[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is this the best tv show of the last decade?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: inbetweeners.jpg (51KB, 520x391px) Image search: [Google]
inbetweeners.jpg
51KB, 520x391px
why is this the best tv show of the last decade?
>>
>>87321515
Hell on Wheels
>>
Don't think any show has ever captured the life of the average male teenager so perfectly
>>
its funny, and its a realistic depiction of what many male teens went through in school, which is why its so popular - its relatable
>>
>>87322876
>average

Kek no. More like bottom 10%.
>>
>>87323203
the majority of people in school are inbetween the chad/cool kids, and the awkward unpopular nerds. no matter what you were there was still many attempts at trying to pull girls and failing embarrassingly, which this show portrays.

also everyone at school had a mate like Jay
>>
>>87323601
They are portrayed as hopeless losers though, not "inbetweeners" at all. They had to be losers because a show about kids playing football, CoD and average looking girlfriends would be boring af.
>>
>>87323732
this show was written by people before cod, or the internet was around. this show is largely popular with the older generation as well

meh theyre a bit of both. will is insufferable but its their personalities which make them fail with the ladies, which is my point that they dont fit in the undateable nerd category
>>
>>87323203
Should've clarified, the life of an average teenager who ends up posting on /tv/.

>>87323601
Exactly. It shows the reality of parties going wrong, attempts at buying booze while underage, terrible attempts at pulling girls, and male friendship at that age.

>also everyone at school had a mate like Jay
Absolutely. The most insecure guy trying to mask it by boasting about exploits you immediately see through is a fucking staple in teenage mates.
>caravan club
>>
>>87323956
The internet was around when this show was dude.
>>
>>87324054
no you misread, or i didnt word it properly, this show was written by a couple guys, about their teenage years, from before the internet and cod was around.
>>
>>87321515
I honestly think The Inbetweeners will go down in history for its portrayal of the male coming-of-age story.

I heard rumours that they were going to reboot it with a new cast but absolutely fuck off with that. Let it be remembered for what it was.
>>
>>87324576
awful idea. its only been a few years hasnt it? see the response to the american version

this is just one of those perfect shows with a perfect cast. cant be remade with the same quality

hate this desire to remake everything due to lack of new ideas
>>
File: inside-no-9-first-season.19009.jpg (211KB, 680x1000px) Image search: [Google]
inside-no-9-first-season.19009.jpg
211KB, 680x1000px
>>87321515
Because you forgot that Inside No 9 exists.
>>
>>87325211
I completely agree. Reboots are always terrible, and The Inbetweeners isn't even that old. Like I said, fuck that idea and let it be remembered for what it was.
>>
>>87325434
My. Fucking. Man.
Inside No. 9 is the best thing on telly. I cannot stress enough how completely and utterly brilliant it is. Nothing surpasses it in my opinion.
>>
>>87325434
Mein negger
>>
>>87321600
are you me?
>>
I don't remember anyone being that obsessed with sex. Or if we were we didn't talk about it that much. We tried to get with girls, but we weren't very open about it most of the time because this stuff is embarrassing when it's your life.
>>
>>87323601
My group was off the social ladder, never represented in any of these shows.
The "weird" ones who can satellite any other group whenever they wanted but didn't really belong.
Pretty much on everyone's good side, unless they're cunty and can't take a joke, but even then their friends would stick up for us.
Outsiders doing our own mad shit, somewhat inspired by jackass.

>>87325841
Sucks to be you lel.
We fucking hated the restrictions of social etiquette, where you have to pretend you give a shit when you don't, or you're not allowed to say X or Y.
Soo boring and pointless.
Sucks to be me, I'm still a virgin
>>
>>87326383
watch out he's edgy
>>
>>87326383
same here tbqh
>>
>>87326383
>My group was off the social ladder, never represented in any of these shows.
>The "weird" ones who can satellite any other group whenever they wanted but didn't really belong.
>Pretty much on everyone's good side, unless they're cunty and can't take a joke, but even then their friends would stick up for us.
>Outsiders doing our own mad shit, somewhat inspired by jackass.

This sounds like the opening monologue of a cringe inducing teenage drama. It also sounds like you were just a loser with delusions of uniqueness.
>>
>>87325434
This.
>>
File: fag.jpg (43KB, 481x463px)
fag.jpg
43KB, 481x463px
>>87327096
>It also sounds like you were just a loser with delusions of uniqueness
HARSH
>>
>>87326610
Yeah, it was fun shit but dumb shit.
Camera phones and youtube hadn't taken off yet soo that's a shame.
But at the same time I cringe whenever I see an old picture of myself.

>>87326861
When did you stop?
Personally it changed with my social environment.
A clean slate so I tried something new.
First year I ramped up the self-indulgent ironic autism and it led to isolation.
Second year after another clean slate, I dialed it down a notch along side the "fucks I give" and it accidentally turned me into "the cool kid".
Kinda just stuck with those divulgence, honesty and conformity setting ever since.
I'd get mad pussy if I wasn't crypto-autist.

>>87327096
Naa bro, we had too much self awareness to be losers.
We had the grades to be "nerds", but were way too adventurous.
The easiest way to describe it is to point towards Ice Poseidon.

>>87327366
Naa, he sees what he sees.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.