[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i spot a reddit movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1483954861600.png (376KB, 700x518px) Image search: [Google]
1483954861600.png
376KB, 700x518px
How do i spot a reddit movie?
>>
>>87212855
Hang yourself, teenager.
>>
pop culture references
breaking the fourth wall
meta humor
sjw themes
tension is always broken with quips
>>
>>87212855
extended exposition, wonder woman comes to mind. It was clearly DC trying to be more like Marvel and it worked.
>>
check box office, if its in top 5, its reddit
check imdb, if its in top 500, its reddit
check 4chan, if its posted here at all, its reddit
>>
>>87212855
Reddit movies are actually pretty well defined. It's a general term used to describe one of three different types of movie.

The first type is films that are popular among adolescent teens to young males who perceive themselves to be on the fringes of society. A common theme in these movies is alienation, nihilism and chaotic/glorified violence. Simply put, you could say that they are united by their nihilism. Characters like the Joker, Donnie Darko, Patrick Bateman and even Travis Bickle are relatable or ideal characters in the minds of these people.
Examples: Drive, Kick-Ass, Dark Knight, Scott Pilgrim

The second type is pseudo-intellectual and pretentious bullshit that pretends it's much more complicated than it actually is. These movies are designed to be actually really fucking simple, but still just complicated enough (or have a complicated enough twist) to make plebs feel clever when they watch it.
Examples: Inception, Fight Club, Idiocracy, Cabin In The Wood, Matrix

The third type is high-budget modern schlock. Stuff that's 'cool', 'awesome' or 'manly' on the most superficial and juvenile level. Shit that falls under the same category as "SHARKS WITH LAZERS!" or "MUSTACHED JETPACK FIGHTS!". These movies tend to be gory or comedic or bloated, or all three.
Examples: Guardians of the Galaxy, The Wolf of Wall Street, 300, Pacific Rim

All three types of films tend to be enjoyed and overhyped by fedora-wearing gentlemen, usually those who also frequent the website known as reddit.
>>
>>87213114
Literally all of that describes discussions on 4chan except breaking the 4th wall of course
>>
>>87213247
stfu nerd reddit movies are just movies you don't like that's the only qualifier
>>
>>87213305
what happened? your fav movie is on the list? lmao
go cry to reddit
>>
>>87213305
No it isn't, I enjoy a lot of Reddit movies. The difference is I enjoyed them for what they are, and not for the posts I get to make on r/highqualitygifs
>>
>>87213305
no

this is really a reddit defensive response
>>
>>87212855
the soundtrack is hans zimmer inspired and plays continuously for the entirety for the movie
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.