[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there no good movies about Jack the Ripper?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (421KB, 768x1049px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
421KB, 768x1049px
Why are there no good movies about Jack the Ripper?
>>
>>87326236
the micheal Caine one was okay
that Johnny Dept one (based on alan moore comic) was decent

I guess its because we didn't know who the killer was. Now that was know it was a Polish Jew , its not very interesting. It was just a schizophrenic lunatic
>>
>>87326236
what about Murder by Decree?
>>
File: hannah-with-axe.jpg (101KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
hannah-with-axe.jpg
101KB, 640x480px
this is now "Historical events that deserve a movie" thread
Ill go with Hannah Duston. Puritan from New England . Captured by indians...kill them all with an ax
Could be a good adventure movie. Noomi RapeFace as Hannah
>>
>>87326236
but there was, non. there was
>>
>>87326236
Read From Hell. One of the greatest graphic novels of all time.
>>
File: Trilby.jpg (31KB, 588x350px) Image search: [Google]
Trilby.jpg
31KB, 588x350px
>>87327287
>>
>>87326510
Is that....
>>
>>87326236
From Hell is okay.
>>
>>87326298
>it was a jew
>oy vey, we better stop making media about Jack the Ripper
>>
>>87326236
There's a TV series called Ripper Street.
>>
>>87327759
well its less mysterious and it wasn't a classy dude in a top hat and long cloak but a hobo jewish mental patient
>>
>>87328333
I thought it was H H Holmes?
>>
Because he's a good guy....
>>
>>87327499
Blahblahblah

It really is good. I don't care if Alan Moore does AMA's. He's a fucking great author.

The amount of research that went into that book is fucking insane. It's such an intricate tapestry of facts and theories about each of the murders. It's not just pulp fiction or pseudo-intellectual garbage.
>>
>>87326236
There was some HGWells' Time Machine movie where he's hunting jack the ripper through time, iirc. I think that was enjoyable.
>>
>>87328615
Sherlock Holmes didn't exist, loser. And he was a good guy.
>>
Because no one wants you to know the truth...there was no Jack the Ripper
>>
File: timeaftertime.jpg (433KB, 1382x2034px) Image search: [Google]
timeaftertime.jpg
433KB, 1382x2034px
>>87328816

That's Time After Time and it's as amazing as it is insane.

Nicholas Meyer is GOAT.
>>
>>87326236
t. Elliot Rodger
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.