[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 263
Thread images: 32

File: The Force Awakens.jpg (528KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
The Force Awakens.jpg
528KB, 1536x864px
>Michael Arndt wrote the first draft of the script, based on an George Lucas' ideas for a new trilogy centered on the children of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Leia Organa being caught in the conflict between the New Republic and the remnants of the Empire, but the studio wasn't satisfied with his draft and a new treatment was written by J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan.

>Brad Bird and Matthew Vaughn were reportedly approached to direct the movie before J.J. Abrams was selected.

>Elizabeth Olsen was approached for Rey, but couldn't commit due to scheduling conflicts with AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON. Saoirse Ronan and Shailene Woodley were also considered before Abrams cast Daisy Ridley.

>Alex Pettyfer, Ed Speelers, Matthew James Thomas, Jack O'Connell, Jesse Plemons, Dayo Okeniyi and Ray Fisher auditioned for Finn before John Boyega was cast.

>Chiwetel Ejiofor, James McAvoy and Joel Edgerton were considered for Poe Dameron before Oscar Isaac was cast. Early drafts featured him as a bounty hunter and later a Jedi warrior before he was made into an ace pilot.

>Poe would originally die in the TIE Fighter crash, but Abrams changed his mind after meeting Isaac. The character was named "John Doe" in early drafts.

>Lee Pace and Eddie Redmayne auditioned for Kylo Ren. Michael Fassbender was also linked to the role early into production.

>Benedict Cumberbatch was approached for Captain Phasma.

>Gary Oldman was considered for the role of Lor San Tekka.

>Hugo Weaving was considered for the role of Snoke.
>>
File: Finn & Rey.jpg (144KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Finn & Rey.jpg
144KB, 1200x800px
>Arndt's draft centered on Kira (later renamed "Rey") and Sam (later renamed "Finn"). They would originally meet Luke halfway during their journey, and he'd guide Kira in the ways of the Force, but this was changed as Luke's presence detracted from their story. The plot was then changed to the search for Luke.

>Prior to Luke's removal, several McGuffins were considered, including the remains of Darth Vader, a forgotten Imperial weapon and an ancient scroll about the secrets of the Force.

>In early drafts, the Macguffin would've been Luke's old lightsaber, which would crash-land on Jakku after drifting through space for years.

>In early drafts, the Resistence has its own secret weapon, known as "the Sledgehammer", which is able to breach any type of planetary shield. It would be destroyed during the final battle at the Starkiller Base.

>Early cuts featured a much more contentious, bickering relationship between Rey and Finn that was poorly-received in test-screenings. Most of their early interactions on Jakku and on the Millennium Falcon were redone in reshoots to make it more playful and genuine.

>Early cuts featured a subplot about Korr Sella, played by Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Leia's envoy who is pleading the New Republic's support against the First Order and is killed in the destruction of the Hosnian System. All of her scenes were cut to avoid evoking the political aspects of the prequel trilogy and she's only seen for a split-second in the final movie.

>There were plans for Hayden Christensen to return as the Force Ghost of Anakin Skywalker. He'd appear as himself to Rey and as Darth Vader to Kylo Ren, since Anakin was the first Jedi ever to embrace both the Light and the Dark Side.

>There were plans for Billy Dee Williams to return as Lando Calrissian, but a deal couldn't be reached in time.

>There were plans for Denis Lawson to return as Wedge Antilles, but Lawson declined.
>>
File: Kira & Sam.jpg (1MB, 2169x3133px) Image search: [Google]
Kira & Sam.jpg
1MB, 2169x3133px
Reported details on Arndt's first draft.

>The Resistence led by General Leia Organa is at war against the First Order. Both sides have their own superweapons: The Resistence has the warship Warhammer, and the First Order has the Doomstar Base, capable of destroying stars.

>Kira, a hotheaded scavenger who lives on planet Jakku with her surrogate father, a former Rebel pilot, finds a map in the sunken remains of the Death Star, leading to an ancient Jedi temple foretold to hold great power. She then becomes a target of the Jedi Killer, a member of the First Order who uses artifacts to maintain an artificial connection to the Force, and kills Kira's mentor.

>Meanwhile, Stormtrooper Sam grows desillusioned with the First Order after witnessing the execution of a Rebel squad and forms an alliance with John Doe, a captive bounty hunter employed by Leia to find the map. The two escape to Jakku. Doe dies, while Sam is rescued and revived by shaman Maz Kanata.

>Kira and Sam cross paths and are rescued from the Jedi Killer by Luke Skywalker, who has been following the Jedi Killer to avenge the deaths of his students. Luke leads the pair to "Crime City" so Han Solo can lead them to Leia. Kira and Sam find out that the Jedi Killer is Han and Leia's son, who was corrupted by the sorceress Uber, leader of the First Order.

>The Jedi Killer retrieves the map and kidnaps Kira, who is strong with the Force. Luke, Han and Sam then join the Resistance on an assault on the Doomstar Base, which Han sacrifices himself to destroy, leaving the Millennium Falcon to Sam. Meanwhile, Luke and Kira defeat the Jedi Killer, who flees to reunite with Uber. The heroes then split up, with Kira leaving to train with Luke and uncover the secrets of the Ancient Power, while Sam joins the Resistance as they prepare to strike back against the First Order.
>>
Dude there were random ass scenes in the concept art with the millenium falcon flying around underwater on Endor in the wreckage of the death star and shots of Rey fucking lightsabering from inside her xwing cockpit in order to slice up another ship

they were just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks
>>
>>87286767
>AKA any movie's production process.
>>
>>87286645
>Anakin was the first Jedi ever to embrace both the Light and the Dark Side

wut
>>
Source: ASS
>>
Jar Jar Abrams walks up to you and asks you to turn The Force Awakens into a good movie without completely redoing it. What do you do?
>>
>>87287652
It already is a good movie
>>
>>87287652
Cut away any scene with just the Imperials and Snoke and all that shit. Keep Kylo Ren a menacing mysterious character until he takes his mask off to Ray. Re-shoot the Rey and FN scenes to make FN less of a comedic foible. Cut out that dumb shit with the big bouncy ball aliens. If at all possible have Kylo just torture and kill Oscar Isaac's character right there in the village and have FN escape alone.

I don't know, I'm just spitballing here, to make it really good I feel like I'd need to do a major rewrite.
>>
>>87286631
>the pink slime of movie
>>
>>87287692
Yeah no
>>
>>87287652
Make Reys only force power being able to force pull the lightsaber.
No Starkiller base, the First Order do have a base that's assaulted, but it can't kill planets.
The First Order are a lot less powerful, closer to guerrillas than an empire
Rey and Finn work together to barely hold back Kylo Ren, they're saved by circumstance rather than their skill but Finn still gets seriously injured.

Remove almost all the dumb "REMEMBER THE OT" references (keep the millennium falcon)
>>
>>87287652
All the opening scenes before leaving Jakku are totally removed. The film opens with a Star Destroyer chasing down a cruiser, echoing A New Hope. Ships launch from the Star Destroyer to attack the cruiser. Two more cruisers jump in and the three attack the Star Destroyer, subverting what we expect. A troop lander is shot down and crashes down on a nearby planet. Only one of the soldiers, a new recruit named Finn, survives. He wanders around and collapses in the endless desert before being found by a young woman. She's wary due to his armor but, being unable to leave him to die, takes him back to her hole in the ground and nurses him back to health. He recovers some days later, learns she's named Rey, meets her droid she scavenged named BB-8, and he learns he's in a settlement on Jakku. She mentions how he's from the Empire, but then he clarifies:

"The war ended long ago. I'm with the Republic."

From then on, the plot doesn't change too much. The only new major difference is that Leia is on the Republic capital when it's destroyed, by the Republic. It's a bid to wipe out all the pacifist members of the Republic Assembly and shows the lengths this new Republic will go to to maintain their iron grip. It gives Han a reason to get really pissed off and gives Carrie Fisher a reason to not have any lines. They still get picked up by Han, he says he and Leia split up because she still believed in the Republic, while Han thought it was corrupt.

