[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I thought I was your friend How would DC handle this scene?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: iron.jpg (24KB, 634x264px) Image search: [Google]
iron.jpg
24KB, 634x264px
>I thought I was your friend

How would DC handle this scene?
>>
in DC they wouldnt say it because it doesnt make any god damn sense.
Since when were Tony and Steve EVER friends?
We literally never see them act anything other than antagonistic towards one another at best, outright hostile at worst.
>>
>>87259745

The real failure of this movie is that it tries to justify Tony's actions here after showing him being wrong the whole movie
>>
I don't know but correct me if I'm wrong, didn't this meme movie end with Captain America leaving a "my bad bruh" answering machine message to Tony, and didnt Don Cheetos crippling game changing "oh man this shit is serious" quadriplegia get fixed 30 minutes after it occured. Man you capeshit faggots like some fag shit.
>>
Probably with a stilted speech referencing Judas's betrayal to the backdrop of semi-operatic music.
>>
>>87259802
You have no idea how many times I've tried to explain this to people. They've never demonstrated even comfortable coworker status. They've always outwardly hated one another. Tony was raised in the shadow of Steve. Tony's father loved Steve more than Tony and told him that constantly. Steve doesn't respect Tony because he's not the man his father was. They're definitely not friends. Very hostile. This scene was stupid because there was no reason for Tony to believe that the man he hates would choose him over his close childhood friend. Bad writing at its finest.
>>
>>87259925
I'm pretty sure War Machine's leglessness was fixed in the exact next scene. They were in physical therapy cracking jokes and Don Cheadle was already walking.
>>
>>87259802
It's almost as bad as Star Wars' "he was a good friend", but even in Star Wars, you have some scenes like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm854yq38jY

Bad dialogue aside, these are two characters who care for one another. Tony and Steve never showed any kind of positivity towards one another.
>>
File: cap.png (315KB, 852x438px) Image search: [Google]
cap.png
315KB, 852x438px
>>87259802
>I will miss you, Tony.

They were friendly rivals, like Rocky and Apollo.
>>
>>87260184
No they weren't. They were unfriendly coworkers. 3.
>>
>tony creates ultron, turns out its evil
>decides to try again using a vibranium body and infinity stone?????????????
>luckily turns out to be the vision
>planet almost gets destroyed
>at the very least an entire city is turned to dust

>civil war
>admints to captain that he only signs the accords to convince pippa that he's 'changed'
>literally throwing all his friends in jail on the off chance he will get his dick sucked

he is the biggest cunt in the entire marvel universe. hes the greatest threat to earth. how does he have any friends? why isnt he in jail?
>>
>>87260140
Should of ended like the robbery scene from Boogie Nights with Cheadle stealing a bunch of SHIELD shit
>>
>>87260091
You have no idea how alpha male relationships work. Raised by a single mother, right?
>>
>>87260171
>>87260091
You guys don't get out much, do you?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (202KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
202KB, 1920x1080px
>>87260244
Unfriendly coworkers don't hang out with each-other after work.
>>
File: images (10).jpg (18KB, 240x269px) Image search: [Google]
images (10).jpg
18KB, 240x269px
Tony, it's Cap.
>bunch of no homo platitudes
We good right cuz, tight, fuck these movies suck-ah I mean, live long and prosper....
>>
>>87260275
Yes, I was, but I have friends. Friendships aren't like what Cap and Tony had. It's essentially the opposite.
>>
>>87260341
I work at a movie theater. I just work and watch movies. What else is there in life?
>>
File: laugh.jpg (21KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
21KB, 258x245px
>>87260275
>>87260422
>>
They're not bros like Cap is with Bucky and Falcon or Stark is with Bannerand Rhodes, but they're friends and clearly respect each other.
>>
Its been how many movies and you guys dont see how this dialogue is completely in-line with Tony's character? He treats all of his "friends" like utter trash, constantly fights with them, and puts them in danger all the time due to his warped sense of justice. He is a self-centered cunt and his reasons for signing the accords cemented this- he will never change.

Of COURSE he thought Cap was his friend, everybody around him gets treated like shit and still hangs around him so what else could it be?
>>
>>87260515
You can respect someone without being their friends.
>>
>>87260140
I want a scene in the new avengers film where scarjos cunt gets blown the fuck off in super detal like that guys face from Elysium and the next scene Stan Lee is giving her a vaginoplasty and they're all cracking "pussy" bants. I'm talking Giovanni Ribisi "MOMMA.." levels of pussy carnage from some explosion or whatever.
>>
>>87260091
>>87260171
>>87260422
You guys are fighting over one line, and overthinking it too much. I don't think Tony meant that they were "BEST FRIENDS FOREVER, HOW COULD YOU BETRAAAAY ME, REEEE!" Not being good friends, doesn't mean they hated each other, if they did they'd never be on the same team.
>>
>>87259802
>in DC they wouldnt say it because it doesnt make any god damn sense.

so they would
>>
>>87259745
Superman says "I thought I was your friend", and in his grief he punches Batman so hard the shockwave destroys everything around them for ten miles, killing millions

At the end of the hero, everyone says Superman is an inspiring hero as he stands on a mountain of skulls caused by his latest fight
>>
>>87260535
The only friends i recall him having is Happy, Rhodes and maybe Banner and he didn't treat any of them like shit.
>>
File: IMG_20170825_185614.png (232KB, 468x383px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170825_185614.png
232KB, 468x383px
>tfw I lay secure in the knowledge that both marvel and DC movies are trash and comics, although at times brilliant, were something I read as a child.
>>
>>87260629
It's not about taking the line too seriously, It's about the implications of the dialogue in comparison to the occurrences of the films. I just thought it was a dumb line. Chill.
>>
>>87260355
If they belong to a bigger group they might lol
>>
ITT: Lonely autists imagining what having friends irl must be like
>>
>>87259745
"But I thought your mother's name was Martha too..."
>>
>>87259745
>*shows montage or any kind of visual narrative way of showing their friendship*
>*shot of tony being sad before the confrontation*
>*critics and plebs don't get because they are used to heavy handed exposition about stuff that doesn't make sense*
>>
>>87260171
>implying that friends/teachers can't ever disagree or fight with each other at any point in the middle of a war
Gee, I bet you never rebelled against your parents too.
>>
>>87259802
>this triggers the marlet
>>
>>87260184
This.
The posters saying they aren't either didn't watch the movies or have literal autism.
>>
>>87259895
It doesn't really justify his actions, just gives him a certain level of understanding. He's still treated as being wrong and comes around more to Cap's side afterwards.
>>
>>87260666
kek, also nice trips
>>
>>87260086
In a church with stained glass renditions of the last supper with each character being set in front of judas as they deliver their lines.
>>
>>87260091
They weren't friends in a traditional sense but they didn't hate each other. They're more like brothers than anything because while they don't have much in common they clearly have a serious bond given how many times they've been in fights/war together.
>>
>people still pretend Civil War wasn't total shit
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.