[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this movie really bad? I kinda want to buy the Bluray

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: ja.jpg (220KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ja.jpg
220KB, 630x1200px
Is this movie really bad?

I kinda want to buy the Bluray
>>
>>87306609
oh it really is
>>
>>87306609
do not
>>
>>87306609
I love this movie. Too bad they won't ever make a sequel. What a shame this had series potential.
>>
it's good
>>
>>87306609
This is a stupid teenage girl self insert pile of shit. Don't waste your money.
>>
>>87306609
I love Jupiter Ascending. I've always loved Jupiter Ascending,
>>
>>87306609
It is so fucking bad. It's like the worst hollywood movie made in the past several decades. Maybe worse than that.
>>
>>87306609
Bog standard 6/10 if you ignore the holes in the movie's logic.
It felt like a movie straight from 2004.
Also action scenes go like this: main character falling for 1 straight minute, guy with wings saving her at the last second. This happens several times and you're expected to feel tension as Mary Sue is falling and lover-with-wings is nearby but offscreen.
It also feels like the "origins" movie of some saga that is supposed to have 10 installments (but never will).
The plot is literally "THIS GIRL NEXT DOOR IS ACTUALLY THE CHOSEN ONE, QUEEN SHAMAQUADURKDURK, IT SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE! BUT IT IS SO!"
You jump from Palace of Gadudubus to Valley of Gabababas and none of it matters, everything has weird names and weird CGI shapes, there is a total of 5 characters in the movie, the rest don't even speak a line, and somehow there is "intrigue" in that we're told that the Power of Gablagugus belongs to character 4 instead of character 5.
It's short, weightless, paper thin plot, full of tropes and plot twists you see coming. All names and locations seem like they were made up on the spot.
I think "in the end it was all a dream" but I don't remember.
>>
>>87307070
No, in the end it was real but she went back to scrubbing toilets anyway.
>>
>>87306609
It's made by two degenerates.
>>
>>87306609
I couldn't make it past the first 20 minutes. It's really indicative of how much the Wachowski brothers' minds have deteriorated under the influence of estrogen.
>>
>>87306609
It's not as bad as some make out. I feel a good yard stick is John carter, if you like John carter you'll like Jupiter ascending
>>
>>87307380
>I feel a good yard stick is John carter, if you like John carter you'll like Jupiter ascending
Nice
>>
>>87307380
This is incorrect. It's well below John Carter. Sort of similar in the action and complete lack of logic though, it's like a really worse version of John Carter.
>>
Also, not sure if I remember correctly, but action scenes are ALL shaky-cam close ups.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>87306609
Literally a 1/10 movie
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.