[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shit movies you liked as kid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: v1.jpg (26KB, 206x305px) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
26KB, 206x305px
ITT: Movies you liked as a kid but have later realized they are trash. This is one for me, I was a huge fan of Jules Verne and loved steampunk even before knowing it by name. Also, Cape comics were not/have never been mainstream in my country so I didn't know shit about JL/Avengers/Hulk (and Mr. Hyde still is way better than that green faggot). Also also, is the comic any good?
>>
I actually still like this movie. For shit movies I liked as a kid, I watched the shit out of Scooby-Doo.
>>
>>87216702
Velma always gave me a boner
>>
>>87216662
>is the comic any good?
It's pretty radically different from the movie, which makes them both have their advantages. The whole team is WAAAAAY more dysfunctional in the comic. Quatermain is picked up from an opium den, The Invisible Man is picked up from a girl's school where he's busy raping, Mina doesn't have any vampire powers and was divorced by her husband because she got raped by Dracula, but she also leads the team, there's no American or immortal Dorian Grey, so there's no story with Quatermain passing on the spirit of adventure to his successor(America), which I liked in the movie. Nemo's still just cool though. Only thing against him is that he doesn't like the British.
The first two stories are still good, if you've got any grasp on 18th century literary characters, because they really sold the whole "what if every literary character existed" world, everywhere they turn there's allusions to this or that book. Went to shit when they went beyond the 18th century, though, because Moore went full Aleister Crowley fanboy.
>>
>>87217053
Why would nemo like the British? Colonial rule is what turned India into poo land.
>>
>>87216662
They made a shitty TV series about this too.
Penny Dreadful
>>
>>87217428
I meant that that's pretty much his big reason why he's "bad", on a team with rapists and cannibals that are all supposed to kind of antiheroes. Which makes him the most heroic.
>>
Spawn (1997)
>>
space jam
>>
3 Ninjas, loved this shit
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.