I mean, shit, imagine this being how the Han-Kylo scene ended:
"How can you still fight for them? They killed your mother! My wife! They killed Leia!"
"Sacrifices have to be made to defend this order the two of you built. Mother would have understood that."
"You're no son of mine!"
Han pulls his blaster and shoots, Kylo runs him through but gets hit in the side. Han dies as a badass, defiant to the end.
>>
>>87288479
>killing Leia
>removing all emotion from Hans death

You've made the movie worse.

The opening's bretty gud though.
>>
>>87287652
Han is only mortally wounded by Kylo's lightsaber, and he dies in Chewie's and/or Leia's arms.

If I could change only one thing, literally only one thing, it would be this. I know Harrison Ford wanted to kill of Han, but they should have at least had the courtesy to do so respectfully, instead of just dropping him down a bottomless shaft like a piece of trash.
>>
File: Z1.jpg (24KB, 527x397px) Image search: [Google]
Z1.jpg
24KB, 527x397px
>>87287652

Make the First Order a small, ragtag, low-resource but vicious and extremely competent band of Dark Side users, ace pilots and bald admirals

The star system-killing superweapon is the Republic's for reasons, which the FO will hijack and use on the Resistance fleet

Basically Starwarsdust Memory

Rey gets cucked in the end by Finna Furpleton who was actually Krylon Rent's former Jedi lover.
>>
>>87287692
Heh memes
>>
My boy Lee Pace could have been in this?
>>
I would have been happy with an original story, not a boring rehash of a movie I've seen a dozen times.
>>
>>87288564

Ford has wanted Han dead for nearly 40 years. You think he gives a shit? I'm betting he only agreed to do the movie if Han got killed off.
>>
File: 1502920339693.png (221KB, 462x372px) Image search: [Google]
1502920339693.png
221KB, 462x372px
>>87286645
>>Arndt's draft centered on Kira (later renamed "Rey") and Sam (later renamed "Finn"). They would originally meet Luke halfway during their journey, and he'd guide Kira in the ways of the Force, but this was changed as Luke's presence detracted from their story. The plot was then changed to the search for Luke.

So they change the plot so that the new characters can be less centered around Luke but make the character's goal to find Luke, making the characters centered around Luke?
>>
>>87288558
Han gives one last smirk before he gets thrown over the railing.

Better?
>>
>>87288558
Where was Leia killed? Would have been better to kill her off anyways since she's dead irl
>>
>>87289197
>The only new major difference is that Leia is on the Republic capital when it's destroyed, by the Republic
>>
File: old luke.jpg (19KB, 780x461px) Image search: [Google]
old luke.jpg
19KB, 780x461px
>>87286697
>>87286645

this sounds much better

>Luke gets a bigger part
>Old Han/old Luke banter make Han more than just a shitty Obi-wan replacement
>Rather than some old fart in a gold bath robe, we get a semen demon sith leading the First Order
>Rather than the same old "bad guys have a giant super weapon and the good guys are horrendously outnumbered", we get a Cold War going hot scenario
>Politics play an active, but subdued role compared to the prequels, which thoroughly explains the New Republic's role and clarifies how the Galaxy has changed in 30 years time

It would still be a re-hash with a generic heroes journey plot, but would have set itself apart enough to stand on its own.
>>
>>87286645
>Luke was originally going to guide Rey in learning the Force in the first movie but they settled for making Rey uber OP before learning a God damned thing about it, only that it exists and she can tap into it
I mean, Luke at least had SOME training, even if it was minimal, and he used it to augment an existing skill as a pilot. I was willing to accept that Rey's latent Force abilities helped her piloting skills, but turning the tables on Kilo during the interrogation, mastering the mind trick (a subtle technique that I imagine requires more mastery of the Force than a literal novice would have) after a couple of tries, and then wielding a lightsaber for the first time vs Kilo who's WAY more experienced than her in both Force use and dueling is ridiculous (even if he hadn't finished his Sith training, I believe it was implied or mentioned at some point that he was Luke's student, and yes he was injured but the Sith are known for using pain and anger to fuel their dark side powers). I would have written that duel to where Finn was down and Rey fought desperately and clumsily for her life until Kilo almost had her, but then Chewie shows up to rescue her at the last second and drive Kilo off with the Falcon's belly gun. Make her vulnerable and helpless in the first movie until she learns in the second one to become stronger and gain more control. Don't make her immediately OP.
>>
>>87286697
Sounds just as bad as what we got, honestly.
>>
>>87288677
We could have had Cook bashing on a storm trooper
>>
>>87286631
Wow. That would have been inferior as fuck to what we got.
>>
>>87286645
>>In early drafts, the Macguffin would've been Luke's old lightsaber, which would crash-land on Jakku after drifting through space for years.
Holy fuck that would have been so retarded.
>>
>>87286631
>Shailene woodley
>Eddie Redmayne
>Benedict Cumberbatch
Bullets dodged even before that garbage first draft
>>
File: star wars1.jpg (36KB, 285x475px) Image search: [Google]
star wars1.jpg
36KB, 285x475px
take a note from the fucking expanded universe instead of adapting shitty versions of it.

JACEN SOLO > KYLO REN
>>
File: non canon QT.jpg (121KB, 720x1152px) Image search: [Google]
non canon QT.jpg
121KB, 720x1152px
>>87290888
While I agree that an adaptation of a storyline from the EU would have been a better course of action, Jacen is just terrible. His sister is fine, but Kylo really nails the "whiny darth vader fanboy" characterization much better than Jacen.
>>
File: namasensei.jpg (50KB, 956x678px) Image search: [Google]
namasensei.jpg
50KB, 956x678px
>>87291075
ayy u got a point there.

>tfw we're cursed to at least ten more Rogue One style movies
>>
>>87286645
>the Macguffin would've been Luke's old lightsaber, which would crash-land on Jakku after drifting through space for years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC9-TUZSjoQ
>>
>ray fisher

that'd have made the rey/finn flirting make sense
>>
>>87291075
>"whiny darth vader fanboy" characterization
That's what I hated most. I didn't think he had to be a stoic badass, but the whiny Vader fanboy thing just seems like the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Also, the fact that he was the Solos' son should have been kept secret until Kylo confronted Han. Same with the face-reveal. Also, the voice modification for Kylo sounded retarded. It sounded like the voice modification a kidnapper would use when making ransom demands over the phone on some TV crime show. Whoever though Kylo's voice mod sounded cool needs to be castrated and sent into the Siberian wasteland to be hunted down and slowly devoured by wolves.
>>
>>87286697
>crime city

hahahahhahahah
>>
>>87286697
>shaman
>sorceress

wtf is this
is this kind of stuff completly OC or was there this bullshit in the EU?
>>
File: picture-104.png (705KB, 811x572px) Image search: [Google]
picture-104.png
705KB, 811x572px
>>87291397
>whiny darth vader
People didn't like Anakin.
So why would they make another Anakin?
Because they think an unlikeable character makes a good villain.
>>
>>87291434
It's pretty obvious the names are just placeholders
>>
>>87286645
>There were plans for Denis Lawson to return as Wedge Antilles, but Lawson declined.

