[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some other movies about starving to death on a bus?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: chrismccandless.jpg (112KB, 1420x724px) Image search: [Google]
chrismccandless.jpg
112KB, 1420x724px
what are some other movies about starving to death on a bus?
>>
Grave of the Fireflies

japan is kind of a bus
>>
>>87230312
I legitimately think he had mild autism. It really would explain a lot about his behavior.
>>
>>87230396
He was a pro hitchhiker. Which means basically is interesting and charming enough that people give him rides, money, food, supplies, and temp work. He had an adventurous streak. He was fun to converse with and pretty bright having been on A honor roll in high school and college.

But he mistook his pro hitchhiker skills for pro survival skills. He went in to the bush with no waterproof boots, one change of clothes, no tent, no bug spray, no heavy coat, no animal traps, no rod and reel, no knowledge of edible plants, no food plot, no food reserves except a 20lbs bag of rice, and just a .22 rifle. And it was the Alaskan wilderness no less which is far less forgiving. He just lucked into shelter (an old bus converted into a hunting cabin). It's amazing he stayed alive as long as he did.

But here's the thing. There's lots of adventurous young guys that crave a heroic death.... which I honestly wonder if that's what it was all about. The guy that dropped him off in the woods even said he'd purchase him proper boots, a tent, a rod and reel, and plenty of supplies.... the guy told him he wasn't properly prepared.... but he didn't take him up on the offer. A few months later when his corpse was found, the man who dropped him off instantly knew who he was.

It's a great story but it's also a cautionary tale. The hermit life sounds amazing to us introverted guys but you have to have a lot of knowledge and gear to properly live off the land.

I'm pretty sure Chris McCandless knew next to nothing about hunting, camping, fishing, trapping, and foraging. And barest minimum, he should have had a proper caliber rifle for big game, animal traps, a rod and reel, and some type of greenhouse of food plot.... and even a few hundred bucks in canned food for the days when trapping/hunting/fishing isn't working working out.
>>
why the FUCK didn't he fuck that underage girl tho
>>
>>87230909
anon asking the real questions here
>>
>>87230846
He actually knew a decent amount IIRC. His death is theorized to be caused by him eating a plant that is usually edible but can be too much for your body to handle if youre sick or starving
>>
>>87230909
I would have stayed in the hippy commune for that. Especially if she was KStew
>>
>>87230846
>The hermit life sounds amazing to us introverted guys but you have to have a lot of knowledge and gear to properly live off the land.

Where do you acquire the knowledge to go live by yourself in the woods these days? Serious question, I'll buy books etc.
>>
>>87231005
That's just the theory. It's believed to be a combination of poisoning and starvation.

BUT any sensible man doing this shit would have brought some vegetable seeds (it was spring), some canned goods, a rod and reel, some animal traps, a proper rifle or shotgun for shooting large game. Maybe even some type of proper smoker (he literally only got a couple days worth of food out of a whole moose because he didn't know he had to cut the meat into thin strips and was trying to smoke big chunks).

Your average guy who's been hunting/fishing/camping a few times in their lives literally would know more. In typical youthful arrogance, his fatal sin was believing he was far more knowledgeable and skilled than he actually was.

Your average 6th grade boy scout knows more about survival. Most importantly the cardinal rule, "always be prepared".
>>
>>87231126
Well, I acquired a bit of know-how by hanging with the country boys that taught me how to camp, hunt, butcher, fish, trap, and garden. Those are barest minimum prerequisites, and you have to be good at all of them.

But I'm also grounded enough to realize that I wouldn't make it as a crazy man of the woods.... but I'd love to try one day. But you have to be properly prepared.
>>
>>87231126
It's one of those things, that you can read books on edible plants/gardening/hunting etc.... but honestly, best way to learn is just do a lot of hunting/fishing/gardening/camping. Like most things practice is more important than theory.
>>
>>87231126
With social media, pretty sure the second someone sees you, they'll take hundreds of pics and vids and upload it for views. And of course you'll end up being fucked up
>>
>>87230846
>no knowledge of edible plants
IIRC he carried an encyclopedia of local plant life with his other books.
>>
File: Alexander Superspeeder.png (288KB, 550x440px) Image search: [Google]
Alexander Superspeeder.png
288KB, 550x440px
>>87230312
Let's pretend his passion was Nascar driving...

Christopher McCandless sets off, from California in an old car he rebuilt himself (he replaced the fenders and painted it), on a trip to the Daytona 500. He only gets across the state line when he runs out of fuel because he forgot to fill it up. Instead of simply walking to the nearest gas station or flagging down help he decides to push his car over an embankment and set it on fire. He then proceeds to walk on foot to the nearest car lot (which happens to be in Mexico for some reason, mostly because he burned up his map in the car and he's been taking backroads.) He finds an old bicycle in a garbage dump and uses that.

He finally gets to the car lot and buys a fixer-upper for $50. Before leaving the car lot he has to change a tire, which he replaces with the solid rubber donut. He buys fuel and heads off to the Daytona 500 again. Only he's heading deeper into Mexico and eventually ends up broken down in front of, "Autodromo Internacional de la Jolla" due to no water in the radiator. The engine block has seized up. Luckily, there's a race about to start. Christopher...er "Alexander Superspeeder", who changed his name, pays the $125 entry fee for the race.

Unfortunately, Alexander Superspeeder doesn't have a race car. He does however have an old bicycle still. He uses the bicycle to race. He makes it only 3 laps before he is too tired to steer straight and veers off into a race car and is killed.

Some Jew picks up his story and writes a book about his life and how he followed his dreams. Another Jew makes a movie about it. Armchair racers around the world adore him.

The End.
>>
File: bmiChart002.jpg (22KB, 550x350px) Image search: [Google]
bmiChart002.jpg
22KB, 550x350px
>In to the Wild
>man is mentally ill
>man shuns society, gives his money away, burns the rest of his money, identification, credit cards, gets his vehicle caught in a flash flood, becomes a filthy vagrant hitchhiker, changes his name to "Alexander Supertramp", kayaks to Mexico illegally, loses kayak in a dust storm, goes to California, shuns civilization again,
>man goes innawoods in Alaska and lives in an abandoned bus for 4 months, and was most likely the person that vandalized the supplies of food caches (he was a really stupid, mentally ill person after all, who wanted to destroy everything he had available to him from civilization)
>man dies from equal amounts of stupidity, ignorance, and starvation (and from being injured)
>enterprising Jewish author decides to write a book about it to make money from someone else's tragedy
>another enterprising Jewish guy decides more money can be made from the mentally ill innawoods guy and decides to make movie about it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_the_Wild_%28film%29
Budget $15 million[2]
Box office $56,255,142[3]
8 awards
>>
>>87232520
based Jews
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.