[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rank the Nolan films

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: MEMEnto.gif (2MB, 458x189px) Image search: [Google]
MEMEnto.gif
2MB, 458x189px
Memento > The Prestige > The Dark Knight > Inception > Batman Begins > Following > Insomnia > TDKR

Didn't see Interstellar or Dunkirk yet. We watched the first 4 movies in that list this weekend. I'm curious what everyone else thinks.

>inb4 CIA memes
>>
Decent list. I might put Insomnia higher and would seriously consider putting The Prestige in front of Memento.
>>
CIA memes
>>
>>87332469

Inception
Dunkirk
The Dark Knight
The Prestige
Memento
Batman Begins
Interstellar
The Dark Knight Rises
Insomnia
Following

Honestly, though, I've enjoyed them all and consider them all to be good movies.
>>
Prestige > inception > the dark knight > batman >>> rises
>>
>>87332539
I haven't seen Insomnia in a long time. I agree The Prestige is his best movie, but something about Memento edged it out for me. I dunno, you're probably right.
>>
if you can stay awake through a nolan film I will paypal you $5
>>
>>87332469
I think Memento is too much of a meme movie to be that high. The Prestige is my favorite for sure.
>>
>all these plebs ranking insomnia so low

It's a serious contender for the top spot, Jesus. The Prestige takes the top spot for me because it's a more complex story/better character arcs. More of an epic so to speak.

>The Prestige
>Insomnia
>Batman Begins
>Momento
>Inception
>The Dark Night
>Interstellar
>TDKR

Haven't seen Dunkirk so that's N/A
>>
>>87332469
The Prestige is literally peak Nolan
>Timeline shit done well
>Fast paced
>Twist on a common concept
>Competently made
>>
File: CIA.jpg (79KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
CIA.jpg
79KB, 716x768px
>>87332469
Bane?
a
n
e
?
>>
>>87332469
The Dark Knight > Inception > Batman Begins > The Prestige > Insomnia > Memento > Interstellar > TDKR

No Dunkirk yet, and Following doesn't really matter.
>>
>>87332469
>that .gif
>>>/r/eddit

also, nolan is a shit director.
i won't rank his films anymore than i'd rank the dog turds i've stepped in
>>
I'm both glad and actually kinda surprised that everybody agrees that TDKR is shit.
>>
File: IMG_2217.jpg (24KB, 342x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2217.jpg
24KB, 342x311px
>>87333333
>those digits
>>
>>87333333
For you
>>
Dunkirk > Memento > Inception > Batman Begins The Dark Knight > The Prestige > Interstellar > The Dark Knight Rises

Dunkirk is a solid 6 and it's all downhill from there, but the only one that's egregiously terrible is TDKR.
>>
Memento
Inception
The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
The Prestige
Interstellar
Dunkirk
Following
Insomnia
The Dark Knight Rises
>>
>>87332957
Insomnia has about 3 cuts per second, it's a hack job.
>>
>>87332469

1. Memento
2. The Dark Knight
3. The Prestige
4. Inception
5. Dunkirk
6. Insomnia
7. Batman Begins
8. Following
9. Interstellar
10. The Dark Knight Rises
>>
Prestige
Interstellar
Batman Begins
Memento
TDK
Dunkirk
TDKR
Inception
Insomnia

Havent seen following
>>
File: IMG_0348.jpg (11KB, 650x216px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0348.jpg
11KB, 650x216px
>mfw so many lists without The Prestige in the top 2...
>>
>>87333333
It was very dumbed down for a Nolan film. The subtlety was gone. The thematic messages of the first two were gone too

There was just a big bad (Bane) with a nuke. It was very lazy
>>
The Prestige > TDK > Memento > Inception > TDKR > BB > Interstellar > Dunkirk > The Following. Insomnia(dogshit)
>>
File: nobeef.jpg (10KB, 302x300px) Image search: [Google]
nobeef.jpg
10KB, 302x300px
>>87333333
>in a world...
>where digits like these go unnoticed
>>
File: I like this S.png (284KB, 903x713px) Image search: [Google]
I like this S.png
284KB, 903x713px
>>87333333
It was shit. For you.
>>
>>87333978
Excessive cutting doesn't inherently mean hack work. In this case it definitely does though.
>>
>>87334098
The one thing that makes me rate it a little lower than I should is because of the literal teleportation machine.

Now, the machine itself isn't vital to the plot, it's merely a transport,so that's why I still think the Prestige is amazing
>>
File: 1500432831977.png (862KB, 1080x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1500432831977.png
862KB, 1080x1195px
TDKR is both ironically and unironically his best film. Absolutely iconic.
>>
If you're over the age of 17 and you point to The Prestige or Memento as "good cinema" I feel very sorry for you and your stunted development.
>>
FFS
TDKR dead last on so many lists?
It's no the greatest but leagues above Batman Begins imo and not that much worse than TDR.
Yes TDKR's ending was meh but FFS it was way better than the overwrought boredom of Interstellar.

Prestige
TDK
Insomnia
TDKR
Memento (overpraised gimmick movie #1)
Inception (overpraised gimmick movie #2)
Batman Begins
Interstellar

Not seen Following or Dunkirk yet
>>
>>87334578
Not one person ITT other than you used the term "good cinema". Only faggots use that term. I'm calling you a faggot.
>>
File: 1503978528654.png (427KB, 427x443px) Image search: [Google]
1503978528654.png
427KB, 427x443px
>>87333333
*train sounds as hot steam exits both your ears*
>>
>>87333333
UUUU
>>
>>87333333
DIGITS TOO BIG FOR YOU
>>
>>87334580
>gimmick
Nice buzzword, brainlet
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.