Jesus. Talk about not giving a fuck.
>>
File: agent_smith_burning.jpg (24KB, 360x164px) Image search: [Google]
agent_smith_burning.jpg
24KB, 360x164px

Yes, please. There's still time.
>>
>>87287652
Make the first order the small bad and the new republic the big good
The fact that there needed to be a good "resistance" like in the OT completely ruined the movie
>>
>>87287652
Finn is not nigger and Rey is not ugly Mary Sue
>>
>>87287652
add 45 minutes of boring political dialogue and 20 minutes of a cartoon rabbit played by chris rock
>>
>>87286645
>Early cuts featured a much more contentious, bickering relationship between Rey and Finn that was poorly-received in test-screenings. Most of their early interactions on Jakku and on the Millennium Falcon were redone in reshoots to make it more playful and genuine.
>playful and genuine
>genuine
Felt anything but.
>>
>>87291478
we had them in the OT dumbass, Sheev was an evil sorcerer and Yoda was a hermit wizard/shaman
>>
>>87286818
From the looks of it, the process of brainstorm for EpVII was extraordinarily retarded

I still can't believe some of the leaks, like Luke' lighsaber falling Jakku, were real, so much dumb stuff
>>
>>87286631
>Michael Arndt wrote the first draft of the script, based on an George Lucas' ideas
Honestly I doubt even Michael Arndt draft isn't from George Lucas ideas. I believe Arndt was appointed by George Lucas before even selling to Disney. Once kathlee Kennedy became his boss, he said in an interviews the only thing she asked was "a female Jedi story'. i don't think that's George Lucas story, he said in the Charlie Rose interview it was about Vader grandsons, not granddaughters. The female lead was always KK's idea. Now Arndt tried to make a decent story with that anyway but Disney got impatient and wanted a quick hackjob, that's why they brought Kasadn to "help" him. Actually Kasdan made him quit and brught JJ abrams instead. The official reason is that Arndt wanted more time but it's a lie because from the moment Arndt quit, it took them 2 years to write that joke of a script. So just like Gareth Edwards and Lord&Miller, KK stuck her nose in the creative process and he decided to uit. This bitch single handedly ruined SW forever.
Btw, what's your source anon?
>>
>>87294881
>what's your source anon?
Probably reddit. I don't even know why this thread exists. This is all just brainstorming and considerations. Is this the sequel to Jodorowsky's Dune?
>>
>>87287652
Instead of just Kylo Ren, give him a small group of loyal force users (others who were trained by Luke). Make the FO a small but strong group (no stupid big ass base); they are basically the "resistance" to the new republic which they see as "corrupt and bad". The new republic is the resulting mess created by the vacuum of power, not necessarily the "good guys". Leia, Han, Luke and the rest are not necessarily part of this new republic either, but they do oppose the FO, which has a very "all in or nothing" attitude (kind of like Anakin in AotC with his political ideas). Less "mystery" surrounding Rey (we all know how JarJar likes his "mysteries"); it should just be made clear that she most likely was a young jedi in training that was hidden away before Kylo and the gang could take her with them to be trained by Snoke. I guess rename Snoke as well; terrible name and a terrible character. Not sure what to do about this though; there should probably be a "big bad" but how to do it without making it seem retarded? The Emperor was the "big bad" wasn't he? Who else is there? Maybe there was a power kept at bay by the Emperor and his dark jedi voodoo magic?
>>
David Fincher was approached to direct, probably by George Lucas because Fincher worked at ILM in the 80s, he said his preferred episode is ESB but what KK but he didn't like what the producers (KK) wanted. imagine if we had a David Fincher trilogy instead of that bitchboy JJ Abrams.
>>
>>87295250
There was no reason to bring back the Empire, even in a smaller scale.
>>
>>87295250
>/tv/tards always find new ways to be shittier than Hollywood
>>
I like the conceptual art more than the movie
TFA was a disappointment
>>
>>87292177
Checking based Star wars dubs
>>
>no big baddie like Snoke, just bunch of weak Empire larpers using terror attacks against New Republic
>Starkiller base is an ancient Sith planet discovered by empire in its ending years with a superweapon inside that no one understands
>fuckery like cave on dagobath x10 goes on in there
>both sides race to find some mcguffin related to Starkiller that makes one able to control it or something
>Starkiller is not destroyed, it's the focus of the new trilogy
>New order and republic conflict is more in the background, movies are focused on more individual adventures
>Luke Han and Leia have scenes together
>much more Luke
>>
>>87295250
>Maybe there was a power kept at bay by the Emperor and his dark jedi voodoo magic?
This isn't the worst idea I've heard
Although that in a nutshell is Snoke, is it not?
>>
>>87295861
>>fuckery like cave on dagobath x10 goes on in there
Rian Jonhson said the filmm ends on Dagobah but i'm not sure if he was joking or slipped. It was on backstage interviews at celebration.
Imagine Luke dies and at the end appears as a ghost and tells Rey to go to the Dagobah system to complete her training. Waaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>87287652
1. Starkiller base is smaller
ffs it's so its big it's ridiculous in Force Awakens

2. The "map to luke skywalker" is now a map to starkiller base in the far out reaches of space.

3. Changing the factions motives:
The Resistance is more morally gray. They are a terrorist group that continued to attack the Empire's remnants even after the New Republic settled for peace. The First Order rose against The Resistance but are extreme in methods. The republic doesn't help either side and condemns the actions of both. However the First Order has become pissed off at the republic for remaining neutral instead of siding with them. So they secretly intend to use Starkiller base to threaten the whole galaxy and create a new Empire once it's complete.

4. The movie shows the audience it is self aware that "The Resistance" are actually the attackers. Not like in the actual movie where we are supposed to look at them seriously as a "resistance".

5. To make Leia fit:
Leia was a leader of the new republic, who started to feel the First Order could become a greater threat. As a force sensitive, she somehow feels this supposedly small conflict between terrorist groups has a more sinister presence behind it, but was unable to convince the republic. So she joined the resistance and sacrificed her high rank in the republic. Recently rumors have spread of a superweapon that could hold the galaxy under the heel of the First Order and she is trying to find it.

5. Leia hugs Chewbacca and not Rey in the end
>>
>>87295861
>>87296007
Merge these two and we've got an actually good screenplay
>>
>>87296132
OH NONONO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>87289733
Yes yes. we've been talking about it for years now. let mary rest
>>
>>87287652
toss it in the bin. no amount of work could ever redeem it.
>>
>>87288251
>Remove almost all the dumb "REMEMBER THE OT" references
Hollywood would be in a slump if they couldn't rely on nostalgia
>>
>>87289055
Then he winks at the audience just before falling done nodding to the ESB and how luke escapes Vader by jumping.
>>
>>87288828
Why does he hate his character so much?
>>
>>87287652
>Do NOT bring back Harrison Ford or Carrie Fischer.
>Have Luke be a force ghost
>Movie takes place 100+ years after RotJ
>Kylo Ren is just Han and Leia's descendant.
>Rey is not a jedi nor a good pilot. Give those jobs to Finn and Poe.

There. It's more like ANH but it's better than what we fucking have now.
>>
>>87287652
kill rey and star killer base
The rest is fine
>>
>>87287652
One of the biggest problems with TFA is the fact that there happens to be this "first order" group that just happens to tyranize the entire galaxy once again, after the Empire was defeated.

If anything, TFA should have been about the rise to power of the first order. And a group of heroes trying to prevent just that, and of course failing by the end of the movie.
>>
>>87297325
I am not opposed to this
That's the start of ep10 trilogy though
>>
>>87286645
>>There were plans for Billy Dee Williams to return as Lando Calrissian, but a deal couldn't be reached in time.

that's sad, dude

what a shitshow
>>
>>87297317
he doesn't hate the character. he knows what would have happened if Han was allowed to continue existing
>>
>>87286631
>>87286645
>>87286697
Most of that sounds even worse than what we've got, if that is even possible.

