[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished season 2. Does this show feel facile to anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: master-of-none-poster.jpg (241KB, 747x427px) Image search: [Google]
master-of-none-poster.jpg
241KB, 747x427px
Just finished season 2. Does this show feel facile to anyone else? There's nothing really bad about it, but there isn't anything that stands out and makes the show stand above anything else. It's just kind of boring, hanging out with characters and problems that aren't really interesting or emotionally captivating. I don't hate it, but if I never saw it, I wouldn't feel like I missed out on anything. I'm in the age bracket for this show's demographic, but it just doesn't appeal or relate beyond the superficial. What does /tv/ think?

>inb4 poo in loo
>>
>>87217670
It's alright, but Ansari is such a shrill annoying manlet, I can't watch or listen to him for long
>>
>>87217670
https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/world-40997001
>>
it's just a pointless show
>>
>>87218889

Shut the fuck up

The show is OK, I'd enjoy it more if they cut Dev's romantic scenes out of it entirely. The show's more relevant when Dev branches off into unknown territory like old people
>>
>>87219020
I just wanted to talk about the show man. Anyway I agree, the show works better when it focuses less on Dev and more on side characters. The Thanksgiving and NY strangers episodes were the best. I also wish they focused more on the secondary cast, because they had even less to do this season than the last.
>>
>>87219897

>they had even less to do this season

I can't separate the two seasons so I figure you're right but it didn't feel that way to me, the big guy had central focus with that one wedding and I didn't like that episode. I prefer him being delegated to Dev's keeper. Denise's was great though and I'd love to see more of her. I really just want to see Dev hit it up with complete strangers
>>
>>87219020
Aziz can be funny when that's what he's trying to do but he isn't a great dramatic lead, and his love interest in season two was so thinly defined as a character the whole thing felt pointless.
>>
I enjoyed the show a lot, but I think sometimes it fails to land because the characters and situations aren't believable enough.
Dev isn't a terrible character, but I don't find him that relatable. Probably because he's magically simultaneously rich and careless. It's off putting in such a character driven show that looks like its supposed to be about "life as a millennial".
Also, to me the family themed episodes are fantastic, but the "social justice" episodes fall flat, but I'm sure there are people out there who feel the exact opposite.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (141KB, 740x1110px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
141KB, 740x1110px
>>87220884
Yeah, she wasn't very well written, but I thought the actress did a good job.
I fell in love notgonnalie
>>
>>87217670
It's like they dragged out the last 4 our so episodes of season 2. Like how long was the bitch even staying? They kept making it seem like she was going back tomorrow and then some more days pass while the MC simultaneously looks stoic and losses his poo.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.