[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This fucking movie gave me an ulcer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
This fucking movie gave me an ulcer.
>>
>black L

what did you expect?
>>
>>87227307
By the end of the movie L being black felt like the smallest issue to me.
>>
Just finished watching not even 2 mins ago, and I really liked it. Its nowhere near the level of awfulness people are making out to be
>>
>>87227397
When you have shit taste, yeah.
>>
>>87227448
More like bitter animefag are bitter
Compared to most live action anime, its was enjoyable.

No where near the anime level, but hey at least Misa died, and that's something I wanted since her introduction in the anime
>>
>>87227385

This, the movie missed major themes and characterizations. There was a reason that Light was a popular, handsome, "perfect" student, there's a reason Ryuk is indifferent and bored, there's a reason L is a weirdo. It all plays together to say something about the human condition, about judgment, morality, about God and much more.
>>
Can you imagine some cringey high schooler thinking this is the coolest movie ever?
>>
>>87227612
All the characters were terrible and unlikeable, the plot made no sense and focused on the wrong things and the music choice end ending sucked.
>>
>>87228071
Ryok, L, and Light's dad were good and likeable
Light was a bitch, but him not trying to be a kill innocents was a nice change of pace, and seeing scream like a little girl got a chuckle out of me
Misa was just awful, but I hated her too in the anime, so eh
Plot made sense, but they tried to squeeze too much in a small time truing it into a mess
I will give you the music choice and ending though. The ending would have been great if there was an actual build up.
>>
him screaming like a bastard when he first sees ryuk was genuinely hilarious
>>
File: 1376019-stalin4.jpg (68KB, 587x625px) Image search: [Google]
1376019-stalin4.jpg
68KB, 587x625px
>20 gorllionth death note thread

Dear Netflix astroturfing department
You should give me an internship. I am an skilled in public opinion manipulation and would be able to teach you a thing or two.
Sincerely,
Anon
>>
Watched it a second time. This time with the family. They seemed to enjoy it well enough. I still find the acting bad and the writing awful. Visuals and cinematography were fantastic though. Will Wingard be the next Ridley?
>>
>>87228463
I didn't like Ryuk and Light's father.
>>
File: 1496893870017.jpg (65KB, 588x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496893870017.jpg
65KB, 588x720px
>>87227397
>>87227612
It's a good movie, just not a good Death Note movie
>>
>>87228463
>>87229001
L was ok in the beginning but he became a neurotic pussy and ended up running around with a gun like some autistic faggot.
>>
>>87229036
Too be fair, there hasn't been a good Death Note movie yet.
>>
>>87227307
>>87227385
That was literally the best thing about this shitshow. Black L understood how to play L and you could see it come through in the rare moments that the script allowed for it.
>>
>>87227397
>>87227612
But it's watered down, americanized garbage. literally every change they decided to make to it was to choose to make it inferior, less compelling.
>>
>>87229762
It's an adaptation.
I never expected a shot for shot remake or did I want one. I wanted to see the anime in a different light, and that's what I got.

>But it's watered down, americanized garbage
And the Japanese live action movie was just garbage. What's you're point?
>>
I watched up till the first 25 minutes

>Light tries to impress some random female by killing in front of her
The Light I knew would never do this. He was cold, calculating, smart. He would never reveal that he is a fucking murderer unless he absolutely had to. Especially not to impress some fucking woman. How fucking disgusting
>>
>>87227385

This.

It's not even a matter of the entire cast being mixed up in terms of race. Everyone's written so astronomically different and the tone of the movie is so off it's almost like it was an original generic Netflix thriller that got repackaged as a Death Note movie.
>>
>>87230184

They tried too hard to fit Light into the "creepy white loner" stereotype because to Americans it's easier to believe that someone with nothing to lose would abuse the Death Note. The idea of a model student potentially throwing away their future in order to go on a worldwide crime purge through murder is unrealistic.

Breaking Bad is a good example of that. People only saw it acceptable to root for Walter because he was backed into a corner by circumstance and had nothing left to lose. The difference is the writers actually weren't afraid to show Walter going too far and drawing a line in the sand between just trying to survive and abusing power, while Death Note heaped all of Light's baggage onto the Misa replacement to leave him free of responsibility for his actions.
>>
The guy who played L did a pretty good job. Unlike that Kira though. The Kira was trash
>>
>>87227307
bLack
>>
Why the fuck not just hire an Asian American actor to play Kira? I mean why not?
>>
You do not have the right to express hate speech.

If you consider your self a white nationalist, you literally do not have the right to speak. Ever.

Just shut your mouth or we will shut it for you.
>>
>>87231850
he was an OK Light, but a terrible Kira. I agree
>>
>>87232260
Because it's set in the US?
>>
>>87232303
>he was an OK Light
He was a terrible Light. Ask anyone to describe what Light is supposed to be based on the source material, and you get:

>handsome
>charming
>popular
>tall
>athletic

This guy fits none of those.
>>
File: 1504020154851.jpg (80KB, 600x732px) Image search: [Google]
1504020154851.jpg
80KB, 600x732px
It's not a good adaptation but it is a good movie.
Weebs can be mad all they want it won't stop me from enjoying the movie. If anything I'll enjoy it more next time I watch it due to others suffering from my enjoyment.
>>
>>87232260
Because they weren't trying to make an accurate adaptation.
>>
>>87232402
>An adaptation should be exactly what I think
I bet you didn't even read the manga
>>
>>87230184
Mia was a better Light and Kira. They literally wrote her to have the same personality as anime Light.
>Athletic
>Smart
>Popular
>Beautiful
>Ruthless
>>
>>87232568
I'm not saying it should be exactly what I think, only that it should resemble the main character of the story it's based on. Imagine if Frodo in Fellowship of the Ring was 6 feet tall and enjoyed fighting.
>>
>>87232402
maybe it's clear to the people with a brain who watched this movie, but not to you. they pretty clearly weren't trying to make this a faithful adaptation. which is a good thing, because the other death note movies that tried that were awful.
>>
Having Light being an outcast loser wouldn't even be a problem if the script still celebrated the things that made the anime and manga popular. Light doesn't need to be a 10/10 valedictorian pro-athlete chad, but he can't be absolutely fucking retarded either. Literally just showing the death note to people he barely knows... how can anyone root for him after being such a retard?

Originally, both Light and L were interesting and smart. In this adaption, Light wasn't interesting or smart, which made things play out in a more obvious and less intriguing way.
>>
File: cramervsginger.jpg (17KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
cramervsginger.jpg
17KB, 320x240px
This.
>>
>>87227687
really made me think
>>
where the FUCK were Near and Mello?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.