[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Detroit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

>Budget: $34 million
>Total gross: $16.5 million

What happened?
>>
>>87279608
Here comes a legion of KBIDF saying that they made this movie for awards recognition. Bullshit, because they would have released it in the winter/fall like all of its competition.
>>
>>87279608
They made a movie about Detroit falling apart because nigs gon nig?
>>
>>87279608
Move came out two, maybe three years too late to capitalize on the BLM movement, which by now most people have lost interest in.
>>
>>87279896
Is that fucking so? I don't want to look up the review but how can they justify that?
>>
>>87280092
by being milennial garbage?

seriously have you not glanced at the news in the last five years? It's been the media's status quo for ages.
>>
>>87279608
Just seems like a shitty, depressing, racist movie.
Do people still like Boyega?
>>
>>87279663
I didn't go watch this propaganda but it can still get nominations and win awards regardless of being released outside of Oscar season. It's just a lot less likely.
>>
Like, what, 2 movies from Kathryn Bigelow actually broke even? One was because it got a shit ton of nominations and wins, one was because it's previous movie got said noms and wins.

Also, yea, no one cares about Detroit, what happened, or anything about it. Making a movie about it would hardly bring in any business.
>>
>>87280190
And I bet if the whore house was run by Italians there would have been no riots and no one would have defended their actions. Fuck this country's obsession with race. Europeans don't bitch to Turkey when they were enslaved by the Ottoman empire for centuries.
>>
>>87279807
I don't even think you can pin it on the BLM shit, otherwise that lame-ass attempt to 'reclaim' Birth Of A Nation a while back would have swept everything.
>>
LOL the black from starwars is only getting into shitty movies now. What a dumbass.
>>
>>87280190

It was the buildup of systemic racism that kept the uprising for going on so long, the blind pig was only the tip of the iceberg. The black population of Detroit thought the only way to break the system was by breaking their own things
>>
>>87280778
well congratulations to them, because the white businesses and residents fled the city and now they are worse off than before.
>>
>>87279608
They tried to make it seem like a racially polarizing film, but racism wasn't really at the core of what they were showing. They just showed how bad decisions from individuals on both sides can lead to messed up things happening.
>>
>>87280778
Yeah it totally worked, now all the jobs are gone (white people made them) and now detroit is filled with nothing but blacks and relentless crime.
>>
>>87280480
>otherwise that lame-ass attempt to 'reclaim' Birth Of A Nation a while back would have swept everything.

That was the plan, but the whole rape controversy derailed it, and a better alternative came along with the gay nigger movie
>>
I just don't like black people.

There, I said it.
>>
People don't go to the movies for this shit.
Hollywood is realizing the hard way.
>>
>>87281094
That really hurts whitey. I thought we were buddies.
>>
>movie about Detroit
>titled Detroit
>falls down just like Detroit

very accurate to source.
>>
It wasn't a movie people wanted to see. Neither was it a movie worth making.
>>
>>87281709
They did at some point,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyPhsFxnc_c
>>
Apparently they had BLM leaders (sometimes) on set to help with the acting direction and there was significant anti-white signs/curriculum on set.

The director even said that they wanted an after credits scene of them hanging donald trump.

Youtube it, its pretty easy to find.
>>
How the fuck was the budget for this $34 million
>>
File: black_gestapo_xlg.jpg (267KB, 989x1500px) Image search: [Google]
black_gestapo_xlg.jpg
267KB, 989x1500px
>>87282055
Hollywood thought they had black renaissance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzSrGWUyMuI
>>
>>87279608
It's a movie made for awards, not for plebs.
>>
File: star wars future.jpg (202KB, 1242x1733px) Image search: [Google]
star wars future.jpg
202KB, 1242x1733px
>>87279608
He already won.
>>
Will there ever be a film about how white liberals make actual racism worse for nonwhites by making films like this?
>>
>>87282826
>It's a BLM member racemixes episode
The biggest coons, I swear to God.
>>
>>87282826
I find this funny. The black and white display pic where he is pretending to read a book just seals the deal.
>>
File: boyega BLACKED rei.jpg (42KB, 587x415px) Image search: [Google]
boyega BLACKED rei.jpg
42KB, 587x415px
>>87283005
>>87282962
>>
>>87282826
What's the problem here?
>>
>>87280205
Nobody liked him to begin with
>>
>>87281884
>The director even said that they wanted an after credits scene of them hanging donald trump.
>Youtube it, its pretty easy to find.
Yeah can someone with a youtube sauce this?
>>
I saw it. It's just a bummer honestly. A good 40% of the movie is just one police officer harassing and beating a line-up of five or six black guys. No one wants to go through that. It's exhausting.
>>
>>87280268
More like she's only made two movies that are considered good and both feel awfully like movies that would be made by her then-husband.
>>
Boring propaganda is the worst kind of propaganda.
>>
>>87283127
How will this go? Will it be brushed under the rug? Will a rogue feminist who doesn't realize her job is to be a distraction demand he be called out on this? Will Daisy be told to laugh it off? Are they all off the rails and this will start a war between the factions over a shitty Star Wars movie?
>>
When are these people going to realise that Hollywood doesn't solve problems concerning race?
>>
>>87279608
>What happened
>>
Best movie of 2017 so far.
>>
>>87284300
nothing. bunch of queenss saying he's slaying it and they want to suck his dick
>>
>>87284540
filtered
>>
>>87284300
literally yass queening over it people have made fanart of it

It's fucking hilarious- they designate stronk female role models and Boobodoyega shits over it with the gorilla dancing
>>
>>87279608
>What happened?
Liberal mayors for three decades.
>>
Hollywood is retarded. No one wants to pay money to get lectured about how evil whitey is. Fucking kikes
>>
>>87280092
same logic that people use in "Do the Right Thing." it's ok to destroy people's property if you frame the situation as a choice between destroying property and killing people.

if you start with a false premise you can justify anything!
>>
why would i want to watch a movie about something thats almost pretty much real
>>
>>87279608
>try to read through thread
>literally half of the posts are deleted
OK
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.