[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good movies that flew under the radar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Rush.jpg (96KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Rush.jpg
96KB, 500x750px
>>
Best sports rivalry movie since Rad.
>>
I agree. It was kinda good.
>>
Crimson Peak. He kept saying it wasn't a horror movie, but every trailer kept advertising it as such. People went in with misguided expectations.
>>
Honestly? The Mexican.
The studio marketed it as a cute adventure rom-com starring two heart throb actors, Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts, but that's not what it was so it tanked.

It was actually a cynical heist comedy about a hapless idiot, his twat of a girlfriend and a self loathing hitman. And James Gandolfini was fucking great in it.
>>
>>87235465
I think I wasn't in the right mood when I started watching this one. I turned it off after 20 minutes. I just wasn't getting into it at all.
>>
>>87235534
want to get into a proper mood and watch it togeths?
>>
>>87235306

Bruhl should have been nominated for best supporting at least.
>>
>>87236019
This. He really stole the show.
>>
>>87236019
Yeah he was excellent. The movie was really good. Surprised it didn't get a best pic oscar nom
>>
>>87235465

Del Taco seriously needs to partner up with someone. He is more of a creative type that has cool concepts, ideas and designs for various types of fantasy and horror movies but when it comes to story he often times lacks with it. Like for example, The Strain Comics. They aren't half bad and both Del Toro and Hogan compliment each other well.

Crimson Peak felt like Del Toro had a bunch of cool concepts and ideas but really didn't have a story to go with it. So he decided on this gothic tragedy movie that felt really barebones in terms of plot. He wrote it with an arguably unknown writer and it really showed.

He also suffers from having so many projects in the fucking air he never gets anything off the ground and when he does they suffer from him losing interest or his other current projects.

I liked Crimson Peak. Wouldn't watch it again but it was serviceable. If he had partnered up with a better writer that could flesh out things better it would have been a much better movie. The trailer pretty much sold it as a horror movie and Loki as one of the leads.
>>
>>87236290
For sure. Del Toro is seriously lacking in the writing category. Most notably the dialogue of his characters.

But like you said, his visions and concepts are always intriguing, and his execution doesn't always match.
>>
Eddie the Eagle
A bigger splash
Lost city of z
>>
>>87237468

I'm really saddened that we won't see the Silent Hill game. Kojima's crazy storytelling with Del Taco and Junji Ito's designs. It would have been such a fucking amazing game. Too bad Konami had to go full pachinko on Silent Hill.

Anywho, hopefully the fucker can push out a decent Hellboy 3 before Perlman bites it.
>>
>>87237815
I really liked Lost City of Z.

As for the OP, Marvellous. It's a better Forest Gump imo.
>>
Undertow
Mean creek
Dog pound
>>
Daniel Bruhl was so good as Niki Lauda. The movie overall deserved more recognition.
>>
>>87235306
It makes me sad that Howard got caught up in those piece of shit Dan Brown movies. He puts out interesting films.
>>
>>87235513
where's the mexican though
>>
File: IMG_2593.jpg (807KB, 1132x1600px)
IMG_2593.jpg
807KB, 1132x1600px
Probably my fav 2015 movie.

Too bad the trailers made it seem like a typical disaster movie
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.