[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wheel of time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: rand.jpg (70KB, 853x482px) Image search: [Google]
rand.jpg
70KB, 853x482px
Robert Jordan originally sold a TV rights option to NBC in 2000. NBC planned to adapt the books as a network TV series spanning several seasons. However, interest in the project dried up after the writers involved departed from NBC.

Shortly after this, a Japanese animation studio contacted Jordan and proposed an anime series based on the first three books. However, they only wanted to adapt those books and not the complete series. Jordan was not interested in this adaptation.

In 2004 Robert Jordan sold the TV, film, video game and comic book rights to Red Eagle Entertainment, a rights-handling company set up to develop multimedia projects based on the novels. This deal was worth approximately $640,000 and was due to last for eleven years, unless a long-running TV series or movie franchise was in production by that time.

In 2008 Red Eagle re-sold the film rights to Universal Pictures. Universal developed a film script based on The Eye of the World. However, Universal decided not to proceed with the adaptation and the rights returned to Red Eagle.

In 2014 Sony Television developed an interest in the property as an ongoing, big-budget TV series. They discussed the project with Red Eagle and with Harriet McDougal, Robert Jordan's widow, editor and literary heir and executor.

The TV and film rights were due to revert to the Robert Jordan Estate (the Bandersnatch Group) in early February 2015. However, Red Eagle self-produced a 22-minute short film based on the prologue to The Eye of the World, starring Billy Zane, and paid to have it broadcast on the FX Network in the United States. They argued that this constituted getting a TV or film series into production and thus they should retain the rights. They won.

On 28 April 2016, the Robert Jordan Estate issued a statement confirming that the legal discussions had been resolved satisfactorily and that a TV adaptation of The Wheel of Time was now being developed with a "major studio".
>>
clicked this thread cause of the kaiji picture then my eyes glazed over all that worthless text
>>
File: kaiji.gif (1MB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
kaiji.gif
1MB, 512x288px
ZAWA ZAWA
>>
So based on recency interest, we assume the major studio is Sony? Is there any harder confirmation to this?

Harriet got $640,000 in 2004 huh? That must have dwindled by now. Wonder how much she settled for this time. SPE is on the brink of bankruptcy.
>>
I'd watch this depending on who plays Moiraine
>>
>>87277301
once you have set no withdrawal is allowed
>>
>Ashamen, kill!
>>
>>87277424
Confirmed Sony Pictures Television. Casting is underway right now. Initial shoot is sched'd for March 2018. First harvest expected May or June '18 and if all goes well premiere will happen November or July.
>>
>wheel of time

I can tell that it sucks by the name
>>
btw is there any anime about a western book series?
>>
>>87280945
Dragonlance f. Kiefer Sutherland as Raistlin
>>
it's actually true?
>>
>>87277241
It's really weird how The Wheel of Time is being made into a television series by a major studio (Sony Pictures Television) but it's like, not even significant news on /tv/. This is, like, the next Game of Thrones and, like, nobody seems to even care.
>>
wot is the most generic trash imaginable. If you like fantasy at all you won't like wot
>>
>>87283422
This. It's pretty good though
>>
>>87277241
Nice thread, MORON.
>>
>>87277241
Welp, looks like this is finally becoming a television series
>>
GoT is sparking a bunch of sub-par copycat trash.
>>
>>87285747
Sadly,this.
>>
>>87285747
Sadly... this.
>>
>>87280945
Many of the world masterpiece theatre series were based on european and north american books
>>
>>87286599
I liked that one. Wait, I'm thinking of Mouseterpiece Theatre. Oh, my. How embarrassing.
>>
>>87280945
There's a Deltora Quest series and a Magic Tree House movie.
>>
>>87285747
unfortunately I concur
>>
>>87285747

Every studio wants that audience once GoT is gone.

How are you going to do weaving on screen? It's either there or not there depending on the viewpoint.
>>
>>87288817
>aes sedai weaving magic
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-zxOwo10_U
>>
>>87288817
Best is doing a Magneto when the camera is on a 3rd person perspective, with the gay color weaves only visible if the camera is from a channeler character's pov. The more skilled the channeler the less manual tics s/he uses.
>>
>>87290455

It's probably also not totally relevant until we start learns about weaves from the main characters. Seeing them from Moiraine's PoV isn't important.

So, which character will be blacked? You've got inbred farming communities that have been basically the same and isolated for 2000 years, that clearly means half of them will be black and some of them Asian.

>Lan will be black
>>
>>87288900
that's fucking retarded thanks for that.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.