[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jesus Christ, that was depressing Not just the fact that the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Game_of_Thrones_Season_7.jpg (81KB, 300x445px) Image search: [Google]
Game_of_Thrones_Season_7.jpg
81KB, 300x445px
Jesus Christ, that was depressing

Not just the fact that the show's ending, but that they're doing such a colossally shit job of ending it.

Unjustly breakneck pacing; no plot thread was adequately developed or built up. Major plot points were just dumped with little to no groundwork. Character development treated the same way.

>Second battle at Highgarden abruptly and completely skipped
>Jon's lineage just randomly confirm-dumped in a random conversation with no further build up from s06
>Next to zero exploration of how Viserion the Dragon's death affects Daenerys psyhologically
>Zero hinting/character development of the Stark girls discovering and/or orchestrating Baelish's plot
And perhaps worst of all:
>Superficial and sparce sequences to show Jon and Dany getting close. The relationship on-screen is completely contrived and substance-less

Why are they rushing the endgame so much?

inb4 >>/got/
Asking re irl production analysis, not in-universe lore discussion
>>
>>87321204
Berserk Live Action's Femto looks great
>>
They have to wrap up the show before George R.R. Martin writes and publishes the last two books.
>>
>>87321204
Because they have no more source material and they know if they kept going after next season no one would watch
>>
>>87321204
no need to bait the hook once the fish are on the line
>>
>>87321204
Agreed completely. Purely from a logistical point of view the writing was really bad, like it was put together by high school students. That's ignoring the retarded directions that the story took.
>>
File: sapkowski_martin.png (18KB, 568x113px) Image search: [Google]
sapkowski_martin.png
18KB, 568x113px
>>87321281
>>87321291

They have a general outline, and the involvement of the original writer. Would it have killed them to take some creative license and fill the outline out in congruence with their own writing paradigms for the last 6 years? Yes, it could diverge from the books, but that's hardly the end of the world. Clearly, the universes of the novels and the TV show are not the same.

Similar to how CD Projekt Red analyzed and simulated Andrej Sapkowski's writing in their lore-chonologically successive Witcher stories. The games take from the books, but the two universes are separate. Sapkowski is free to do whatever he wants with any further novels - including completely disregarding CDPR's work - which he's vowed to do.

(Regarding The Witcher, it's pretty interesting to note that Andrej Sapkowski and George R. R. Martin, two grumpy genius gritty fantasy writers, are actually good buddies. They like to get drunk together.)
>>
>>87321204
Each episode was the length of a short feature length film
Season 7 alone is longer than all extended cuts of Lord of the Rings put together
I fucking hate what this generation has done to television, demanding endless filler.
show still sucks and always has, jesus christ this stuff would have been so much better if GRRM had ever gotten his fatass around to writing it
>>
GoT has always been shit. Where have you been
>>
>>87322999
What a waste of trips
This is a tv show not a movie turned into a show, it is supposed to be this long. Everything happens so suddenly, everyone in the show can teleport to everywhere now and theyre doing so many meaningless shit just to tie up loose ends. This is not the way
>>
>>87322999
>Each episode was the length of a short feature length film
The absolute length of the episodes are not the problem. It's the story content.
They basically increase episode time by ~20%, while simultaneously increasing narrative workload by ~200%
>>
>>87321204
Because the fat man wrote everything for them in earlier seasons, but now that he doesn't write anymore they don't know what to do and want to just finish everything up

It's clear as day D&D's favorite part of making the show was the Red Wedding, after that it's been all downhill from there
>>
>>87323175
>tv shows need 4x as much runtime as movies to tell a story
I'm not denying that the events feel weightless, but it's not due to the running length. You can tell a fucking epic story in this amount of screen time. You can cram tons of narrative and give that narrative its gravity. Look at BBC's adaptation of Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norris for example...
>>
>>87321204
I am kind of glad. I hate shows that go on past their welcome Breaking Bad
>>
>>87322435
>Andrej Sapkowski and George R. R. Martin, two grumpy genius gritty fantasy writers
My god how embarrasing
>>
>>87323839
>implying

Breaking Bad was great. The meme that it was anything lower than an 8/10 never worked or stuck. Drop the act.
>>
>>87324139
When did I say it wasn't? I implied it went on too long, which it did
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.