I mean Elizabeth fucking Olsen as the main character? Eddie Redmayne as Kylo Ren? What?
>>
>>87297626
>he knows what would have happened if Han was allowed to continue existing
They'd ruin star wars for all eternity? Or try use his character through out the new trilogy?
>>
>>87286645
>There were plans for Denis Lawson to return as Wedge Antilles, but Lawson declined

Based.
>>
>>87286645
>Anakin was the first Jedi ever to embrace both the Light and the Dark Side
the fuck?
There were dozens of force users that used both Light and Dark at different points in their lifetimes.
>>
Who cares?
Post more Bunnyfu.
>>
Oregano my ass nigga as fukkin

WEED
E
E
D

Omie.
>>
>>87294881
>the only thing she asked was "a female Jedi story'
>the only thing

Give an inch...
>>
>>87286631
i guarantee you the reason most of these other actors were not chose, was because of the cost to hire them. Daisy and Boyega were specifically chosen because they could be paid nothing. fucking jews.
>>
>>87287652
Kill him
>>
>>87287652
The destruction of the starkiller base as it sucks out the last energy of the sun it orbits causes the sun to go supernova and suck in han solo, chewbacca and kylo ren into a worm hole, causing a time travel retcon to the entire movie.

Oh turn the movie good?
I'd burn every copy.
>>
File: elizabeth-olsen1.jpg (167KB, 750x1021px) Image search: [Google]
elizabeth-olsen1.jpg
167KB, 750x1021px
This could have been Rey but we got some half-horse breed ayy-lmao instead.
>>
>>87291075
>>87291397
While I honestly hated the whiny vader fanboy character choice, Kylo is so fucking endearing I hope he wins.
>>
>>87299588
Can just imagine what their meetings are like.

>how can we piss off the fans this week?
>>
>>87286631
Joel Edgerton already played Uncle Owen they would never consider him for Poe.
>>
>>87286645
>Early cuts featured a subplot about Korr Sella, played by Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Leia's envoy who is pleading the New Republic's support against the First Order and is killed in the destruction of the Hosnian System. All of her scenes were cut to avoid evoking the political aspects of the prequel trilogy and she's only seen for a split-second in the final movie.
This is what I hated the most about this garbage piece of shit movie. Even A New Hope had more politics than this stupid shitfest
>>
>>87301062
worse thing is they cut to her on that planet before it exploded and there was no emotional attachment at all.

How Jar Jar Abrams ever fooled anyone to get these films I will never know.
>>
>>87288251
This
>>
>>87286697
This would have been cool after a touch of polish
>>
>>87287692
are you retarded?
>>
>>87288251
>>87287878
>>87299831

good start
>>
>>87298269
EU anit canon pleb.
>>
>>87287652
The Republic rules the galaxy but space piracy becomes more and more a problem. Luke and Han go on an investigation that leads them to Jakku. It turns out that the Empire used this tactics to collect resources and they are on a hunt for force sensitive people for new sith recruits, thats why Rey becomes a target. Luke and Han rescues her and she joins the team, Luke becomes her teacher. On the way they also meet Finn who ran away from the Empire and hides on the desert planet
>>
>>87297325
i like this idea. That way it would have been necessary to retcon all Star Wars works
>>
Different actors wouldn't have saved this piece of shit but they would have made me not hate it so much.
The only good way to make an episode 7 was by not doing it at all. The main story ends in episode 6. The EU, stupid as it was, was alright. Disney is not doing a better job. Star Wars was alright as it was, it should have died slowly and in peace.
>>
>>87301062
The only reason the PT's political scenes seem shit is because the scenes that make them make sense were, ironically, cut.
>>
>>87300312
The Rey actress what's-her-name didn't ruin the movie by herself. She was merely one factor. Having an attractive actress wouldn't have saved the movie. I'm glad we have a 100% train-wreck instead of a 98% train-wreck.
>>
>>87297325
I agree, this is what they should have done. The only reason they deleted the EU was to bring back Han and Leia and to force Rey as the ultimate perfect self insert of Kathleen Kennedy. Star Wars has a story that spans thousands of years, they could have made it take place 100 years after, like you say, in a time that the EU doesn't care for too much.
The problem is that only true fans would have liked it and they are trying to please the normie plebs to make money.
>inb4 star wars was normie when it started
Doesn't matter, it became something that only true nerds appreciated in depth.
>>
File: 1479968160323.jpg (59KB, 1080x605px) Image search: [Google]
1479968160323.jpg
59KB, 1080x605px
>>87287652
More Rey
>>
>>87299831
>>87297391
this

>the Resistance is more morally gray. They are a terrorist group that continued to attack the Empire's remnants even after the New Republic settled for peace.

that would have been a far distinction between the Republic and Resistance
>>
>>87290888
>0888â–¶>>87291075
>File: star wars1.jpg (36 KB, 285x475)
>take a note from the fucking expanded universe instead of adapting shitty versions of it.
>JACEN SOLO > KYLO REN

so much this
>>
>>87297325
>>87302196
t. analdevastated EUfags

kill yourselves
>>
>>87296007
>the Resistance is more morally gray. They are a terrorist group that continued to attack the Empire's remnants even after the New Republic settled for peace.

that would have been a far better distinction between the Republic and Resistance
>>
>>87302340
t. numale retard
>>
>>87286631
So it was going to suck either way?
>>
>>87288251
These seem like lots of good changes.

I would also depower Rey a bit. She's way too strong even at the midpoint of Force Awakens, almost all challenges just seem to fall beneath her mighty girl power.
>>
>>87302340
EU is still better than the shit Disney gave us. Kill yourself
>>
>>87297325
That could have worked better.
>>
>>87302413
>Yuuzhan Vong
>Dumber shit than Starkiller Base like the suncrusher, darksaber, and all the other retarded superweapons
>Mara Jade
>Kyle Katarn (the OG mary sue self insert of Star Wars)

yeah, no, and this is just the tip of the iceberg.
>>
>>87302206
Is it me or she looks like dillion harper? They have the same kind of alien-like face. The two of them have merged in my mind.
>>
>>87302501
Mara Jade has still more personality than Ray
>>
>>87302501
How is Disney doing better?
>porgs
>emo vader
>bigger death star with same exact weak spot
>anus eyes maz kanata
>mary sue main character
>>
>>87302501
Yuuzhan Vong is better than a rehash of New Hope
>>
>>87286645

>since Anakin was the first Jedi ever to embrace both the Light and the Dark Side.

No that's Revan or pretty much every other Jedi turned Sith like Exar Kun or Qel Droma
>>
>>87286697
>>87286645
Better than what we got, seriously.
>>
>>87302587
this
>>
>>87299588
More proof that the franchise is dead and run into the ground
>>
>>87302501
Katarn is just a mid tier jedi and a decent han solo style adventurer in the EU though?

In most of the EU his glory days are past him and he does relatively little of note.
The real bullshit Mary Sues are Luke, Jacen and Jaina, as well as Anakin Solo before he got VONGED
>>
>>87302508
They both look little bit retarded, but Dillion has GOAT tits.
>>
>>87287652
You just have to make Rey and Finn better characters.

As they are now, she's just a generic female action hero, and he's just a generic black guy that quips a few times.

