[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can the Americans of /tv/ tell me about this fella?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

Can the Americans of /tv/ tell me about this fella?
>>
File: Oliver Brainwashing.jpg (333KB, 1848x817px) Image search: [Google]
Oliver Brainwashing.jpg
333KB, 1848x817px
>>87228930
He's a useful idiot used for his accent to brainwash the average American millenial.
>>
>>87228972
>this is what Trump voters actually believe
>>
he died as he lived
>>
File: 1313821567818.jpg (9KB, 285x249px) Image search: [Google]
1313821567818.jpg
9KB, 285x249px
>>87229032
>this is what people who pick their head up from the grass come to understand

FTFY
>>
I remember watching this chappie on mock the week years and years ago and thinking god he's terrible, he'll never get famous.

Then he went to America and somehow just became famous. You can keep him but you have to take Piers back.
>>
>>87228930
comedian gets to speak the truth like only comedians get to do.
Often tries too hard to make banal shit funny and/or outrageous.
Heavily favors the left in American politics.
>>
he's funny and pol gets trigger by him
>>
>>87228972
>be psychologist
>diagnose everyone with autism
>>
>>87228930
We gave him a show in order to remind us what year it is. It's probably cheaper than printing calendars.
>>
>>87228972
This is actually hilarious considering that most conservatives hold any form of psychology/psychiatry in utter contempt.
>>
>>87229111
I miss piers desu, he was ok
>>
>>87229272
>most conservatives hold any form of psychology/psychiatry in utter contempt

Wanna know how I know you're a lefty?
>>
>>87229281
I think he might be one of the most hated men in our tiny little muslim country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chH3SKoY4Xs
>>
>>87229315
Because in your world view, only a "leftist" would dare disagree with or mock your beliefs.
>>
>>87228930
Obnoxious, arrogant, and lacking insight. Typical bong in other words.
>>
>>87229272
Most pedestrian post of the thread
>>
>>87229281

he's the only guy SJWs and alt right guys hate

he somehow has the worst take on every issue
>>
>>87229334
Pretty much. Conservatism is common sense.
>>
>>87229272
Just because people hold something in contempt doesn't mean that thing cannot be helpful at times.
>>
>>87228930
He's not American.
>>
>>87228930
I liked him on Mock the Week.
>>
>if we don't throw open our borders to millions of illiterate, unskilled welfare-dependents with radically different (inferior) morals and customs to make up for our low birthrate, we're doomed
>here's a cherrypicked diamond-in-the-rough example of a refugee that isn't a piece of shit. Surely that's a valid test sample of the flood of fucking Nigerians, Somalis, and Afghans just marching into whatever social welfare state they please
I liked his bits on tobacco companies, chicken farmers, and salmon though. Anything that involves social issues and virtue-signalling can fuck right off
>>
>>87229272
Be fair. A lot of psychology/psychiatry (like 80%) is unscientific trash deserving of contempt. A hugely interesting and valuable field that attracts ideologues like flies to shit. So happens that the ideology in question is usually more objectionable to conservative-leaning people than to liberal ones
>>
>>87229604
No ideology is in everything look up zizek poltard
>>
>>87229604
I bet you believe there's only two genders
>>
>John Oliver
>Piers Morgan
>James Fucking Cordon

why does America love our shit """celebrities""" so much but the likes of Ayoade get no love at all? Is it because he was in that awful Ben Stiller/Vince Vaugn film?
>>
>>87228930

Propagandist for the Democrat party. Ugly. Ugly accent. Not really funny. No one watches it as it airs, they just watch the clips that get promoted heavily on YouTube and Facebook.
>>
File: obvious troll is obvious.png (42KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
obvious troll is obvious.png
42KB, 625x626px
>>87229662
>>
>>87228930
he was great in the Community
>>
>>87229666
All of those people are unironically more talented than Ayoade. The public has shit taste but yours is even worse
>>
>>87229111
I don't recall ever seeing him on British TV. Granted I didn't watch much of MTW, but I've looked through his IMDb profile and don't recognise him being in any of the other shows either.

Kinda puzzling then he's "made it" in the US given so many popular media personalities here who we're inundated with are desperate to be big in the States and fail.
>>
>>87228930
>watching the way his neck moves when he talks

yikes
>>
>>87229746
>take James Cordon over Ayoade
>accuse anyone of having shit taste

my man you need to sort yourself right out
>>
>>87229032

Prove it wrong.
>>
>>87229746
Fuck off back to plebbit
>>
>>87229788
I'd literally only ever seen him on like four episodes of Mock The Week years and years ago when it was at least slighty tolerable and that was it. I felt pretty confident in my assessment he'd never be famous and then out of the fucking blue he's on HBO
>>
>When I'm driving, I sometimes turn on the radio and I find very often that what I'm listening to is a discussion of sports. These are telephone conversations. People call in and have long and intricate discussions, and it's plain that quite a high degree of thought and analysis is going into that. People know a tremendous amount. They know all sorts of complicated details and enter into far-reaching discussion about whether the coach made the right decision yesterday and so on. These are ordinary people, not professionals, who are applying their intelligence and analytic skills in these areas and accumulating quite a lot of knowledge and, for all I know, understanding. On the other hand, when I hear people talk about, say, international affairs or domestic problems, it's at a level of superficiality that's beyond belief.

Noam Chomsky.
Saying that the average American is not stupid, but rather he applies his intellect on a deep understanding of very inconsequential subjects while remaining outrageously superficial on the most consequential subjects.
>>
>>87229650
>poltard
Nope

>Zizek
Smells like fatuous postmodern trash to me. I'll try to get to it sometime but it's not at the top of my list
>>
>>87229788

Same. I'd never seen or heard of him until his appearance on the Daily Show in the US
>>
>>87229082
Ed Edd and Eddy is the worst show ever aired on Television. It makes Jersey Shore and Honey Boo Boo look like Citizen Kane compared to that atrocity. If I were to met the morons who created that turd, I'd probably get cancer just by looking at the fucker. The show is so bad, I'd rather burn in hell than watch that insult to cartoons. Calling it the biggest and most putrid and disgusting pile of shit on Earth isn't enough. No insult can do justice to this fuck of a show. It's insufferably bad, the kind of bad that made Satan who he is now. It's so vile that simply it's existence in the universe is completely toxic. It's completely and utterly shit. The fact that it is in the same category as other cartoons, hell, the fact that it is considered a normal creation on Earth makes me lose hope in the world infinitely. If you never saw it, stay the hell away, you'd rather twist your testicles off than watch that shit. It's not even watchable. It doesn't entertain, it just gives the urge to kill yourself. Please do the world a favor and avoid this steaming hunk of anti-matter, it'll make your life, and the entirety of humanity better.
>>
>>87230016
international affairs or domestic problems are not worth discussing
>>
File: that is illegal you know.png (121KB, 704x711px) Image search: [Google]
that is illegal you know.png
121KB, 704x711px
>>87230102
>Ed Edd and Eddy is the worst show ever aired
stopped reading right there.
post reported for illegal content.
>>
>>87229650
being from /pol/ is a spook ;^)
>>
>>87230771
So is being from reddit. You should check it out.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.