[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will the rest of the series be adapted?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: eragon.jpg (274KB, 1094x1500px) Image search: [Google]
eragon.jpg
274KB, 1094x1500px
When will the rest of the series be adapted?
>>
I think it's a little late for that senpai
>>
I heard the books went to shit after the first one.
Is that true?
>>
>>87279958
Hopefully never.

Even as a teen I could see that the first two books were a rip-off of Star Wars and by the third book the author was cognizant of this so he started doing damage control

Never read the final book because in the original books it was advertised as a Trilogy and I thought it was over
>>
>>87280126
The first one wasn't exactly good.
>>
>>87280126
They went to shit as soon as Christopher Paolini started writing.
>>
>>87279958
Never. The movie was horrible. Now, the books were lazy derivative crap, that's true. But Twilight was literally Harry Potter fanfiction and that was successful. If Eragon had been directed and acted well, it could have been a major franchise despite its lazy writing. Let's be honest, if you look at the source material, we've all seen far worse movies do well on screen.

>>87280126
The first book wasn't good to begin with, but yes, they got worse. Also, in defense of Paolini, the guy who wrote the books: he wrote Eragon when he was 14 years old. Think about that for a second. A fucking 14-year old wrote a best seller. He's now a millionaire. And all he had to do was lazily adapt Star Wars into a fantasy setting and throw in some LOTR elements.

If they hadn't cast a fucking charisma vaccuum as the male lead, and stuck to the (already lazy, formulaic) book, they could have made so much money.
>>
>>87280399
>be Christopher Paolini, age 13
>write Star Wars fanfiction
>dude like what if it was medieval and there were dragons
>Galbatorix=Palpatine
>Eragon=Luke
>Dragon Riders=Jedi
>Morzan=Vader
>Bronn=Obi-Wan
>be an autist, so you think you've struck gold with your fanfic
>beg mommy and daddy to drive you downtown, where you hold copies of your book on street corners while dressed in medieval cosplay
>it fucking works
>you make fucking millions

I truly don't understand it
>>
>>87280424
The only reason he got his book published was because his parents happened to own a publishing house
>>
>>87280542
Wait, really? Oh, that makes a lot more sense then. It's a bit disappointing to find out this sort of stuff. Like how Taylor Swift only got big because her daddy was a VP at Goldman Sachs.
>>
>>87279958
never because the books were derivative boring garbage
>>
>>87280533
Saphira=?
>>
>>87280774
millennium falcon
>>
>>87280774
Anakin's lightsaber and/or the force. Saphira touching his hand is what allows him to access magic.
>>
>>87280774
pure sex
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.