[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever have an epic war kino on Operation Barbarossa?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0546.jpg (142KB, 600x869px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0546.jpg
142KB, 600x869px
Will we ever have an epic war kino on Operation Barbarossa?
>>
>>87247242
Come And See
>>
>>87247242
No because lord of the rings already did humans vs. orcs?
>>
File: 1504438659338.jpg (240KB, 600x869px) Image search: [Google]
1504438659338.jpg
240KB, 600x869px
>>87247242
What was even the point of that southern front? Wouldn't it be more effective if they focused on Moscow and Saint Petersburg?
>>
>>87247302
1. Stalin was expecting an attack on Moscow and it was much better defended
2. All the oil came from the Caucasus region
3. The Volga and Black Sea were what the allies used to deliver lend lease
>>
>>87247302
Capturing Ukrainian grain so they wouldn't be starved out like in the First world war from a joint French-British blockade.

Also, Hitler was retarded, and couldn't distinguish what was rational, and what was purely symbolic so he hoped to conquer lands around the Black sea so that German families could "colonize" it even before the war would've ended.
>>
>>87247302
Oil fields and Sevastopol. In fact, had Hitler stuck to the original plan on taking the oil fields and just them and ignored Stalingrad, he would have come much closer to winning. Instead he got autistic over Stalingrad and split his forces up, getting involved with a meat grinder for fucking months.

As for why it was there RIGHT at the start? Because there were army groups there, but the ultimate plan was to go down to the oil fields. Plus, as I said, Sevastopol, which is a super important port and a main reason that Russia invaded Crimea. It's the largest port in the area, has military grade docks, has the most trade and facilities to do it. Russia makes mad bank now they control it.
>>
File: BigL-p286[1].jpg (113KB, 800x639px) Image search: [Google]
BigL-p286[1].jpg
113KB, 800x639px
>>87247325
>3. The Volga and Black Sea were what the allies used to deliver lend lease
Almost negligable though but good point.
>>
>>87247302
To secure a route to the Baku oil fields
>>
Fun fact. The first supply shipment that reached Leningrad after the siege had broken was something like 10,000 cats, to deal with the rodent problem because the inhabitants had eaten all of the cats during the siege.

Out of all the things they could have sent, like food and water, guns or whatever. They sent trains full of cats. Some were promptly eaten (though I think there was a punishment for doing so)
>>
>>87247413
2cat!!
>>
History is for boring alt right Drumpf supporters.
>>
>>87247778
only people who talk like this are alt right false faggers.
>>
>>87247242
theres no black people having sex with white women in the eastern front so no
>>
File: 1470362807009.jpg (66KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470362807009.jpg
66KB, 450x600px
>tfw reenacting this in hoi4
>>
>>87248866
>HoI:4
>litterally "draw a line and do nothing for the next half-hour"
It disgusts me how casual Paradox is making their games.

Beating the USSR was supposed to be a thrill back on DH and III. Now it's something faggots do on their first game.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.