Characterizing takes a little nuance, you can't just show them doing something selfless and think the audience will automatically like them.
We have to know what Rey wants, does she want money? Does she want a family? Does she want to find a better place to live?
And Finn too, does he want to completely annihilate the first order? Does he even care about his former allies?
>>
>>87286631
>>Hugo Weaving was considered for the role of Snoke.
I can't be the only one who wanted to see this.
>>
>>87302991
Except they did have well-rounded character arcs, you just pretend they don't exist because "muh mary sue" and "reeee why is there a nigger in my movie and why didn't he have an existential crisis over murdering soldiers trying to kill him"
>>
>>87303206
Can you describe them? How does Rey's character develop over the course of the film?
>>
>>87303206
Why DIDN'T he have an existential crisis over murdering soldiers trying to kill him, though?
I'm not that anon but I actually appreciated how they had a woman and a black guy as the leads. Rey is objectively a Mary Sue though and Finn is just the stereotype sidekick, typical token black character. Poe wasn't very well written either (though I like him in the comics).
>>
>>87303206
>Rey is a scavenger for food
>first thing she does when she finds something valuable is to keep it instead of sell it

>Finn is a stormtrooper with moral qualms about his job
>considers running away but decides to join the resistance instead when they come for the droid

Now admittedly, Finn's arc is a little better, but its very simple. He used to work for bad guys and now he wants to be a good guy.
No question about it that's his goal in life.
>>
File: This is outrageous.jpg (26KB, 720x519px) Image search: [Google]
This is outrageous.jpg
26KB, 720x519px
>>87286645
>Would originally meet Luke halfway during their journey
>Resistence has its own secret weapon
> Leia's envoy who is pleading the New Republic's support against the First Order
>Hayden Christensen to return as the Force Ghost of Anakin Skywalker.
WHY DID THEY CUT THIS
>>
File: 1498319496746.png (100KB, 258x239px) Image search: [Google]
1498319496746.png
100KB, 258x239px
>>87287692
Begone thot
>>
>>87302991
>We have to know what Rey wants
I think NOT knowing what you want is a fine character trait as well. Being torn between desires, or being dragged along and manipulated by others.
I don't think the characters were really the problem in TFA. More the story and direction than anything.
>>
>>87291075
>but Kylo really nails the "whiny darth vader fanboy" characterization much better than Jacen.
But can you give me a single reason why I'd pay money to watch this?
>>
File: kylo ren.png (610KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
kylo ren.png
610KB, 640x800px
>>87303432
>Would originally meet Luke halfway during their journey
Because the movie is about Rey, Finn, and Kylo. For all of you people bitching about TFA being a remake, at least it's focused on the new characters.

>Resistance has its own secret weapon
More superweapons. Yawn.

>Leia's envoy who is pleading the New Republic's support against the First Order
Boring political shit. No one except wookiepedia autists needed more explained than what's in the final cut, and if you watch the deleted scenes on the DVD the shit with her and Leia was awful.

>Hayden Christensen
No one wants him back, prequelshit should be kept to a minimum.
>>
>>87299588
Is this the team that's been making sonic the hedgehog games for the past 20 years?
>>
>>87303614
Imagine actually thinking this way and writing all of this unironically.
>>
>>87303614
>more explained than what's in the final cut
What is in the final cut?
>>
>>87288251
Finn fights Phasma instead of TR-8R
>>
>>87303698
>First Order is a remnant of the Empire that fled to the unknown regions of space, more militant and extremist than the Empire
>Resistance is an offshoot of the New Republic led by Leia, Ackbar, and other heroes of the Galactic Civil War
>New Republic preaches neutrality but helps the Resistance under the table

this is all explained in the opening crawl and in dialogue, it's just not done through droning exposition like the prequels so autists missed it.
>>
>>87287652
>Rey is able to resist Kylo's mind rape and pull the lightsaber to her. That's it.
>Starkiller Base doesn't have a fucking death laser. Instead the First Order sends a fleet to bomb the fuck out of the Hosnian System. Less powerful, but billions still die and the First Order is now a huge threat
>Kylo is more mysterious. We find out he's Han and Leia's son when they meet up. "Leia I saw our son"
>We see what happened to Poe when the TIE crashed
>>
>>87303792

That's nothing, though. You could have just said "There are three groups, two of them like each other". That's not an interesting backdrop.
>>
>>87303899
It's almost as if Star Wars isn't about autistic worldbuilding and the prequels and EU tricked you into thinking it was
>>
>>87286645
>All of her scenes were cut to avoid evoking the political aspects of the prequel trilogy
HOLY FUCK JJ IS A PIECE OF SHIT

SO WE CANNOT HAVE ANY POLITICS AT ALL?
>>
>>87303927
So what is Star Wars about?
>>
>>87303944
No. No politics. Politics got Trump elected.
Trump is the Empire btw.
>>
They should have gone with the Lucas script

>Space pirates are emerging as a major force in the wake of no solid government
>Luke is training a new jedi order
>Rey doesn't exist
>Han is an admiral
>Leia is a general
>>
>>87303927
It's exactly about that. The prequels were made by George Lucas.
>>
>>87304029
George Lucas is a buffoon who got lucky and piggybacked off the talent of other people.

Believe me, if that scene of Biggs and Luke talking politics and imperial collectivization of Moisture Farms wasn't cut out of the movie no one would have cared about Star Wars because it would have lost everyone in the first reel.
>>
>>87295251
>The original "cockpit talk"-scene had Rey saying "I bypassed the c0mpressor". When this was objected to by Kathleen Kenedy, David Fincher said he would change it on the proviso that the new line couldn't be cut. Kennedy agreed and Fincher wrote the replacement line, "I haven't been fucked like that since grade school". When Kennedy saw the new line, she was even more outraged and asked for the original line to be put back, but, as per their deal, Fincher refused.
>>
>>87303984
It's a morality play in space and a throwback to the adventure serials of the 40's and 50's. The setting exists to serve the characters, not the other way around. Even the "universe building" scenes in the original film were more important to establish the characters rather than droning on about politics to fill a wookiepedia article.
>>
>>87303391
Finn was a child soldier/brainwashed why the fuck is he a quipping retard?
>>
>>87287652
The "Resistance" is not its own group, but a task force of the republic founded by Senator or Chancellor Organa with the goal of wiping out the First Order, a leftover pocket from the Empire. The Resistance has a small fleet, roughly the size of what they had in ROTJ. The Republic can't give them more resources, as they are busy reorganizing the galaxy, wiping out imperial pockets, while they also want to keep their military small, out of fear of what happened to the old republic. Beginning stays roughly the same, Rey is less OP, Kylo is not a little bitch. After Maz Kanatas palace Rey gets captured, the first order extracts one part of the map from Rey's mind and race to kill Luke. The Millenium Falcon attaches itself to the Star Destroyer sent to kill Luke like they did in Episode 5 and rescue him and Rey. Luke, Han an Leia reunite and Luke is persuaded to return because his friends are in danger. They learn from Finn, who is an engineer and not the trash man, that instead of Starkiller Base, they have the remnants of the 2 Death Stars and plan on building a weapon out of it or something. The Resistace Fleet then assaults the First Order Base and a large Battle ensues, kind of like the "Battle of Coruscant". Rey, Finn, Luke, Han, Chewie and R2 lead the ground team, since the Fleet can't get through the planetary shield, so its kind of like a reverse Hoth. Han dies, but its more emotional since its being witnessed by Luke and Chewie, and not some random people who he met like 2 days ago, and then they split up to destroy the shield. Fast forward and Rey and Finn encounter Kylo who beats the shit out of them until Luke arrives and demolishes Kylo, who then flees since he is no match for Luke. With the Planetary shield destroyed the heroes escape on the falcon and the Resistance Fleet destroys the base with orbital bombardment. The end.
>>
>>87303717
Thought this myself.

Still have the fight end with Phasma about to kill Finn, but a blast from Chewie's boltcaster sends her flying. Reveal that she survived the blast (think of the scene from Willow where General Kael plays dead).
>>
>>87304505
This right here is the problem. It takes too many words an nobody cares.
>>
>>87303717
>>87304565
The entire reason that scene is memorable though is because it's just a random stormtrooper with balls of steel
>>
>>87303862
>Kylo is more mysterious. We find out he's Han and Leia's son when they meet up. "Leia I saw our son

Don't even reveal it then, not until his confrontation with Han, and have that scene be his only unmasking.
Also, his name is Luke Solo instead of Ben. Lead audience into believing its Luke Skywalker under the mask until the confrontation scene.
>>
>>87304605
Its actually about as memorable as lor san teka's death because who the fuck cares?
>>
>>87302508
More like Megan Rain imo
>>
>>87304605
It's memorable if you're a 6 years old twat. This just childish and borderline retarded crap "just for laughs". Apparently they have another stormtrooper just the same with an electric thingy, just for laughs.
>>
>>87303614
>For all of you people bitching about TFA being a remake, at least it's focused on the new characters.

