[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Make a live action anime. >Cast white people in it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 22

File: IMG_9864.jpg (100KB, 720x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9864.jpg
100KB, 720x340px
>Make a live action anime.

>Cast white people in it.
>>
Who cares?
>>
>>87231407
>make anime
>don't give characters chinky eyes
>>
>>87231469
Overseas markets.
>>
I thought she was ok for the part. she looked like the major from the anime
>>
File: Argentina_Is_White.jpg (36KB, 600x332px) Image search: [Google]
Argentina_Is_White.jpg
36KB, 600x332px
>>87231407
anime characters are white
>>
>>87231407
She's a Jew though, not white.
>>
>>87232199
Anime characters usually don't even look human so you're probably right.
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 149x144px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 149x144px
>>87231407
It's a ((())) is both the antagonist and critic thread.
>>
But when they make L a black character no one bats an eye
>>
I felt like she made a really bad android. I didn't realize one has to be a particularly good actor to act like a believable android, which sounds weird given androids don't exist and for all we know they might end up behaving exactly like humans, without distinction.

I enjoyed Fassbender's android in Prometheus. I don't remember cringing at the girl in Ex Machina although desu I don't remember any of her acting either.

Any good android acting you'd recommend?
>>
>>87232547
Oh, now that I think of it I enjoyed Scarlet's acting in that film where she plays an alien, so maybe it's not her fault but the director's, or somehow mine for not liking it.

Anyway, looking for good android recommendations.
>>
>jew
>white

that's the joke you're making, correct?
>>
Hollywood finally learned to stay the fuck away from anime.

They finally learned, they just needed to learn the hard way.
>>
But anime characters look more white anyway so what's the problem?
>>
>>87232594
Data is an excellent Android.
>>
Please, god, don't let them do a live-action Cowboy Bebop.
>>
>>87231545
funny how it made more money overseas than in the cucked US, but clearly you're a shitposter
>>
>>87231407
deathnote.jpg
>>
>>87231407
Hollywood makes me so angry. How hard is it to make a shot-for-shot adaption of the original? Like how much cocaine do you have to NOT DO to get it right?! Am I taking crazy pills?
>>
File: anime.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
anime.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
I don't understand? Anime is full of white people.
>>
File: CxVvWEMVIAAtpkL.jpg (107KB, 956x906px) Image search: [Google]
CxVvWEMVIAAtpkL.jpg
107KB, 956x906px
why do japs only make cartoons about white girls with unrealistic colored eyes
>>
>>87233412
Better yet, instead of adaptations maybe Hollywood can come up with original fucking ideas since they consider themselves to be the heart of all creativity.

Until then, stay the fuck away from my anime.
>>
>>87233412
if you wanna watch a shot-for-shot adaption why not just watch the original instead of a copy? people who actually want remakes and adaptations of anime or vidya into movies are so fucking stupid and have objectively the shittiest taste
>>
File: whatwomenwant1.jpg (56KB, 478x343px) Image search: [Google]
whatwomenwant1.jpg
56KB, 478x343px
>>87231407
>adapt series in you native country
>don't use your native people
Only Americucks do this.
>>
>>87232311
Ashkenazis are white
>>
>>87231407
I wouldn't have watched it if blacks or Asians were main characters.
>>
>>87232329
kek this
>>
>>87234558

Go and ask one if they're white then.
>>
>>87232329

The closest group would be Fingolians; the real Asian looking Finns.

Anime characters usually have white skin, but they usually have big eyes.
>>
>>87231407
>japan makes anime
>no white people in it

wow racist much?
>>
>>87236627
JoJo and FMA have actual european looking characters.
>>
File: 1504375691643.jpg (76KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1504375691643.jpg
76KB, 1024x1024px
Jap Adolf
>>
weebs need to go back
>>
>>87236694
name of top?
>>
>>87236678
The first few JoJo generations are obviously European. They're living in the UK and then go to Italy.

They only become Japanese later.
>>
>>87231407
that wasn't the movie's worst sin.

it is a shitty robocop story. where you know whom the final boss is before the story starts.

scarjo can't act in this sort of role. all she does is act monotone and stoic.
>>
>>87231407
I actually thought it was kind of neat how they worked the raceswapping thing into the plot.
But otherwise yeah it was pretty shitty.
>>
>I watch anime for the asians!
>>
>>87231407
Do people really to see a movie because its has characters that look like themselves, no matter if they are the lead or a token background character? I simply couldn't imagine doing such a thing. I love tons of Japanese and Korean movies... and they don't even have a single white person in them. I refuse to believe chinks, as soulless and insect like as they are, go to see big budget American movies merely for the fact that they shoehorn one of them in there, or a scene takes place in China or whatever.
>>
>>87236871
Most young Chinese people watch entertainment from South Korea, Japan, and the US anyway. They're pretty culturally open in that sense.
>>
>>87231469

