[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got around to this and I'm really confused. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 3t4142414.jpg (65KB, 270x405px) Image search: [Google]
3t4142414.jpg
65KB, 270x405px
I just got around to this and I'm really confused.

How are they going into deeper levels of dreams when the machine they use in the dream isn't real? Are they somehow forcing themselves into deeper levels of dreaming? If so then why do they need the machine in the first place? It isn't consistent. It makes me believe that Maude was right. It's nonsensical but they don't question it because the entire movie is a dream.
>>
File: 158.png (11KB, 447x378px) Image search: [Google]
158.png
11KB, 447x378px
>>
I just can't understand how people liked this
>>
>>87212335
They aren't as smart as you anon, clearly
>>
>>87211848
>Written by Christopher "TDKR" Nolan

this should answer all your questions about bad writing.
>>
>>87211848
shared dreaming itself is impossible
>>
>>87211848
The autism.

Its a film about films. Theres an actor, a set designer, Arthur is the producer, Cobb is the auteur director who goes too deep.

Of course the whole movie is a dream, they all are.
>>
Arthur had like 20 lines explaining it but that scene got cut
>>
It's a dream within a dream thing. Doesn't make much sense really, but once they enter a dream, they can force themselves to start another dream, which creates a new reality. Its like pocket universes.
>>
>they can instantly dream up weapons and shit
>they don't dream up giant mechs and missiles to fight off the subconscious
>>
>>87213357
this.
>>
>>87213357
>>they don't dream up giant mechs and missiles to fight off the subconscious
>fight off the subconscious
Then your subconscious will bring on bigger mechs idiot
>>
>>87213357
This. That
>you mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling
line pissed me off so much.
>>
>>87212534
That's probably the LESAST improbable thing about the movie, unless you are implying that brain-brain interfacing will never progress. And it we have already done rudimentary thought sharing in in rats.
>>
>>87213530
Then they could just keep dreaming bigger. Dream up space ships, moonbase, dream teleport when they're closing in on you.

Bravo Noland
>>
>>87213634
Teleporting and hasty movements would pull you out of the dream
>>
>>87213634
Then go watch Jumper
>>
>>87213357

Inception's premise is they're trying to convince him it's all real. Not become this sprawling out of control dream. You don't want it to escalate too much. It'd better if they think it's real so the dream defense doesn't escalate too.
>>
File: jglstunt.png (352KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
jglstunt.png
352KB, 500x397px
>>87213671
>hasty movements would pull you out of the dream
they were constantly running around, crashing into shit. fuck off.
>>
>>87211848
>How are they going into deeper levels of dreams when the machine they use in the dream isn't real?

It's real in the dream. Just like how you can get shot in the dream even though the guns aren't "real" and you can drive a car around
>>
>>87213733
in slow mo
>>
>>87213357

Why is Nolan such a fucking hack?
>>
>>87213748
>It's real in the dream.
The only way this is true is if the base world is also a dream.
>>
>>87213920
>it exists therefore it can't be in a dream
what? this is a very basic plot either you're just pretending to be retarded or you've hit your head at some point.
>>
>>87213986
Nothing is real in a dream genius. The whole premise is convincing somebody it's real and not letting them get wise it's a dream.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.