[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the time of good Netflix Marvel shows over?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1-3.jpg (224KB, 640x284px) Image search: [Google]
1-3.jpg
224KB, 640x284px
Is the time of good Netflix Marvel shows over?
>>
>>87227077
>There was a time.
>>
>>87227402
>i'm a sheltered channer
ftfy
>>
>>87227402
Daredevil and JJ were good but there's been a sharp decline
>>
>>87227077
It wasn't great, but it wasn't awful. I dunno how I feel about it.
>>
>>87227077
They were never good.
Fucking manchildren.
>>
>>87227077
No, they were just spreading themselves too thin. You could tell with the back half of Luke Cage and the whole of Iron Fist that they were just trying to get shit out of the way for Defenders (which itself felt rushed). Now that they're not under the crunch things will pick up. Punisher will be better since it's not as hampered by tie-ins. DD3 will be at least bretty gud since he's the flagship character and hopefully Luke Cage 2 learns from the first season mistakes and keeps a more consistent tone. I'm largely ambivalent to JJ and Iron Fist probably can't be salvaged because the lead actor is just crap.

Of course that's only Netflix. The broadcast shows will always suck. Agents overstayed it's welcome like two seasons ago and Inhumans is confirmed to be hot garbage since it's got cheesey production values and the same showrunner as Iron Fist.
>>
>>87227471

JJ would have been unwatchable without Tennant.

The recurring theme with these shows is that they're utterly carried by the villains.

The problem with Defenders is that they waste Weaver and the villains are garbage.
>>
>>87227515
>please raise my roastie stained child
ftfy
>>
>>87227077
We wait for Frank. If they screw that up, then yes.
>>
I couldn't even finish DD season 2.
>implying I'd ever watch a show with a black or female lead
I haven't showered in two weeks but I have *some* self-respect
>>
>>87227437
>sheltered from watching netflix
?
>>
>>87227077

When did it start??
>>
>>87227077
Defender was pretty good. Iron Fist season two will be kino now that they've got rid of Scott Buck. Marvel surely can't hire him again now that he's ruined The Inhumans too.
>>
>>87227629
Daredevil
>>
>>87227077
None of these netflix shows were ever good in the first place.
>>
>>87227550
Seriously, the made The Hand so unscary.

In the comics the Hand is an ancient death cult that wants to raise a demon and unleash literal Hell on Earth.

In the show they were just whiny assholes that didn't want to die.

Also, these shows do not need to be 13 episodes long. That's a relic of the old broadcast system. Almost all the shows started to drag in the last few episodes. A tight 8-10 episodes would trim a lot of fat and force the showrunner to focus on quality.
>>
>>87227701
>defenders was pretty good
I didn't even make it past the DD courtroom scene before I cringed into oblivion and cancelled my netflix sub.
>>
>>87227701
I still don't have any faith for IF2. Jones is just a bad lead and even in the Defenders he showed zero character development. Everybody else has showed some kind of change/growth even if minimal but he was still the same whiny dumbass from IF1.
>>
>>87227835
Except for the scene where they were "getting together" in the chinese restaurant, where he acted like Tony Stark without the charisma to sell it. That shit was so out of place it made me uncomfortable. He went right back to being his serious and stupid self immediately after.
>>
Punisher will save them
>>
I'm putting most of my chips on Punisher since it's not a Defenders tie-in, DD3 which is going to be about Matt rebuilding his life and Luke Cage 2 which sounds like it's going back to street level crime drama and is mostly about the power vacuum Cottonmouth left behind.

It would be nice if Cage showed up in IF2 as a sort of mentor to Danny. Danny wants to fill Daredevil's shoes, but he needs someone to give him a hard reality check and show him how the streets work. But again, I just don't have that much faith in the show.
>>
>>87227885
"Thundering Dumbass" was the best line of the show.
>>
>>87228258
This he was the best part of daredevil.
>frank is a old soldier fighting his emotional demons while fighting crime
>daredevil is fighting magical ninjas
>>
If they want to salvage anything for Iron Fist they need to put Finn Jones into hard boot camp like right now. His fight choreography is laughable and he looks like he's made of cookie dough when he should be carved out of wood.

Motherfucker is the immortal weapon of an ancient magic city, but every time he uses the iron fist he's just throwing a wild hay-maker.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.