[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ - Screenwriting General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: 1407081746586.jpg (7KB, 225x232px) Image search: [Google]
1407081746586.jpg
7KB, 225x232px
Post any questions, comments, or ideas you have about screenwriting here.

How's your screenplay coming along, /tv/?
>>
File: 1466927237567.png (1MB, 968x600px) Image search: [Google]
1466927237567.png
1MB, 968x600px
Behold! Netflix's next great hit!

A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.
>>
File: 1465512469337.jpg (6KB, 227x225px) Image search: [Google]
1465512469337.jpg
6KB, 227x225px
>>87273212
>tfw I made this pic
>>
>>87273138
I don't have any good ideas, or the skill to complete a proper screenplay, or the ambition to market it if I did. Is there a service where I can purchase a turnkey screenplay which has already been marketed?
>>
A friend and I are writing a screenplay about a royal tiger hunt taking place during the British Raj. Thoughts on the concept?
>>
File: Every Pixel Finds a Way.jpg (155KB, 1349x654px) Image search: [Google]
Every Pixel Finds a Way.jpg
155KB, 1349x654px
>>87273212
100% kino.
>>
File: 1.jpg (116KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
116KB, 600x399px
>>87273138
It's about a native Hong Kong Chinese singer in the 80s returning home after 9 years in the US. One night while entertaining the denizens of the crappy bar he performs at he attracts the attention of the son of a local triad boss who takes a liking to him. The triad boss' son offers the guy a job at the family's personal club and the guy, desperate for money, accepts. The singer and mob boss' son form a growing friendship with one another but he finds himself torn between his loyalty to his newfound friend and benefactors and an old flame whom he discovers is the lover of a rival triad leader. Things come to a head as the man finds himself pulled deeper and deeper into the bonds of loyalty, honor, intrigue and cruelty in the neon streets of 80s era Hong Kong.
>>
>>87273932
That sounds really cool, anon. Got any work done yet?
>>
>>87274051
No. I don't know how to write a screenplay
>>
>>87274136
Google "screenplay format" and get to work.
>>
>>87273707
do they bag a tiger or is it just about the journey?
if they do plink a tiger do they have it stuffed or just take its head for a trophy?
does the stuffed tiger or tiger's head have any chance of being cursed by a strange jungle curse and coming back to life to eat the royals or is it a straightforward film with no magic?
>>
>>87273138
FINALLY THE STAR WARS GENERAL HAS RETURNNED!
>>
File: 1504454181582.jpg (2MB, 2432x3775px) Image search: [Google]
1504454181582.jpg
2MB, 2432x3775px
I would just have Lily Collins in a sundress make cute faces at the camera while i follow her frolicking through a flower patch. That would pretty much be the entire movie.
>>
>>87273138
I'm writing a 3 hour long Panzerkino about Operation Barbarossa

This will be the theme: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jEIm3pe5wbA
>>
>>87274266
It's more about the journey. The focus of the film will be about sociopolitical issues between Indians and Brits at the time and general drama/adventure.

We're not sure if they capture a tiger yet. It's more of a plot device to drive a group of characters to the edge and may also serve as a metaphorical symbol for elusive but dangerous ideals such as gentrification of an entire country during the era of Colonialism.

No magic. Maybe some trippy stuff, but that's about it. Negative capability is possible.
>>
>>87274563
plagiarizing malick
>>
>>87273932
stealing this
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.