and your perception of what the ending represented, is massively different than mine. Well, I'm glad I enjoyed it, I'm sorry you didn't.
>>
>>87338629
I'd argue him walking Laura through the forest for her to disappear is the best end the show could have done. Laura needs to die and this would have been the universes way of revealing that sad fact to Coop. He gets to stand there in the woods, watching the curtains blow in the wind as he hears the same song he did 25 years ago plays as he realizes the futility of what he's trying to do. It's a very melancholy end that sticks with the core story but still leaves the creeping evil, and good in play. I wanted the show to end there, it had purpose in that moment.
>>
>>87338704
yeah he did. at least thats what cole said he told him. I'm going to have to watch this a couple more times and figure this out. lol. got to admit thats what I love about lynch. multple viewings reveal more clues.
>>
>>87338763
asian moot
>>
File: 1494736654876.jpg (18KB, 248x189px) Image search: [Google]
1494736654876.jpg
18KB, 248x189px
>Twin Peaks is just season 9 of Dallas

Bravo, Lynch.
>>
File: 1502150355091.jpg (484KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1502150355091.jpg
484KB, 1920x1080px
>>87338715

>they died thinking it would be good
>died not knowing that it would transcend kino
>>
is phillip jeffries the miles o'brien of twin peaks?
>>
>>87338817
Lol, retard.
>>
>>87338817
You...were...manufactured
>>
>>87338780
But there is no reason for him to try and do that. It happened 25 years ago and he has experienced so much more why would he cling to that. Only thing that makes sense is that he had to do it because the Giant told him to or else Laura whispered it to him. Actually that makes sense to me, Laura might have told him to do that so he could enter the other world or somethign fuck if i know.
>>
>>87338817

Frist!
>>
NEW THREAD
>>87338809
>>87338809
>>87338809
>>
>>87338723
HahahhahahahHahahHhHahahadsdhdjdlgkrfjkfijff
>>
>>87336203
I really enjoyed Part 18 but I had the same response as you towards End of Evangelion when I first watched it.
>>
>>87338848
He tried to do it because that has always been his most fatal flaw, he keeps trying and trying to spare her without realizing he can't and shouldn't.
>>
File: 1499652526758.jpg (369KB, 1200x890px) Image search: [Google]
1499652526758.jpg
369KB, 1200x890px
>>87338835
>>87338841
>>87338849
Buy my book damn it
>>
>>87336346
Okay, let's see...
I guess that I'm confused again...
Am I here, or am I there?
I don't know.
Over there, I'm everywhere.
I know that.
But here is connected to over there.
Is that right?
But then where is the real me, after all is said and done?
Oh, there is no real me.
I guess that's it.
I only exist inside those people who are aware of my existence.
But what about this me that I can hear talking right here and now.
It's me... isn't it?
This me that's talking.
Who is it...?
Who is me?
>>
>>87336574
>>87337091
>>87337210

My understanding is that Laura was saved in the timeline we are familiar with, but on an inter-dimensional level, she is still in peril.
>>
I am so torn between whether that was good or bad ending.

Good things:

>Coop went exactly to where the Giant told him, right down to the address, and even gave him the clue "Richard and Linda" to let him know when he read that note after Diane sexy times that he was in the right reality.

>Laura's screaming means she remembers who she is

Bad things:

>Obviously Coop and Laura look upset as if what is happening isn't good

>the electricity spike from the house means Judy might be about to tear Laura from this reality again (and erasing Coop or at the very least making him have to save her again)

> Coop can't open the black lodge curtains like he wants to.

I don't understand why Coop is confused as to what year it is though. What significance does that have? Coop seems more defeated than he ought to be given the giant told him this would all happen.

I think after writing this post up that I'll believe that Laura woke up to the day after she was murdered and in doing so defeats Judy exactly the way the fireman wanted. I just don't know what that means for Coop. It makes the most sense that he just goes full Jeffries now.
>>
>>87339250
>I don't understand why Coop is confused as to what year it is though. What significance does that have? Coop seems more defeated than he ought to be given the giant told him this would all happen.

I think it was to show how completely disoriented Cooper had become. He didn't expect the new reality to be so different. But suddenly everything he thought would be true isn't. Laura isn't Laura. The Palmer house isn't the Palmer house. Cooper isn't Cooper. When he asks what year it is, Cooper has realized that literally everything he thinks he knows about this universe is false.
>>
>>87339250
rewatch season 1 and 2; asking extremely odd irrelevant questions is part of his detective process

in fact up until the big reveal of who the killer was I thought he might just be a very silly man completely incapable of actual policework and it was all a frustrating joke that we'd never find out and the killer would get away with it
>>
>>87336775
>why'd he deep fry the guns
Texas delicassie
>>
>>87339250
>Coop can't open the black lodge curtains like he wants to
I didnt think about that odd hand gesture he does until now
makes it even sadder that's he's trying to get more directions from Mike and he's all alone
>>
>>87339422
But wouldn't Laura's screams, as perturbing as they are, be a good sign? Coop seeing her havign memories or at least visions, of her murder or whatever she's screaming over, means he cna explain to her that she is Laura Palmer. I know he LYNCHED us, but damn what I would have done to see what happens right after it fades out.
>>
Active thread here

>>87338809
>>87338809
>>87338809
>>87338809
>>
>>87338488
>>
>>87338571
>And your proof is???
He doesn't need a proof because he said "only plebs and low iq" are of a different opinion. Checkmate, sir.
>>
>>87336206
No he didn't
>>
>>87336446
Sounds dubious to me.
>>
>>87340209
He did
Thread posts: 407
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.