>Noooooo, it was Snoke who seduced our soooooon
>Mary sue
>Janitor barely affected after helping the enemy and getting over his best friend getting killed

They did a piss poor job with it. Don't even get me started on Poe, a character that was literally only kept alive because JJ felt bad for the actor.
>>
>>87305119
>Shnoke shedushed our shon
>>
>>87304027
they should had used the Zahn books (changed it a but) but make all characters older so it matches the age of the actors
>>
>>87290888
Shit taste.
Kylo is a good character.
>>
>>87286631
Combine rogue one and TFA. Keep the after-endor setting and combine or tweak characters (Jyn and Rey) and story elements (discovering the starkiller base being constructed in secret, and a scheme to find the plans).
Set up in the title crawl that the galactic civil war has turned into a cold war between imperial remnants (a shadow of their former selves struggling to balance their pride and the pragmatism forced on them by circumstance) and a new republic (to bloated and corrupted to be effective).
Keep luke turning his back on the galaxy after failing to start a new jedi order, and the search for him be an inciting incident/character motivation for someone, but don't make it central to the story.
I mentioned combining TFA and R1, all you need is to give Rey's character Jynn's back story of her thinking her parents were killed by one side of the civil war to make a weapon. Make her resentful of her guardian for forcing her to be a trash farmer, but still afraid to leave the only family she's ever known and gratitude for keeping her safe.
The first order/empire is looking for her because she's a bargaining chip against her dad.
Have Jakku play out like the other not-tatooine from R1 where they pick up a chinese blind nigga samurai jedi who's survived vader's purge and had been laying low, give him some history with luke and the dissolved jedi order. Make Jynn/Rey force sensitive and give them a reluctant mentor/student relationship and play up the theme of restored faith in the force as Donny yen sacrifices himself with a few others so that they can get away with the plans for the doomsday-weapon and makes grrl-jedi pledge to find luke and finish her training.
Along the way they pick up a cocky smuggler-type Poe Dameron/andor who turns out to be a republic intelligence officer, and a first order/imperial deserter Finn as the gang escapes planet O'penin-Akt and the story plays out as expected.
>>
>>87305458
>Emo Vader

no
>>
>>87305441
So, keep Luuke?
>>
>>87305488
this would have been better than Rehash Awakens

Everyone on /tv/ can come up with a better plot what we got
>>
>>87305441
>they should had used the Zahn books
They would have to pay royalties to the authors for using their characters or at least get permission.
>>
>>87305441
I guarantee you Episode 9 will end with an after-credits tease about the Vong
Screenshot it now
>>
>>87305549
why not. He would have been the new body for the emperor
>>
>>87305549
i mean clone technology existed in the Old Republic (Star Wars 2)
>>
>>87305492
He's not Vader and it's great. And Driver is a really cool actor for this role.
>>
>>87305579
permission? maybe but pay him i kinda doubt because Star Wars does not belong to him but Disney
>>
>>87287692
Consider psychiatric help
>>
>>87305680
Is that a clickbait title?
>>
File: Sasuke_Part_2.png (84KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
Sasuke_Part_2.png
84KB, 300x222px
>>87305680
he is whiny Anakin 2.0 and nothing more.
they showed nothing WHY he is tormented. Fuck even the Star Wars copy Naruto did a better job on that
>>
>consider Saroise Ronan
>cast Daisy Riddley instead
what was Abrams thinking? Why would they cast ugly no-name shit actress when they had better option on hand.
>>
>all of the excellent ideas in this thread that anons developed in ten minutes or less
>Disney had years to come up with something and TFA is what we got
The absolute state of modern blockbusters
>>
>>87305947
$$$
>>
>>87305492
No, he wants to be hardcore like Vader but none of his step-dads will let him
>>
>>87287652
BRUNALD CROMPH AS SNOKE
>>
>>87305947
she was a cheap pick?
and maybe he liked her physical appearance for the role. Who knows.
>>
Have a clear shot of Rey's feet, especially her soles. There, TFA fixed
>>
>>87306238
source?
>>
>>87305488
>Character limit
Have the super weapon end up being built by the republic. Give poe/andor a crisis of character as they realize this is too much for even his bent morality.
As the story progresses they find out Female protagonist's father, while originally pressed into service has since converted to the cause (or a clandestine interest inside the republic, a "phantom menace" of sorts).
Its pretty much the same, but better, because now you have character with motivations that drive the story forward.
>>
>>87286631
The worst part for about force awakens was there weren't any han, leia and luke scenes together. They're a big part of the originals, their chemistry and adventures together, alot of it seemed improvised too while force awakens dialog felt too robotic and way too scripted, not natural at all like the prequels.

Hopefully they'll be a flashback in the last jedi of atleast luke and han.
>>
>>87305755
>Star Wars does not belong to him but Disney
Star wars doesn't, but the characters of Thrawn, Marra Jade, and Luuke do. They paid for the rights to publish books under the title of "Star Wars," and were allowed to use the characters granted with that license with freedom to create new characters and expand the universe. Those new characters, however, are the intelectual property of the writer and the publisher.
Lucas never gave much of a shit about the EU outside of having some very high level understanding about quality control and not using vader.
Disney, if they wanted to keep the EU would have to negotiate on an individual level with the authors. Cheaper and easier to wipe it off the table and create a new EU all orchestrated by disney to fit their grand vision of star wars and to have all intelectual property owned by them at the outset.
It's a legal and financial question.
>>
>>87289443
>Luke gets a bigger part

What about Bigger Luke?
>>
>>87306965
This is really painful because I love the EU so much, and it's so obvious how little the film production cared for either creating a good film or reaching for that EU source material.
>>
>>87292109
>The fact that there needed to be a good "resistance" like in the OT completely ruined the movie
It's a paramilitary outfit performing extra-governmental military action. We have those now.
The problem was that the movie didn't do a good job of establishing the geography of the universe or how things have changed since we last saw it.
>>
>>87307341
The EU is almost entirely garbage and by the end had covered at least a hundred fucking years after return of the Jedi, and thousands of years before.
If you tried to hold on to the EU there would be no room to tell NEW stories, or you'd have to adapt the lowest form of genretrash into movies with massive budgets.
It was a smart move by disney. No one wants to make sure your script doesn't conflict with decades of fan fiction, comic books, or video games.
>>
>>87297561
Perhaps he thought he was being treated unfairly?
>>
>>87308333
its still better than the Disney movie
>>
File: 1497151486378.jpg (45KB, 600x637px) Image search: [Google]
1497151486378.jpg
45KB, 600x637px
>>87306280
THIS
>>
>>87287652
Have the main villain be like the Operative in Serenity the movie. A marshall type charavter that arrests rebels and escaped prisoners
>>
>>87291397
my take is that they were saving the 'big twist' to be Rey Skywalker and didn't want to blow their load on Kylo.
then when they started reading the internet they realized 'my babby gurl' was a terrible line and axed it. It's the only major point thing from the leaks that hasn't been confirmed to have been removed, like the floating hand/ lightsaber.
they're trying to milk the mystery as much as possible.
>>
File: 1494651949529.jpg (132KB, 652x573px) Image search: [Google]
1494651949529.jpg
132KB, 652x573px
>>87302604

>No that's Revan or pretty much every other Jedi turned Sith like Exar Kun or Qel Droma

>Extended Universe
>Canon

Try again
>>
>>87307905
yeah, I agree. think about it, in their galaxy there has been almost continuous war for two generations at the end of Jedi.
I can see how once the empire is defeated they would think there's no reason to have a standing military and turn a blind eye to any supposed threat because they're so scared of galactic war breaking out again.
just a throw away line from Leia about the republic military or something along those lines during the starkiller planning would have sufficed but oh well.
>>
>>87308731

