[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shadow of the Torturer TV series when? Fuck GoT.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1437694124321.jpg (293KB, 1600x608px) Image search: [Google]
1437694124321.jpg
293KB, 1600x608px
Shadow of the Torturer TV series when?

Fuck GoT.
>>
>>87228497
How do you do unreliable narrator in a tv series?
>>
>>87229085
Show contradictory events.

It would be a flop because the average viewer wouldn't understand it.
>>
File: 1456685153678.png (452KB, 492x900px) Image search: [Google]
1456685153678.png
452KB, 492x900px
>>87228497

One of the few fictions I feel is truly unadaptable, though I think something set in the world would be magnificent.
>>
>>87228497

Also I wanna post fanart cause I love the shirtless evil bastard who has a heart of gold.
>>
>>87229139
>It would be a flop because the average viewer wouldn't understand it.
will we ever get an era of high budget tv shows made for non-brainlets bros
>>
File: 1493064474876.png (426KB, 997x781px) Image search: [Google]
1493064474876.png
426KB, 997x781px
Teqla
>>
>>87229085
>How do you do unreliable narrator in a tv series?

What unreliable narrator?
>>
>>87230101
I think you need to read the books again.
>>
>>87230244
I'm reading The Sword of the Lictor right now.

What's unreliable about the narrator?
Or you mean his lack of knowledge about forgotten tech?
>>
>>87230413
That's not at all what he means. Severian describes himself as a perfect person and great hero figure but the reality of his actions are far worse. He rapes someone in a boat and basically just days he fell on her.
>>
>>87230413
If you haven't read all of the four books (up to Citadel of the Autarch) I don't want to be specific. It's not really possible to spot until in the later books. And even then, if you don't read them all at one go or have a stellar memory, you notice it on the re-read (Wolfe writes pretty much all of his books so you understand them better on second reading.)
>>87230539
That too, but also...
Severian lies by omission. Not by omitting events and people. But by omitting conclusions and connections about them that should be pretty obvious to him (but not to the first-time reader) at the time. Then he later references those events mentioning the conclusion, or connection in an off-hand kind of way, as if the reader had already figured out what he had.
>>
>>87230539
>Severian describes himself as a perfect person

Huh, not really? His encounter with a woman, her kid and old man with alzabo showed that he's not some noble man.
And it wasn't the first time he's made such decisions. Like he tortured and executed the women who was innocent in the previous book.

He's kinda like Geralt desu.
>>
New Sun is shit. His new novel is worth a read.
>>
This thread got me really psyched to read this. Should I really read it all in one sitting?
>>
>>87229465
>will we ever get an era of high budget tv shows made for non-brainlets bros

I don't get why billionaires with more money than sense don't fund the arts precisely because of this. Art patronage used to be a thing. Now it's just for insurance and tax scams.

I mean come the fuck on Elon you're a big fucking nerd let's see you actually contribute to humanity not just play space legos.
>>
>>87231362
The first four books, which tell a single story, are nearly 1000 pages altogether, so no, not literally in one sitting. Just don't space out the books years apart like I did because I didn't have them all at once.
>>
>>87231618
I find it that even the most die-hard art patron would have trouble swallowing a bill that's more than a couple of percents of their whole fortune for a single work of art -- which a high-budget tv show would do for even billionaires these days.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.