[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kino

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: it-comes-at-night-poster.jpg (281KB, 1280x1897px) Image search: [Google]
it-comes-at-night-poster.jpg
281KB, 1280x1897px
Kino
>>
The ending sucked.
>>
what comes at night?
>>
>>87223843
I do
>>
>>87222657
I loved it.

>>87223808
How so?
>>
>>87222657
Yes
>>
>>87223843
Suspicion, paranoia, bad dreams

So literally nothing
>>
>>87223843
The penis
>>
>>87222657
Is it actually good? I'm a big fan of subtle horror films such as The Witch. WILL I LIKE IT?
>>
>>87224118
yes
>>
>>87224118
I love the VVitch, but this movie is complete trash

>>87224160
kys
>>
>>87223843
Fear
>>
>>87224118
its not a horror film. its a suspense film. its about a sickness. not one that turn you into a murderous zombie. just a sickness that kills you. thats it.
>>
>>87224310
aka its a movie with no pay offs and not even implied answers to questions the film makers aren't even insinuating

It's trash, you're saying basically
>>
>>87224347
its ok. not great or even good. i kept thinking a cool monster was gonna come out. its just human drama.
>>
>>87224347
it's not even about answering the questions, I'd be fine with not knowing if they actually bothered to tell a good story. unfortunately this was far from a good story
>bland characters that had no personality whatsoever beyond the words they spoke
>completely abhorrent camerawork
>countless meaningless shots of characters contemplating over nothing particularly relevant
>constant montages, establishing nothing in particular
just a complete mess, if this was an attempt at a realist post-apoc movie they failed hard
>>
>>87222657
Who opened the door?
>>
>>87222657
cool poster
>>
>why did you call it it comes at night?
>idk lol it sounded cool

>why did you market it as a horror film even though it wasnt
>idk it just seemed to fit
>>
>>87222657
I liked it well enough, but was hoping for a creature feature with that title.
>>
>>87223843
Your mom when I bang her rear.
>>
>>87224347
>I only watch movies to see what the end of the story is

the utmost in plebery, I would say why not just read the synopsis on wikipedia then but retards like you honestly do this
>>
>>87224857
I'd understand your autistic rant if it was with literally any other movie.
The other anon is right, this movie is marketed as something, promises something and gives nothing in the end but jump scares.
>>
It's pretty racist, considering everything bad happens because of the black kid.
>>
>>87223808
I didn't like it, but I don't think I could come up with a good one without making it cheesey.

Reminder that the black guy was infected all along.
>>
>>87224547
The little boy. When he went out to get infected by the dog.
>>
>>87227189
The little kid could not open the door though. He's too short and only the black kid had the keys. It was heavily implied the black kid sleepwalks, which is why he has those weird dreams. So as usual the nigger ruined everything is what I'm getting at here.

Goodnight everybody.
>>
>>87224118
Not horror at all. It's a shitty The Road.
>>
>>87224657
Not just marketed. The name and some of the scenes themselves implied it'd be horror. It was weird. Like when they were staring off into the woods. That was a solid "something spooky is about to happen" scene.

I think they were trying to be clever but it just sucked. They gave the audience blue balls and didn't even do what they themselves wanted to do.
>>
>>87227422
The black kid didn't have the keys, only the dad did. I can't see how that wasn't an egregious plot hole given how much focus it got.
>>
This film was nothing special, but the arthouse vibe, pointless longshots, and slow pace fool pseuds into thinking it's """"kino"""" omg wow so deep
>>
>>87227663
What I don't get is who uses keys to slide a bolt?
>>
>>87222657
Two interracial couples bumping into each other in a post-apocalyptic world was a bit much.
>>
What did the dog see? Theories please
>>
File: machariel.png (918KB, 581x925px) Image search: [Google]
machariel.png
918KB, 581x925px
THE BLACK KID OPENED THE DOOR.
HE ALWAYS OPENED IT, EVERY TIME HE DREAMED, EVERY NIGHT
HE GOT INFECTED BY HIS GRANDFATHER.
HE WAS INFECTED FROM THE START.
AS IT GOT WORSE, SO DID THE DREAMS.
THEY STARTED TO BLUR MORE INTO HIS REALITY OF BEING AWAKE, UNTIL HE FORGOT TO CLOSE THE DOOR WHEN IT WAS AT IT'S WORSE.
THE LITTLE KID SLEEPING IN THE GRANDFATHER'S ROOM WAS JUST A WAY TO REMIND US ABOUT HIM.
THE OTHER FAMILY WAS NEVER SICK, THEY DID NOTHING WRONG.
THATS THE JOKE, ALONG WITH THE INFECTION NOT TURNING PEOPLE INTO ZOMBIES OR ANYTHING YOU'D EXPECT FROM A TODAY'S INFECTION BASED HORROR MOVIE, IT JUST MAKES YOU DREAMWALK AND THEN YOU JUST DIE.
prove me wrong.
>>
>>87229866
That sounds good except for the part about the black kid being sick from the start. They said in the movie that the grandfather showed signs within hours of being infected.
>>
>>87230058
I mean they didn't know shit about the infection, nobody did, for all we know the grandfather was infected for a long time like the black kid, and he was also "coming out at night" dreamwalking until he got to the terminal stage, when all the symptoms show up.

Also, the way he says it is: "it took bud less than a day to show signs"
>>
>>87230058
Also, when I said the other family didn't do anything bad, I meant they didn't do anything bad to the protagonists family, I have a theory other family was problematic,
Will clearly lied about his brother(scene when they are drinking whiskey from Bud's stash) and when Will came crashing into their home at night, there is no way in hell he didn't hear Stanley bark, he was going inside to kill whoever was inside.
>>
>>87230176
But then if the black kid was infected the whole time, why didn't it spread to his mom and dad? The amount of precaution that they were taking with the gas masks and boarded up house led us to believe that it was highly contagious.

And although never explicitly stated, it seemed like a potentially global or at least national outbreak.
>>
>>87229866
How did he open the door?
>>
File: XIdoYVp.jpg (40KB, 1215x782px) Image search: [Google]
XIdoYVp.jpg
40KB, 1215x782px
>>87230778
they literally keep the keys for the (ony) lock in the drawer next to the door into their bedroom

>>87230675
I mean did did get infected at some point, they were just not showing symptoms
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.