>its still better than the Disney movie

Your experience with the EU is likely very limited if so. For every shiny gem there were usually 10 shitstains made by amateur writers.
>>
>>87292247
> cartoon rabbit

only eighties kids will understand.
>>
>>87294572
thank God for the internet. if those hacks wouldn't have been on spoiler boards the whole time we may have gotten that stupidity.
>>
>>87295433
yeah but (((hollywood))) can't think of anyone but Nazis as bad guys. so they turned the empire into Nazis and made the first order Nazi purists. JJ literally says this in interviews.
there are decades of EU they could have drawn from with everything from the Chiss, to the Ssi Ruuk, to an entire Sith society hidden in the unknown regions.

but they went with space Nazis.
>>
File: 1499371221153.jpg (69KB, 935x858px) Image search: [Google]
1499371221153.jpg
69KB, 935x858px
>>87305458
What is wrong with you
>>
>>87305852
He is even whinier than Anakin, and he at least had a reason to be whiny, you know the whole grew up in slavery and lost his mother thing, but Kylo just cries cause he's a bitch.
>>
>>87306238
>Kylo's story is literally "You're not my reaaal dad, waaaah waaaaah!"
>>
>>87309731
>They went with space Nazi's again.
fixed
Also i don't mind the empire and republic being inspired by the nazis. They at least changed enough or made it subtle enough to be something different, while Palpatine's ascension is really cool and accurate. With episode 7 they just literally copied everything, from the flags to the agressive speeches and nazi salutes, then it just becomes lazy and stupid.
>>
>Lee Pace as Kylo Ren

God damn that would have been so much better.
>>
>>87305458
kylo/rey will only end up being good characters if they end up trading allegiance from light/dark
>>
GUYS! Bright new idea.
Episode 9 is Star Trek IV: The voyage home
>>
>>87291075
Jacen was a much better character than Kylo for a lot of reasons and not being a darth vader fanboy is one of them. For one thing he thought Anakin had a shit reason to turn to the darkside.
>>
>>87302196
They got rid of the EU so they could take its ideas and characters wholesale and insert them back in to gain a lot of money all over again.
>>
>>87308731
>KJA
>better than anything
Even starwars superfan teen-me never finished reading KJA's jedi academy trilogy because they're awful, even for licensed franchised genreshit.
And there are whole generations of forgotten EU like triclops, sheev's bastard son with three eyes, or Mt. Yoda. And cannon, who the fuck talks about the droids cartoon, or ewok cartoon and movies anymore? Does anyone remember the marvel comics or comic strip? Nope!
>>
>>87308333
I always see these types of responses and they always make it obvious they haven't actually touched the old EU outside of /tv/ threads which is embarrassing to put it mildly.
>>
>>87311260
Pretty sure they got rid of the EU because they were too lazy to read them and too incompetent to mmake sense of it. They can't even maintain the Force concept. It's now bullshit visions that come when touching an inamate object. learning is outdated, you can become a mster Jedi just because you have a vagina. Why is there even a Jedi order and schools? Learning is stupid, female empowerment is the way.
>>
>>87311148
>Doc and Marty show up in a space-modified delorian
>Great scott! Han, leia, we have to go back to the future, it's about your great-to-the-nth grand kids, THEY'RE WHALES!
>CGI han and leia visit DUDE 80's to save california condor jedi that know the weak spot for the "Universe Raper." The new super weapon being constructed by Darth Drumpf's even eviler nu-Empire.
>>
>>87288479

I like this, should have been the reality.
>>
>>87311626
>doc and marty
>not doc and MORTY
>>
>>87288586

Does this mean Poe is Keith? And he gets to fuck some alien giantess?
>>
>>87311451
No nigger. I read everything I could of the bantam books. I remember the hype train when heir to the empire was first being released.
But for every rogue squadron or thrawn there were more truce at bakura and black fleet crisis horse shit. Eventually it goes off the fucking rails with the vong, and then the next generation of the only-characters-that-matter go full retard.
It's almost all objectively terrible dreck with few exceptions.
There's some shit I love about the old EU, but you can't argue its quality. Its really good, officially sanctioned fan-fiction.
>>
>>87311781
It's Marty.
>>
>>87311893
I unironically liked the vong. my only issue was how they were immune to the force but with power creep being what it was I don't see how they could've been a real threat otherwise.
>>
File: Miss Me Yet Lucas.png (158KB, 400x301px) Image search: [Google]
Miss Me Yet Lucas.png
158KB, 400x301px
>>87286631
>>
>>87287652
Give it back to him and say it's new.
>>
File: 1476907467809.png (976KB, 1238x933px) Image search: [Google]
1476907467809.png
976KB, 1238x933px
>>87286631

You have got to be shitting me. Weaving would have been a perfect choice for a Star Wars villain. Fuck J.J for giving us AIDS Goldmember.
>>
>>87312338
Nope.
>>
>>87305274
They should have killed off Leia and have her mocap for the orange atrocity.
>>
>>87312338
>Guy who ruined star wars forever
Why would anyone miss you George? You made your bed, now lie in it.
>>
I was hoping that TFA would be the only movie that was a remake and the other 2 would be their own original thing, where we would see that the galaxy was divided in two between the New Republic and the Galactic Empire, who have been in a Cold War-like scenario for the past 30 years, with the First Order being the extremists who got kicked out of the Empire because they wanted the war to continue.

The Empire is not as extreme as they used to be, but they are still a dictatorship with an Emperor, but no Sith or Dark Jedi in their ranks, as they all went to the First Order.

The Resistance is, on the other hand, a proxy that the New Republic uses to fight the Empire are located on the outskirts of Imperial territory.

Both the Republic and Empire would've built multiple Death Stars as a deterrent, similar to nukes, but instead of being giant space stations, they were more like Super Star Destroyer-sized ships with superlasers, like the Eclipse.

Starkiller Base would've been an experimental weapon the Empire secretly worked on until the First Order activated it, making it look like the Empire shot first and plunging the galaxy into war again.
>>
>>87312158
>I unironically liked the vong.
That's fine, you can like whatever. But can you really argue that it was good? On a literary merit, or even good sci-fi? Some of it is fun, but its just self indulgent schlock, you know?
I fucking love the x-wing books, but the only time I would ever recommend them would be in the discussion of "star wars EU that's pretty fun." and Wedge and Corran are both >muh boi. But those are some hackey books written by a dude who wrote flavor text for the star wars TTG and played a shit load of x wing vs. TIE fighter.
>>
File: killurslf.png (51KB, 339x298px) Image search: [Google]
killurslf.png
51KB, 339x298px
>it's post trilogy
>you can literally make a star wars saga about ANYTHING
>"lol let's do the empire again"
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>87305579
>>87306965
Except that's wrong you nigger.
>>
>>87299588
You're deluding yourself if you think Star Wars would be any better with an all boys club behind it. Nothing the mainstream movie industry could ever emulate the genuine feeling of the OT unless they had the balls to just give it up to some freaks outside the Hollywood meat grinder.

The reason so many females are getting more visible roles in the movie making process isn't feminism. The industry has been milking shit to desert levels dryness and it's been building up for inevitable failure for decades. Now's the perfect time to shove the fault onto someone else.
>>
>>87312006
I know,but this deep in the cringefest, better add another layer
>>
Keep the first 15 minutes and cut the rest of the film. Release it as a teaser while we get a more competent film in the works.
>>
>>87290193
That's why multiple Macguffins were considered.
It's not like bringing the same retarded idea back but slapping a "Don't you fucking question how this ended up here from the centre of a gas giant" makes it any better.
>>
>>87313246
I liked that they were finally an enemy worth having. everything up to that was either imperial remnant, cloned emperor or some small threat in the unknown regions. plus, you got stories where there are actual consequences.

