[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It Comes At Night

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: It-Comes-at-Night-banner.png (58KB, 525x350px) Image search: [Google]
It-Comes-at-Night-banner.png
58KB, 525x350px
What did /tv/ think of this film?

9/10 for me
>>
>>87242351
>white father
>black son

PLOT HOLE
>>
>>87242461

Was it really that difficult for you to realize the black female protagonist was the mom?
>>
It was a cool film. It felt like a game of chess, where the characters were thinking three or four steps ahead at all time. I liked its message about survival, how contemporary morals don't belong in life and death situations. I especially liked how the father did everything right. Everything. But he still wound up being the bad guy in the end, and he couldn't save his son. That's a pretty brutal message and it was executed flawlessly.

But I don't think this film would hold up to repeat viewings. The tension comes from not knowing what will happen, once you know, you're just waiting for boring scenes to finish. Like when the dad goes outside at night to see if there are others with Will. They show him looking around at night. The paranoia comes entirely from the viewer's head, not from the way the scene is filmed or what happens in the scene, because nothing happens. When you know nothing will happen, you're just waiting for the scene to end.

The film doesn't leave much open to interpretation, either. It would have been nice if there were some red herrings or clues or something to review repeated viewing and different interpretations.
>>
>>87242698

It is a great film. I do wish they provided more insight into what the sickness was. It's supposed to be left open to interpretation, an apparent "supernatural sickness" or biological disease but still would have liked more depth I think.
>>
>>87242654
>dad
>not stepdad

imbecile (You)
>>
>>87242763

I just watched it and no where did I hear that mentioned unless I'm a gigantic dead fag. But hey point me in the right direction
>>
It was a pointless waste of time piece of shit. Worse even than the VVitch.
>>
The relationship the dude had with his wife's son was pretty cute
>>
>>87242754
Eh, I disagree.

They very easily could have thrown in a zombie or more information on the disease, but that would have just pulled the focus of the story away from what was important. As it currently stands, it's clear that what's gone wrong with the world is of zero importance in the film. What's important are what the characters do to each other to survive.
>>
>flick called "it comes at night"

>Nothing comes at night

Shitty film
>>
Who opened the red door?

was the parents infected at the end?
>>
>>87242351
seemed lazy, t b h
>>
>>87242892

vvitch was much better. boy in vvitch was handsome.
>>
>>87243153

Not sure about the first one but yes the parents both were infected
>>
Ok flick. Nothing special. Should have been like an hour longer. Overrated by the reddit pseud crowd.
>>
>>87243153
I actually went to reddit to see what the fuck was up with the movie and apparently he was sleepwalking the whole time, and opened the door himself. I thought they were just vivid dreams since he was traumatized
>>
>>87242351
really solid movie, 8/10
>>
>>87243217
should have been 90 minutes shorter you mean.
>>
>>87243106
Fear comes at darkness, which comes at night, and you can't tell what is in the dark.

So you fear the unknown.

It's allegorical tale of meta subject of fear.
>>
>>87243185

andrew a cute. A CUTE.
>>
>>87243153
Andrew was probably sleep walking and opened the door.
>>
File: here_alone[1].jpg (157KB, 511x755px) Image search: [Google]
here_alone[1].jpg
157KB, 511x755px
The same movie except better.
>>
>>87243153
There was no infection you doofus
>>
>>87243482
They were infected with Drumpfism. It was all an allegory.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.