[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: hidden protagonists list and discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: she's all that.jpg (115KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
she's all that.jpg
115KB, 1920x800px
ITT: hidden protagonists

list and discuss
>>
R2 D2
>>
>>87255279
not seeing it t b h
>>
>>87255441
You've got R2 a small asteroid that just happens to be present with his best buddy C3 PO at nearly all the great moments of the history of his universe.

All the times he saves the day like when they ran the blockade at Naboo, Elevator on Grevious' ship, trash compactor on the Death Star, etc were all him talking up his achievements. At every chance R2 gets he makes C3 PO look stuipid since C3 PO always said how useless he was.

All the scenes not involving him was R2 filling in the blanks. Always being around the central characters lets him listen in on conversations and find out whats happening.
>>
>>87256188
okay, thats semi-convincing, and you know what, id be all in favor of that interpretation of the character of r2d2 if the main story architect wasnt george lucas.

when the guy telling the story is a bumbling bafoon, all those moments where r2 supposedly plays a pivotal role in the story are more believable as clumsy attempts at connecting threads and adding flavor.
>>
Samwise Gamgee.
>>
A side character can't be a protagonist by definition
>>
>>87256697
fuck off
>>
>>87256188
But the story doesn't follow R2 primarily, so he literally can't be the protagonist.
>>
File: WW_08361cc.0.jpg (286KB, 1201x1800px) Image search: [Google]
WW_08361cc.0.jpg
286KB, 1201x1800px
>>87254520
I WISH I COULD APPROACH HER LIKE CHRIS PINE DID AND TALK ABOUT THE NATURE OF FIRE AND MORTALITY AND STROKE HER BEAUTIFUL CERAMIC FACE AND MAKE HER WET FOR ME, A TRUE APPRECIATOR OF HER BEAUTY AND TALENT, NOT JUST ANOTHER MAN WHO LOOKS RIGHT THROUGH HER LIKE SHE'S SOME GHOST... DOOMED TO ONLY CREATE INSTRUMENTS OF WAR AND TO NEVER KNOW LOVE...

I'LL GIVE YOU LOVE, MARU, MY SWEET MARU, AND KISS YOUR BEAUTIFUL CERAMIC LIPS AND THEN KISS AND LICK YOUR PERFECT DISFIGURED HALF FACE AND HOLD YOU IN MY ARMS THROUGH THE NIGHT
>>
>>87256781
New Hope arguably does
>>
>Dr Poison

jesus christ
>>
>>87254520
Dan White in "Milk"
>>
>>87256837
she probably got the nickname as a little girl, bullied by her "peers" in school. poor thing.
>>
>>87255441
it has been noted that Lucas took a lot of inspiration from Kurosawa and one of the films where this is more obvious is The Hidden Fortress. The framing of the whole movie and the adventure are two bumbling criminals who somehow get caught up in this bigger story. You follow the story through their perspective. This is the role that R2 and C-3PO originally took on. The start of New Hope of them walking through the desert is almost directly lifted from The Hidden Fortress. So you have these droids that are present and play a part in almost all the important events that take place while also providing small commentary on the events. So Star Wars, like Hidden Fortress is framed as these two droids that get involved in something much bigger than them and we the audience experience these events through their eyes, I would argue more so than through the eyes of Luke Skywalker or any other main character.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.