butthurt weebs protecting the honor of glorious nippon (which they've never actually been to)
>>
File: happy anime girls - shokugeki.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
happy anime girls - shokugeki.gif
2MB, 500x281px
Hollywood should just get creative and leave anime alone. Sounds pretty fucking simple.
>>
How to cast live action anime: Ask the creator what race the characters are.
>>
File: GET AWAY FROM ANIME.jpg (29KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
GET AWAY FROM ANIME.jpg
29KB, 600x456px
>>87237201
>How to cast live action anime
Simple: Don't. Leave animated stories alone. Create your own stories. Keep your pedophile society away from my anime.
>>
>>87236742
>jap later
Nah, even then only two main jojo were actually half jap
>>
>>87231407
ScarJo was the least of the problems with this movie, and she looked like Motoko for the most, I had more problem with everyone else, I barely recognized any of the characters.
>>
>>87237560
Batou was ok. In fact he was probably the best part of the movie. Aramaki wasn't bad either.
>>
File: 1490678240079.png (279KB, 900x890px) Image search: [Google]
1490678240079.png
279KB, 900x890px
>>87234558
Don't tell them that.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 447x207px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 447x207px
I'm ok with comics/books adaptations, but anime is already a type of cinema, why do the same but with fugly actors and a dumbed down script
>>
>>87231545
Foreign coloreds prefer white people, though. Just look at /pol/.
>>
>>87231545

overseas markets worship white american hollywood stars.
>>
>>87233298
you know its coming eventually
>>
>>87237590
>Batou
I had no problem with the acting but the eyes were horrible and I didn't like guy, he looked too different.
>>
File: where.gif (1MB, 389x292px) Image search: [Google]
where.gif
1MB, 389x292px
>>87236703
where do you think you are?
>>
It was fucking awful. Stupid backstory that made no sense and turned it into another brainwashed super soldier story, only she isn't really. Admittedly the anime Major is a bit of a Mary Sue (all the Section 9 recruitment backstories are about Motoko being better than them at their special skill) but she seemed ridiculously vulnerable throughout just so the plot could work. Whats the point of an old Togusa and why is Aramaki using his revolver? Pointless.
>>
>>87232329
>>87236431
>>87236573
Fuck off, subhuman shitskins.
>>
>>87231407
The Japanese do this all the time with their own stuff. They make characters in their movies Japanese even when they're supposed to be white or black or whatever.

You work with what you have.
>>
>>87237819
Yeah, this, and they pullet the better cinematics from the movie and slammed them in for no reason.
>>
>>87231407
But aren't japanese already white? Their skin looks pretty white to me.
>>
File: Full Metal Alchemist.jpg (22KB, 350x260px) Image search: [Google]
Full Metal Alchemist.jpg
22KB, 350x260px
>Make a live action anime

>Cast Asians as Europeans
>>
>>87231407
This is why the alt right has to be stopped.
>>
dindus dress up in fancy clothes and pretend to be founding fathers: ok

white girl casted as anime cyborg: OH THE HUMANITY
>>
>>87237819
Motoko's backstory is that she was a loli that became a brain in a prosthetic body due to an airplane crash. Growing up as a full cyborg and being intelligent, has made her one of the most dangerous people on the planet.

All the other section 9 members are basically only good at one thing. they're also human to sort of human. they didn't grow up a brain in a machine body.
>>
>>87236708
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shamballa

The setting of Fullmetal is literally fantasy Germany. The end of the original anime includes an ending where Edward gets transported to an alternate reality where Alchemy never worked (our universe), which also just so happens to be the time when WWII shit was starting to fly.

tldr: Adolf Hitler is in Fullmetal Alchemist
>>
>>87232547
>android
I thought Major and the others were cyborgs.
>>
>>87237893
Yes, its really weird. Without nerding out too much, its got lots of little cuts from both the films, SAC and the name of the villain from 2nd GIG. I don't what they thought they were doing because they were never the most interesting scenes that they chopped into it.

I think what happened was that a lot of it had already been taken by the Matrix (I believe they actually paid for limited rights to do so). Its like they felt inhibited by that or something.
>>
File: Darth Vader.gif (2MB, 700x322px) Image search: [Google]
Darth Vader.gif
2MB, 700x322px
>>87233574
>Remake Funny Games
>It is an exact frame by frame remake of the original
>>
>>87231407
Obviously, why wouldn't you? Anime characters are almost always white.
>>
>>87231407
Do some google, even all the slant-eyed Asians are happy that they cast Scarlett J in the role.

Here's an unacknowledged fact: MOST ASIANS HATE OTHER ASIANS.

Koreans, Japs, Chinks, Gooks, they all fucking hate each other. If a Korean got cast as a Jap, both sides would be mad and not watch the movie.