I think I only read the first couple Xwing books but that's what I looked about them, they were modeled after the Xwing games that I absolutely loved. plus it was a nice change from Jedi stuff.
>>
>>87313418
Sorry anon. It's a personal line in the sand.
>>
>>87313333
This image doesn't look like what the thumbnail makes it look like.
Also I'm not sure if that's true. I tried to look it up, and all I found as proof that Disney owns ALL EU characters, is some random dudes saying "why of course they do, they decided what is 'canon' and clearly 'canon' is a legally binding term that doesn't equate to whatever vaguely coherent string of reasoning you can pull out of your ass to connect multiple works together."
I know they own everything Lucas Film owned, and if there was anything that was only licensed to Lucas Film but was popular, they probably bought that too. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few things out there that was only temporarily Lucas Films. You know, like Watchmen was supposed to be only temporarily DC's.

Also mandatory checked.
>>
>>87313790
>they were modeled after the Xwing games
In the training sim they literally play missions from the games. Its also used as a frame of reference for all the controls and mechanics in the cockpit. It's got some nerd credibility.
What I liked about the books most of all is that they were telling another concise story in the larger framework. Luke, Han, Leia all show up for cameos, but the story isn't about them. Which is a big problem with a lot of the EU. It gets old when galaxy shattering event after galaxy shattering event is all centered on the same three characters and their direct descendents.
Tell some smaller stories that are tangential to the main narrative. For all rogue one's problems I really liked that it felt like one of the many adventures that were happening parallel too these other events.
>>
>>87313333
>Grand Admiral Arnold J. Rimmer B.S.C.
>>
>>87287652
I tell him to tell the higher ups at disney to just replay the original trilogy in theaters with no Lucas edits.
>>
>>87291434
Would have been cool if it was set on Nar Shaddaa
>>
>>87313959
I hate sand.
>>
>>87313790
>Xwing games that I absolutely loved
Not to /v/ up the thread, but those games and Tie Fighter were god-tier games. Even the Tie Fighter Prima guide had a pretty cool little backstory for the game. I miss those old space games.
>>
if you read "the art of the force awakens" book, they story was really secondary to the visual design of the movie. They knew right away they wanted to have a "junkyard" planet filled with old imperial vehicles to communicate the passage of time visually. They also looked seriously at a lava planet with a fire castle, which got recycled into vader's castle in rogue one. It also looked like abrams totally scrapped most of what they had when he took over, and the art team even "retconned" the concept art so it would seem like they thought of the final scenes way before hand.
>>
>>87315677
>they story was really secondary to the visual design of the movie.
But the visual design is awful. Rogue one at least had a really good aesthetic that looked and felt like star wars.
I attribute most of this to JJ using his own studio Bad Robot for production instead of lucasfilm. I mean fuck you JJ, if you want to make your own space opera movie franchise, go do it. Sony would shit their pants if you shopped it to them. And you managed to get final cut from disney, so you're not without some nuts to swing.
But for fucks sake stop riding on other people's shit.
>>
File: 1498866724803.jpg (186KB, 541x604px) Image search: [Google]
1498866724803.jpg
186KB, 541x604px
>>87312338
I never doubted you, but now Disney has ruined Star Wars more than you could possibly imagine.
>>
File: dubs man happy.jpg (24KB, 421x407px) Image search: [Google]
dubs man happy.jpg
24KB, 421x407px
>>87313333
Rebels Thrawn was so goddamn bad
Also nice digits
>>
>>87316767
you're right, the final visual design is super watered-down compared to the earliest concept art. But i mean in the earliest stages of planning, the concept art essentially wasn't guided by any story ideas.
>>
>>87315642
>but those games and Tie Fighter were god-tier games.
Its the Lucas paradox. He's important to things I guess, but his real legacy was establishing all these companies that went on to make magic for decades.
ILM, skywalker sound, lucas arts all basically were playgrounds for really creative people in their respective fields, and the guy who runs the show is the megarich dude who created star wars.
His legacy is his ability to find and collaborate with the best people in their fields to make something that tries to push the boundary. It's a shame he seems to have developed some kind of weirdo inferiority complex about star wars.
>>
>>87317470
he also created Pixar
>>
>>87318038
Exactly. He's created such a huge impact on cinema that he's indirectly responsible for cinema in the late 70's, 80's, and early to mid 90's.
His whole behavior with the special editions and the prequels has always boggled my fucking mind as an OG star wars kiddie.
Maybe not everyone appreciated what you've done George, but I fucking did. And you've done nothing but kick me in the nuts for almost the last two decades.
>>
>>87317470
>It's a shame he seems to have developed some kind of weirdo inferiority complex about star wars.

He blames Star Wars for ruining his life and career; his wife fucked the window glazer while he was making RotJ and the success of Star Wars as a brand prevented him from making the movies he "really wanted to make", but he had a weird sense of ownership over it and refused to hand it over to anyone else for 30 years.

That said, at the end of the day he has no one but himself to blame, he had the resources to make any kind of movie he wanted but he insisted on more Star Wars because it was easy money.
>>
>>87318477
I get the special edition as him trying to warm up before taking on a new trilogy. I bet he was worried about making bad sequels so he went for prequels. Even if they failed, they don't tarnish the OT. What JJ abrams did is ruin them in the worst possible way.
>>
>>87287692
(You)
>>
>>87318810
>the success of Star Wars as a brand prevented him from making the movies he "really wanted to make"
I hate this excuse of his. If anything he was in a position to give others what he was always looking for. A chance to make weird risky movies outside of the old studio system.
And I fucking love american graffiti, its a great movie. I don't get how making a huge movie stops you from making smaller movies. It's not like spielberg just remade jaws for 30 years. He made jurassic park one year, and then schindler's list the next.
He just always comes across as "the dog with two bones."
>>
File: Grand Admiral Thrawn.jpg (1MB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Grand Admiral Thrawn.jpg
1MB, 849x1200px
>>87317098
>Rebels Thrawn was so goddamn bad
Except that's also wrong you nigger, and Zahn's new Thrawn novel is his best work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArBLsdLOaaI
>>
>>87319314
I mean the special editions officially replacing the theatrical cuts. He made up some bullshit about the masters being destroyed despite the fact that the THX remaster in the 90's was created specifically to preserve the films in their original form for posterity. And now he lost them? Fuck you.
The special editions were cook because as someone who had been born in '83 I never got to see star wars in the theater.
I spent the first 15 years of my life only knowing star wars as pan and scan on VHS. The dragon skeleton or tusken raiders in the viewfinder were a fucking mystery until sci fi marathoned the trilogy over a weekend with the letterbox version playing right after.
Shit was hype. Kids these days can't even imagine the hype to see it in theaters.
>>
>>87321058
I do. I've seen episodes 1 in theater when the special edition came out.

I thought that a few years later they'd show episode 2 again, then three.
>>
>>87286697
Unironically like this with a few more drafts.
>>
>>87297325

This is seriously the best idea Ive seen for ep 7. It's really simple and doesn't hinge on old actors and old ideas. Id have probably kept Jedi duties on Rey, it's not bad to make her strong in the force or a jedi, but totally make Poe there, present and their pilot. Its a strong trio and could have worked great.

You could even have made luke alive and just old and using the force to live. Kylo could be Han and Leias son using technology to keep him alive. Moving even further ahead would have been better than this odd 30 year jump.
>>
>>87291836
I'm glad. Wedge was one of my favorite guys from the OT and later EU.

His image remains un-defiled.
>>
>>87320610
Zahn's new Thrawn book is very good, and the soundtrack for him was also very nice, but in the series he was just losing battle after battle with the excuse that all is according to keikaku, until he beat up the special forces guy and took the coordinates from his transmission, and even then he was outsmarted, or outbullshitted, by the rebels with the Bendu thing. My problem here is that he was just losing most of the time until he got most of the information by beating someone up and then lost anyway. Most of his discovery and his failure didn't really come because of his intelect, but just mostly bullshit and convenience.
Thread posts: 263
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.