One day in college a Japanese girl asked another Japanese girl if she was Korean, and the girl fucking freaked out and was so upset by that.
>>
>>87238084
Yeah, I know, it makes sense in its setting. In the movie ScarJo just got it all downloaded into her head, so why is she "The Major"? Its notable she gets ordered around the whole time and is actually scared of Batou at one point.

Its not so much that it doesn't have much to do with the source material, its that there is something interesting about Motoko and her relationships with people that you don't normally get. One thing she definitely isn't is a victim. Instead we got a boring character we've seen a million times and a sort of 'body horror' theme that wouldn't make sense to characters in a world where cyborg stuff is everyday.

You can tell SJWs don't actually study media to the degree that they claim.
They complained about this film on the basis of "cultural appropriation", but its probably the one time I'd agree a film should have been criticised on feminist grounds. They took a genuinely strong female character (Motoko typically takes the piss out of Batou for being emotional) and turned her into a whiny weak victim for no reason.
>>
>>87233574
Gong Li is so fucking hot.
>>
>>87237843
>whiteboi this mad
>>
>>87231407
Anime cartoons are modeled after white people though. Plus no one wants to see stinky ugly chinks on the big screen anyways.
>>
>>87238395
You can't culturally appropriate GITS because its based on an old British TV series anyway.
Togusa, Aramaki and Batou pictured.
>>
>>87231407
kikes aren't white
>>
>>87238176
They were the most "exciting" scenes, the naked jumping, the camou fight and the tank scene are something that you would instantly recognize GitS from, I guess that was their goal, since there isn't much else.
>>
File: gits.jpg (346KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gits.jpg
346KB, 1920x1080px
>>87238084
Also in the first movie she fuses with some kind of artificial intelligence that spontaneously sprung forth from the net. So she's more adept at hacking and shit.

Not sure if there's actually continuity between that and the other series though. I know in SAC she manages to survive having her brain blown up by escaping into the net and then downloading herself into another body. So maybe that's related.
>>
>>87238598
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ghost_in_the_Machine
>>
>>87238524
>>>/pol/
>>
>>87238524
You faggots can't even qualifyas people.
>>
>>87238201
The only weird part about this is that it was the same director.
>>
>>87231407
I'm usually against whitewashing but when it comes to these types of films I'm all for it.
It's a must, what I wish they didn't whitify are the screenwriters and directors. That's what kills these movies

It's evident that anime characters are white but they're just a vehicle for the story which is 100% japanese. An american live action adaptation USING a typical white creative staff are the nails in the coffin.

It even happens with productions made exclusively for western consumption. Game of Thrones stands out as a prime example imo. The actors (although very good and did help) isn't what drew so many viewers in, its the story. How it unfolded and how it felt to watch something unlike anything else. Grrm is out of the ordinary, he's different in comparison to the average westerner, he stands out and is an exception. The type you'd refer to as one of a kind.
When he left /got/ it became a flaming bag of shit, why? Because HBO put two of the whitest most typical goyish crackers in charge.

It's the minds behind the lens that makes the difference. You're focusing too much on the characters and not so much on what really matters
>>
File: p8mjwt5mslny.jpg (885KB, 1433x1412px) Image search: [Google]
p8mjwt5mslny.jpg
885KB, 1433x1412px
>>87238524
>imagine role playing as a black person for (YOU's)
yikes
>>
>>87232594
Under The Skin is my favorite movie
>>
File: edge-of-tomorrow-wallpaper-4.jpg (487KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
edge-of-tomorrow-wallpaper-4.jpg
487KB, 1920x1200px
>>87231407

>Make a live action anime.
>Cast white people in it.

I'll even add a Bonus for you OP
>Be a worldwide success.

Done. Mission accomplished. Where's my prize?
>>
>>87231407
That wasn't the problem, it was just done in a shitty way. You need to really be a fan to do it properly. These kinds of adaptations need to get the feel, this movie looked like the matrix.
>>
>>87239107
>Because HBO put two of the whitest most typical goyish crackers in charge.
Both of them are actually jews though...
Nearly everyone in Hollywood is jew.
>>
File: section9.jpg (120KB, 1260x409px) Image search: [Google]
section9.jpg
120KB, 1260x409px
>>87231407

Ghost in the Shell did not fail because of White people. It failed because it had a shitty unfocused script, and an incompetent director who didn't have a clue about the source material. The major is supposed to be a badass. Not some whimpering woman with identity issues.

All they needed to do was make an ensemble movie with Section 9 and adapt the 1st GIG TV show. The show is literally "cyberpunk seven samurai cops". It writes itself.
>>
>>87239533
>>87239483
You don't deserve these dubs.
>>
>>87231407
>it's another scarlet johansen does flying somersault kicks episode
>>
>>87239533

Damn. Edge of Tomorrow does not get enough credit. Its the best western anime adaptation to date.
>>
>>87239533

/thread
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.